Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunew rubber

Rides

Sunew rubber

Any of you guys know much about the brand sunew tyres?

I got practically given a set of 4 225/40/18s and I'm planning on stretching them on 9.75j new wheels tomorrow..

ONLY till the end of August / September then I'll get brand new tyres.. but at £15 for four... I didn't want to say no lol.

I've been reading through some horrific reviews on tyrereview

I just wanted to clarify if anyone on here has had them and if they really are that bad?

Cheers guys

Ry

Rides
    Looking at the reviews - will keep an look out on the obituary pages.

Seriously, tyres are probably the most important component of the car. Don't skimp on them

Rides
    Yeah I know exactly what ya mean... just thought at such a cheap price I'd get em

Rides
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

Think I need that as a Signature quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

Rides
    for £15 .. I would just put them on and see

Yes there is a possibility that driving to work in the traffic at 0 - 30mph might see you spin out and total your car, or you might drive around a round about at the same speed as everyone else, loose the back end in a massive 20mph fishtail that sense you swap sides of the road 4 times before ending up backwards in a hedge.

Or ... they might just turn out to be crap tires that the limit is 35% less than a set of tyres for 4 times the price

once they are on ... drive sensibly .... when no one is around, give the throttle a little squeeze .... try an emergency stop from 50mph ..... 70mph .... 100mph .. see what happens ... Try them in the rain ... try a little naughty back end out leaving a carpark

Then post on here how epically bad they are.

but in reality though, you might well end up driving your 200 in the same way those people that buy micros drive and going everywhere at 20 mph, and stopping at roundabouts if they are empty or not ...... which makes you wonder whats the point of having a 200x

Rides
    Doctor Pepper?

Rides
    What's the point in buying a performance car and chucking shit rubber on it? If money's that tight buy a damm micra, cause you won't be able to go anywhere quicker than one.

Rides
    Cos dem nu rimz b phat brah

If it's only for a short while it'll probably be worth it just for the lols. And if nothing else it'll let you know whether the tyre size you're going for fits properly and doesn't cause issues. So for a little cash it'll probably be quite a useful experiment.

And you'll sell them to bare drifta for twice what they cost you

Rides
    Yea if they are totally shit just stick them on the rear at santa pod and give them a good send off.

Don't need awesome rubber to have abit of fun at pod.

Rides
    Dem rimz won't be so tite wen he smashes it into a pole tho bruv

Rides
    Playing devils advocate, bad tyres by themselves don't throw people off the road. Driving like a ****er however...

Rides
    Yea but they don't help none either.

Put shit tyres on a relatively powerful car (with no driver aids) and it's gunna be a handful.
    Throw some crap weather into the mix and you'll really have to drive careful.

Rides
    There are more throttle positions available than on or off. My point was that just fitting bad tyres doesn't make your car fall off the road. Just because your car has 300hp, doesn't mean you have to try and use it all of the time.

Rides
    its amazing how many people don't use winter tires, because they can drive ok in the cold and the snow, they haveexcellent skill and awareness and you just need to be careful ..... but for some reason cant drive in the summer with budget tyres because at the speed limit of the road, its just too much of a handful for them

I mean I get it I really do .... when I got my fist 200sx it came with p6000's on it .... I was in traffic coming home from work and had to stop for a lollipop lady ... that was fine .. but trying to pull away from a stop ... whoa .... for some reason what ever I did saw me bouncing off the rev limiter in a squeal of smoke ... definitely want diesel, so must have been rubbish tires

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    There are more throttle positions available than on or off. My point was that just fitting bad tyres doesn't make your car fall off the road. Just because your car has 300hp, doesn't mean you have to try and use it all of the time.
    I know you're not suggesting otherwise but it's not just about the outright grip of a tyre though is it. It's about how the tyre behaves. Cheap tyres can totally ruin the driving experience.

The one thing that would worry me on cheap tyres is increase in stopping distance. You can't drive around emergency stops

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    its amazing how many people don't use winter tires, because they can drive ok in the cold and the snow, they haveexcellent skill and awareness and you just need to be careful ..... but for some reason cant drive in the summer with budget tyres because at the speed limit of the road, its just too much of a handful for them

I mean I get it I really do .... when I got my fist 200sx it came with p6000's on it .... I was in traffic coming home from work and had to stop for a lollipop lady ... that was fine .. but trying to pull away from a stop ... whoa .... for some reason what ever I did saw me bouncing off the rev limiter in a squeal of smoke ... definitely want diesel, so must have been rubbish tires
    It's not the losing control due to lack of grip, it's the reported tyres exploding at speed.... that's the worry

Rides
    lol Thanks guys. I ended up just putting them on the rear two wheels... I have some other tyres on the front now. They are fairly shocking, I'd give them a 3.5 out of 10... in the dry...that's putting my foot down.

they lit up like Christmas as I tried the peeling out of a carpark method... I didn't fancy giving it a go near any roundabouts though lol.

They are the sort of tyre that will cause me to walk if it starts raining as opposed to trying to drive in it.

Now I know why no silly tw@ paid £15 for them

Well... until I came along lol.

It's not a complete waste of money tbh though; the tread is around 7mm on all four, plus I have two part worns with around 4mm of tread now steering (Michelin or pirelli) Can't remember off the top of my head but they'll be fine till September.

So effectively I now how 6 tyres to spare when I buy new ones at the end of summer, plus a set of skid wheels.. I may just take my car up to pod and give it a go for once lol.

I am worried about the perishing more than anything else... it goes around almost the entire tyre.. I believe this is what will cause a blow out ... correct? I only drive 3 miles to and from work 5 days a week.. So I am hoping I will be fine.. I have no need to go on the mway.. so apart from long journeys and high speeds... I think I'll be ok considering I don't put many miles on the car.

Hopefully they won't be as bad as you've all described

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Go for it; will save you spending money on the Skid Pan, & perhaps like practising Footy with a tennis ball, you'll end up a Grip/NonGrip Ninja!

R.

Rides
    Yeah something like that