And I've still still got your old one - don't think I'll ever part with it

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    And I've still still got your old one - don't think I'll ever part with it
    Nice, I put a lot of work into that car and it's all the more worthwhile knowing someone is enjoying it Those poly bushes I put in it were great, wish I had done the same to this one
    My S13 has been dry stored for about 3 years. I kept pushing it forwards and backwards in the garage to prevent the tyres flatspotting but the time has come to make a decision.....
    One of my SX's has to go now. I've thought about it long and hard and I'm going to keep this S13 and sell my S14a. Time to move on and all that but the S13 will be my daily.

Pete
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol View Post
    Nice, I put a lot of work into that car and it's all the more worthwhile knowing someone is enjoying it Those poly bushes I put in it were great, wish I had done the same to this one
    My S13 has been dry stored for about 3 years. I kept pushing it forwards and backwards in the garage to prevent the tyres flatspotting but the time has come to make a decision.....
    One of my SX's has to go now. I've thought about it long and hard and I'm going to keep this S13 and sell my S14a. Time to move on and all that but the S13 will be my daily.

Pete
    Omg!!! Never did I think I would see the day! What sort of money would you ask for it? It's got to be in the 20s, if not 30k.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Rides

Pete
    I could well be interested, Pete.

Rides
    I'm retired now and my personal circumstances have changed significantly. I've too many cars and not enough space if the truth be known.

The S14a has been dry stored since it was refurbished and started every few months. There was one for sale recently that was lower mileage than mine at £22K. No doubt it has some rust. Mine is genuinely rust free and has never been welded. I've read stories about mint examples and low milage this and that. I've yet to see one. I was also told that Nissan Japan had a brand new one in their museum so I contacted them. Again it was BS, they don't have an S13 or S14 (Sylvia or 180) You guys know the score with this car and I'd rather it go to a good home where the owner can keep in touch and send me occasional pics. I don't need the money and I don't want the hassle of bartering over a few quid.
    I'm also realistic about what it's worth, I'm also well aware of bank interest rates and how much these cars have gone up in value.

Bit of an open ended answer without a price but I'm still thinking about it. If it's a hassle free sale, I'll be willing to take less for an easy solution.

arry I've PM'd you my no if you want to chat.

Pete

Btw, I got the S13 out of the garage today and washed it down
    Pete

Rides
    arry, inbox full. LOL. Been there done that
    Pete

Rides
    Captives in the Nissan Heritage collection.

S13 Q
    https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HER...silvia_qs.html
    S13 K
    https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HER...silvia_ks.html
    S14 JGTC GT-300 replica
    https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/silvia.html

Like unicorns can't be kept in a zoo, all the 180SX escaped to live in the wild. Seems the S15 all went over the fence as well.

Rides
    The low mileage (15k) car at £22,500 has been for sale almost a year now. It was originally £25k, but it's simply not selling and has no underside pictures.

Pete, I see no point in comparing your car to anything out there. Even by the mightiest standard of restoration, yours is still a cut above. You'll just have to pick a price that you like and see where it gets you.

For the record, I'm also interested. So if you have a price in mind, I'd love to get a PM too.

Cheers, Ryan

Rides
    arry I've PM'd you my no if you want to chat.

Pete

Btw, I got the S13 out of the garage today and washed it down
    Morning Pete. Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get back to you - I've cleared just about everything from my PM box and....still can't send you a PM I really should just renew my membership

I'm really sorry, I must confess that I completely misread your post and thought that you were putting the S13 up for sale, and in that I would be very, very interested indeed. I have fancied a 14 over recent years but more as a practical classic that can be used - and at a lower price point than you'll be looking for / afforded less care than yours would be worth. Sorry for the confusion mate Well, my confusion, and inability to read.

If Piman is interested then he'd definitely be a great buyer for it - and I hope you two can work something out

Sorry again dude.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    I really should just renew my membership
    It's only £10 a year now.

