Thread: Tyre recomendations

Rides

Tyre recomendations

So its just about time I fitted a new set of tyres current set are Goodyear eagle F1 assymeteic 2. They have been pretty good just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations before I buy the same again. The car is an s14a running 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rear used on the road and the track running 308bhp not used for drifting. I'm just after a good all round tyre that will be reasonable in the wet, out on track. And general day to day driving.

Rides
    for the money you can't go wrong, people do say the pilot sports are marginly better in the dry but the good years are better in the wet which keeps me buying them.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've not done track work yet but I'd recommend buying the same again. My goodyears have been brilliant so far ad I'm running a bit more power than you.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    for the money you can't go wrong, people do say the pilot sports are marginly better in the dry but the good years are better in the wet which keeps me buying them.

I've got pilot sports on the front with the f1'son the rear and tbh I can't fault either. Saying that I don't drive as hard as some and the tyres are stretched a bit.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2 are good. A friend has them on his E92 M3.

Or the Goodyear F1s, or Michelin Pilot Sports. The Michelins last ok on track I think, not sure about the other two.

Rides
    My suggestion would be the Yokohama AD08R, excellent tyre all round, unless it snows

Rides
    Thanks for all the recommendations. This is what my eagle f1's looked like after doing 2 15 minute sessions at brands yesterday

I will look into AD08's I have herd good things about them.

Rides
    Falkens on my last car did the same.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Pilot Super Sports are what youre after and the best you can buy, Pilot Sports are a bit more mainstream. The F1's are bloody good tyres at the end of the day though
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I have Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's in the rear (275/35/18) and they are absolutely amazing. I have well over 400bhp and rarely get any wheelspin even when flooring it with 2nd gear...

Rides
    Another vote for Michelin SUPER SPORTS. I got 225 40 18's from love tyres for £94each delivered! Bargain, and they are so much better than my eagle F1's and better than my Yokohama v105s I replaced.

Pilot sports are good but super sports are much better on track. Plus they are amazing in the wet.

Rides
    A friend of mine has recommended nangkang ns2r semi slicks have any of you guys had experience with them?

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MadManMeasures View Post
    A friend of mine has recommended nangkang ns2r semi slicks have any of you guys had experience with them?
    Got them on my rather rapid 135i at the moment, they are good in wet but Im not a fan in the wet TBH, better than most track spec tyres but not a patch on a MPSS or an F1 in more tricky conditions. Im probably going to keep mine as track tyres and put a set of MPSS on for road use as the car is a bit useless in the cold and wet (525lb/ft @ 2500 revs will do that to you though)
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Thanks will probably go for MPSS. Wow that's a lot of torque!

Rides
    Any idea how the width of the MPSS compare to the F1? And how well do they stretch?
    They seem to be about 40€/piece more expensive than the F1. (275/35/18)