Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monaco f1 - spoilers

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Monaco f1 - spoilers

Anyone else watching? Think this move has just killed hamiltons race
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Sad for Lewis.

Otherwise normal dull Monaco race. Which still amazes me ; that all the drivers (almost) can get around 78 laps of that maze without hitting the walls or each other.
    I've raced many laps of Monaco on teh Playstation, and it remains rare to get a fast clean single lap, let alone 78 on the hoof

Rides
    It's always Lewis. Always. He has no luck at all.

Vettel on the other hand gets all of it. Nico not far behind on those stakes either

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    He's just said it was a joint discission to pit. Not good still.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yep wasn't just the teams decision. I heard his team radio when he said he had no grip at all.

As much as i would be proper pissed on the podium he needs to suck it up and not act like a spoilt kid really, his attitude really annoys me lol.

Rides
    Cant beleive they made that call. Tbh I think Lewis is being diplomatic by saying it was a joint call.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I think he's reacted pretty well tbh. Not like the Lewis of old.

Rides
    I'd be seriously pissed off and angry tbh.

Rides
    No way he made that call

Rides
    If it wasn't for Jenson getting points I'd be really pissed at another boring Monaco...

Actually, I don't care who gets upset, what's the point of a 'race' where there's no overtaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone View Post
    if it bring the price of fuel down Brown better be up a tree taking one up the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Why?

If Dignitas gave you a discount for going early... would you?

Rides
    I'm sad for Verstappen. 2 cheeky moves by staying glued to the back of Vettel. Unfortunate it was Grosjean he hit.

Rides
    I still think Grojean braked early. Spoilt the only good battle of the race. This race just reiterated again that F1 is too fast and too wide for Monaco. But that's Bernie for you.

Rides
    You say this but it's the only race that I would like to go and watch maybe Brazil too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I still think Grojean braked early. Spoilt the only good battle of the race. This race just reiterated again that F1 is too fast and too wide for Monaco. But that's Bernie for you.
    The cars were nearly 6 seconds a lap slower than they were in the early 00's.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I still think Grojean braked early.
    Lotus' data shows he braked over 5 metres later, not earlier, than the previous lap

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post

As much as i would be proper pissed on the podium he needs to suck it up and not act like a spoilt kid really, his attitude really annoys me lol.
    His attitude has been excellent Hasnt moaned, or blamed anyone and even said on the podium we win as a team and lose as a team. After leading the race everyone wants to win for 65 laps then having that taken away from you through no fault of your own and handed to your title rival is going to fooking sting

Say you worked very hard for a promotion at work and your boss said you had it in the bag, only then he says the company are giving it to the bloke sitting next to you who hasnt really put himself out much lately. Then 10mins after finding this out you have to stand in front of the whole company, congratulate your colleague and tell everyone how you feel that you didnt get it.

Now tell me Lewis has a poor attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    His attitude has been excellent Hasnt moaned, or blamed anyone and even said on the podium we win as a team and lose as a team. After leading the race everyone wants to win for 65 laps then having that taken away from you through no fault of your own and handed to your title rival is going to fooking sting

Say you worked very hard for a promotion at work and your boss said you had it in the bag, only then he says the company are giving it to the bloke sitting next to you who hasnt really put himself out much lately. Then 10mins after finding this out you have to stand in front of the whole company, congratulate your colleague and tell everyone how you feel that you didnt get it.

But the extremely slow in lap combined with a stop half way round just to sit there, smashing into the 3rd place sign and trying to walk away from the podium having to be coaxed back by FIA people went un-noticed?

I agree with what you're saying. But you haven't won anything until you cross the line at the end, we've seen this a million times before with countless other teams and drivers. And i still stand by saying Lewis has a bad attitude, he acts like he's the golden boy and acts hard done by if he is anywhere but 1st.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    But the extremely slow in lap combined with a stop half way round just to sit there, smashing into the 3rd place sign and trying to walk away from the podium having to be coaxed back by FIA people went un-noticed?

I agree with what you're saying. But you haven't won anything until you cross the line at the end, we've seen this a million times before with countless other teams and drivers. And i still stand by saying Lewis has a bad attitude, he acts like he's the golden boy and acts hard done by if he is anywhere but 1st.
    The stop on the in lap was probably to compose himself and i have seen plenty of drivers drive into the place signs when they havent won. Its not about not winning its always how you have it taken away and on this occasion it was for a completely unnecessary pitstop. I have never seen Lewis recently sulk when he has lost fair and square to the better driver on the day unlike Nico who always looks like a child with a slapped arse when he doesnt win.
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Lewis said on the lap before he came in that his tyres had gone. Nico said his were ok

Rides
    But it doesnt matter its Monaco, its near impossible to over take a back marker let alone the same car with slightly older tyres Nico also said his tyres were like driving on ice afterwards.
    Mark is right.