Thread: Energy Suspension

Rides

Energy Suspension

Just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on their Energy Suspension bushes, I am looking at the subframe, diff and steering rack bushes, seems crazy cheap incl delivery and uk import taxes. Looking at about £120 all in

Also read that the black colour ones have Graphite to add lubrication, where as the red ones don't. Shame as I liked the red ones but from over function is the way for me.

Normally I'd go via Apex for this type of thing but the price difference has made me think twice

Rides
    don't think you can go wrong with energy, me and my mate ordered the lot through mazwork a couple of years back, pretty easy to fit, no squeaking in 2 yrs, firmed up the ride nicely without shattering spines. if im not mistaken apex bushes are energy ones as they look identical, if I remember it cost us 150 ish for full gear set, diff bushes, steering rack bushes, subframe bushes. ordering through mazworks they sorted all the import etc and they got deliverd straight to the door(may not be the case now though?).

Rides
    Had a full set on my s13 and had no issues. The driftworks diff bushes looked terrible in comparison

Rides
    sounds good so think I'll go with energy then, thanks for the input guys

Rides
    Another thumbs up for energy suspension. Used them on both my s13 and 14. I have been told that the black ones have better lubrication properties than the red.

Rides
    Where are you getting these from at £120 may i ask? Im planning on doing my diff and subframe bushes very soon,

Rides
    If I remember correctly the kit does not include subframe and diff bushes. These come separate.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    If I remember correctly the kit does not include subframe and diff bushes. These come separate.
    Diff bushes never used to come with the kit

Rides
    when I ordered mine a few years back the subframe bushes were not full bushes they were inserts that fitted into the original bushes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by inliner_04 View Post
    Where are you getting these from at £120 may i ask? Im planning on doing my diff and subframe bushes very soon,
    Here you go mate http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=7.1117 the £120 is for diff, steering rack and subframe bushes delivered, and hopefully import duty too

Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    when I ordered mine a few years back the subframe bushes were not full bushes they were inserts that fitted into the original bushes.
    Oh really? I'd heard that you need to leave the metal sleeves in place is that what you mean or do you mean leaving in some rubber too?

Rides
    When we did ours. We had to remove all old bush and some metal. It comes with instructions on what to remove.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxstu View Post
    When we did ours. We had to remove all old bush and some metal. It comes with instructions on what to remove.
    Cool thats sound fair enough then, cheers.