Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old guy next door moaning about my 200 - what to do?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    You have almost no chance of getting it though a cosha ticket with that exhaust, it has happened before some say but its extremely unlikely to pass without a main moggy in there.
    Come again without the slang? Haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sillys14a View Post
    I spoke to the police about the camera/mic. They said IF the camera is aimed at his car/drive and it overlooks my property then it's pot luck. But IF it wasn't aimed at his car and purely at my property then i'd have an argument.
    You need to make a point that he's using the camera to track your every movement, which is not legal.

Rides
    The lack of a cat isn't the issue here though - let's not get all holier than thou about it when we all know most on this forum won't be running a cat
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Come again without the slang? Haha
    He means the cat
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Apex in Bradford?
    Yeah, had to use some exhaust wadding to seal it completely but it's a lot better.

Rides
    Apex in Bradford?
    Yea you can also get them on eBay usually as well.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    He means the cat
    I thought so. I do have plans for change in the future but Not any time soon due to redundancy. At the end of the day the car is never gonna be as quiet as he'd like it to be and i'm not gonna be a push over just for one old prick that likes kids

Rides
    i'm not gonna be a push over just for one old prick that likes kids
    The guys a Rotherham taxi driver?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    The guys a Rotherham taxi driver?
    He used to be!!

Rides
    Sounds like a miserable old fart that has nothing better to do, I wouldn't do ANYTHING, maybe make my car louder just to piss him of some more.

Also my car is 108db but luckily my neighbours don't say anything :P

Rides
    Sounds like a miserable old fart that has nothing better to do, I wouldn't do ANYTHING, maybe make my car louder just to piss him of some more.

Also my car is 108db but luckily my neighbours don't say anything :P

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Id just tell him that:

a) the car is legal and has an MoT
    b) No-one else complains despite living just as close
    c) Im telling you this to be polite, next time you complain Im just not going to take any notice so youre better off saving your breath

Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    I'd sell the car. You've been made redundant, have little cash to spend on the car to make it quieter, so you probably haven't got a substantial amount of money kicking around at the moment for other things, plus everytime you try to enjoy the car to take your mind off everything this old bloke is having a go. I'd flog the car, buy a cheap runaround and get myself back on my feet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    I'd sell the car. You've been made redundant, have little cash to spend on the car to make it quieter, so you probably haven't got a substantial amount of money kicking around at the moment for other things, plus everytime you try to enjoy the car to take your mind off everything this old bloke is having a go. I'd flog the car, buy a cheap runaround and get myself back on my feet
    I'd never sell my car to please others, I bought the car for me to enjoy so I will. Let alone to some old turd who complains about everything.

I agree with the being made redundant bit however, but at the same time, an S14a is an investment, so I'd argue that you hold onto it as long as possible and then when you are desperate you can sell it, but know that you will sell it for less than what its worth and it will cost even more to buy another one when you do finally get enough money back.

On topic, Id get at least 2 decent mufflers welded in, and if you want the exhaust sound then just get a cut out valve put in before the mufflers.

Rides
    My point wasn't to please the old bloke, it was purely financial

Are there kids in your family his camera will be recording? If so, call the police and mention that

Rides
    Tell him to **** off and fit a straight pipe.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    The car doesn't sound that loud in all fairness. Do as docwra says or simply tell him to go away
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Have you just tried having a nice friendly chat and talk about other neighbors /any old shit that s not about you win them over then you can do what the **** you want.

My old neighbour was the same then one day i just started talking to her from that day on she was as nice as could be even got xmas card tho the side affect was she kept inviting me in and once answered the door with very few clothes when i took a parcel around and then invited me in.

Damn cougers
    Last edited by -ghost-; 08-06-2015 at 16:54.

Rides
    Failing any of that, sexual favours will normally win them over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ratgreen View Post
    I'd never sell my car to please others, I bought the car for me to enjoy so I will. Let alone to some old turd who complains about everything.

I agree with the being made redundant bit however, but at the same time, an S14a is an investment, so I'd argue that you hold onto it as long as possible and then when you are desperate you can sell it, but know that you will sell it for less than what its worth and it will cost even more to buy another one when you do finally get enough money back.

On topic, Id get at least 2 decent mufflers welded in, and if you want the exhaust sound then just get a cut out valve put in before the mufflers.
    The car is more than just a car to me. It's been my only focus to get me through all the crap i've been through, i've been without a job before and kept it so i'll be keeping it again. I'll never sell it.

I spoke to other neighbours today as i had my spare s14 shell removed today and one person in particular was upset as he thought i was getting rid of my good s14. As soon as i got back in my car to put it back on the drive, the old guy come out and began speaking to the neighbour i'd been speaking to, making gestures towards my drive/me and the neighbour shrugged and walked off ending the conversation.

As you heard in the clips it isn't that loud. I'll put the links to the clips on the OP and take more clips without so much wind lol. I will have something done about the noise when i get my final payout from work but it won't be for his benefit, it'll be for mine as i've just installed a new sound system and can't enjoy it with the exhaust. I will try the baffle/bung idea first off.

I'm still expecting shit to hit the fan in the near future as he seems very agitated