Thread: Exeedy hyper twin. Opinions.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Exeedy hyper twin. Opinions.

Is anyone running this clutch? How do you find it on a normal car? What's the pedal feel like? Been offered one at a fair price but concerned what it'll be like as I don't want a heavy pedal or grabby clutch.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides

Exeedy hyper twin. Opinions.

I was going to go with one when prices where more in Japan and gary@apt could do a deal. All I can say is they look pretty on the flesh

Rides
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Richie200sx; 21-05-2015 at 17:23.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I was going to go with one when prices where more in Japan and gary@apt could do a deal. All I can say is they look pretty on the flesh

If you were offered one at a fair price would you run one now? Ever driven with one?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    My mate used to have one a about 5 years back in his stroked Subaru bug eye, so not sure how relevant it will regarding our Sbodies.
    I can't remember the pedal weight, probably means it was nice and light I remember it being easy to stall, broke a couple gear boxes too. I hated the 'twin plate rattle' when in neutral. I can only imagine the agony pairing that shit with our lovely VVT sprockets

As mentioned though, it did look dam pritty

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    If you were offered one at a fair price would you run one now? Ever driven with one?
    Yeah I'd give it a go I've never used one, but seemed like a good option.

Rides
    Different car, but I've got one on my FD.

Hate it. Really heavy pedal, engagement with the non sprung centre is chattery and not very smooth, and it makes an absolute racket that's cringeingly embarrassing.

It holds power well and the light rotational weight means it revs so nicely, but its not worth the trade off for me. I'm taking it out and replacing with something nicer ASAP.

Rides
    2nd what Si said. It would be horrible in a daily! I had one in my rx7 to and thought it was great a great clutch on track, but the odd trip to the shops and that were painful, constantly getting told your cars broken because of the chatter gets boring quickly.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've ended up with a twin plate from xtremeclutch Australia as a mate was selling his new unused version for good money. Not many have used them over here but appear to have good reviews from Australia.