What a truly epic story this is, I've spent most of this morning reading most of it!
    Pete can you remember how much brake line you used?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Morning Pete. Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get back to you - I've cleared just about everything from my PM box and....still can't send you a PM I really should just renew my membership

I'm really sorry, I must confess that I completely misread your post and thought that you were putting the S13 up for sale, and in that I would be very, very interested indeed. I have fancied a 14 over recent years but more as a practical classic that can be used - and at a lower price point than you'll be looking for / afforded less care than yours would be worth. Sorry for the confusion mate Well, my confusion, and inability to read.

If Piman is interested then he'd definitely be a great buyer for it - and I hope you two can work something out

Sorry again dude.
    No probs mate. this thread is a bit confusing now with S13's and 14's Oh and theres a Mini in here somewhere
    I'd rather the S14 go to someone on this forum but I'm in no rush to sell it. Might be next year by the time I advertise it.

Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    It's only £10 a year now.

What a truly epic story this is, I've spent most of this morning reading most of it!
    Pete can you remember how much brake line you used?
    Thanks and I'm sorry I can't remember how much brake pipe I used. It's a bit of a pain running them across the bulkhead from the master cylinder to the abs unit though. Getting them straight was a pita.
    It's MOT time tomorrow. Should be interesting I'll get some pics up if I get chance.

Pete
    Pete

Rides
    I need a replacement NS door if anyone can help.
    I've also posted in the wanted section.

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....NS-door-wanted

Guess TPIUWP........

31K miles and this It's hit the wall at the end of the drive and no, I wasn't driving

Not having a good day!
    Pete

Rides
    awful to see this

Still got the 14a Pete?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rides
    that's a bloody shame, Pete.

I'm no use for spares for this one, I've got two spare driver side doors but no passenger side :| they've been pretty hard to get hold of in decent shape
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Thanks guys, It looks like it's been drifted into a lamp post but it was done on the wall at the end of the drive. The neighbours are having work done and their inconsiderate builders have been parking "inconsiderately" our neighbours adopted the same idea...... Long story but it seemed to start when I bought a compact motorhome. As always, everything is parked on my drive and I never inconvenience anyone by parking on the road or blocking drives. That's the top and bottom of it.

A friend of mine is on the case for a door. He found one on FB which was described as "car park dents" When it arrived it was .......... you guessed it so we are on the hunt for something that's not stoved in. it will take time but I will fix it.
    I'm retired now and we use this S13 as our daily. Have to say it gets a lot of attention, probably because it's old and featured in games. It's done about 30k miles now and love driving it.

I still have the S14a, starts first time but not used it since I restored it..... That was some time ago!
    I also still have the S2000 and the Mini.
    Mike, my son, has been doing a bit of track driving so I have his MX5 in the garage for subframe off refurbing. All bushes, brakes, rust, sills etc etc
    I'm also helping a friend do a shell up refurb on a Mini and a similar project on a MK2 Astra with a Redtop Turbo.
    Thought I'd retired!

Seems to be lots of drivers doors available but we WILL find one to restore this car. On the plus side I have loads of paint so colour match won't be a problem. It's only 2 hinge pins to fit a door but yeah I'm gutted. It's hassle I could do without.
    I'll post pics of the repair up.
    Jonny, your LED side lights are still in and working
    Thanks for your reply alan and pdh

I'll sort it
    Thanks again
    Pete

Rides
    Such a shame to see this, at least you know the repair will be top notch. Will you taking the wall down now?

Rides
    the only other thing I can suggest - can none of the Japanese auction importers bring one over in a container?

that was the source for my two drivers doors - don't ask for why I ended up with two.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    We haven't had a problem with the width of the drive in 40 years we have lived here. It's inconsiderate parking that has been a recent problem.
    That said, I've widened the drive recently.
    I have a couple of potential options but I guess it's the wrong time of year to be trying to find a door.
    Yes the repair will be top notch, I love these cars and it will get sorted.
    Thanks Alan, that's a great idea. If I don't get sorted in the UK, I'll look further afield.
    Pete