Thread: Handling track prep

Rides

Handling track prep

Looking on some advice on how to get my s14 handling better quite happy with the power it's at just want it to handle like she's on rails at the moment it's only on lowering springs so pretty boaty. Still want to be able to use the car on the roads though what type of coilovers would be best so it's not too harsh a ride

Thanks for any help 👍

Rides
    HSD's or BC's in 6/5 spring rates ought to do you. And some ARB's.

Rides
    Thanks man hoping to get the wide arch kit to go with my aerokit get wider tyres on it too should help a bit too

Rides
    Coilovers, full arm kit and get it aligned. Also one thing i highly recommend is a brace between the front tension rod brackets, really tightened the front of my car up especially on turn in

Rides
    Don't get bc's, will make the car harsh on the road.

If you're going to lower it a lot then remove both arb's, will improve the handling unless you fix the roll centre with some gktech or driftworks hubs or custom modify yours like I did. The roll centre fixing ball joints don't work as they don't move the pivot point.

If you don't go too low then leave the arb's on but too low and they will cause a rear wheel to lift mid corner and then you'll lose traction in the corner and exit.

Front tc brace will certainly help as will lightweight wheels

Edit: also 200s like camber so wind that up a lot, without arb's I had mine on Max camber and it kept the outer wheel flat and had bags of grip
    Last edited by Fake Ben Taylor; 22-05-2015 at 07:50.
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Thanks man �� all good to know, what's the route most people go with braking anyone?

Rides
    Just some decent super blue fluid, braided lines and sintered metal pads (pf01, carbon Lorraine etc) will do the job

If you find that wanting on track you can go for a big brake kit but the stock setup will do to begin with
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper