Thread: 200SX S14 Remote Live Issue?

Rides

200SX S14 Remote Live Issue?

So... Fitted a sub/amp for lol's.

The blue/white cable is what I understand to be remote so I spliced into it and T'd it off to the amp, it provides 2.3 volts but fluctuates between 1~5 volts as music plays.

It doesn't seem to do anything so I've plugged the remote cable into the red/live on the stereo so basically as long as the car ignition is on the amp becomes powered.

Ideally I want it setup properly...

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Last edited by silverzx; 14-05-2015 at 11:35.

Rides
    Run the signal / remote wire from out the back of the radio to the amp and use block connectors as a minimum

Run earth cable back to source to avoid ground loop feedback 1mrt to the chassis is not best practice

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    Run the signal wire from out the back of the radio to the amp and use block connectors as a minimum

Run earth cable back to source to avoid ground loop feedback 1mrt to the chassis is not best practice
    Don't worry about my lack of block connectors..

This doesn't help me..

Rides
    I cant help any further.

Rides
    Been a while since I've messed around with sub/ amps, but surely running it on a constant live only is going to flatten your battery pretty quick... hence using an ignition live (which only comes on with ignition).

Sorry not sure of the colour wire but they'll be an ignition wire in there which goes to the radio, failing that hook it up to the cig lighter.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Been a while since I've messed around with sub/ amps, but surely running it on a constant live only is going to flatten your battery pretty quick... hence using an ignition live (which only comes on with ignition).

Sorry not sure of the colour wire but they'll be an ignition wire in there which goes to the radio, failing that hook it up to the cig lighter.
    It is hooked up to ignition live at the moment Dave.

This is different from remote live though which only sends power when the stereo is powered on?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    It is hooked up to ignition live at the moment Dave.

This is different from remote live though which only sends power when the stereo is powered on?
    Ah right gotcha

On the back of my stereo, I've got a singular wire labelled with remote on the back of my stereo... Sorry I can't be anymore help!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Ah right gotcha

On the back of my stereo, I've got a singular wire labelled with remote on the back of my stereo... Sorry I can't be anymore help!
    All right mate, no worries.

GDUK JAP PARTS
    Rides
    Try the plain blue wire,if that's a Sony headunit then the blue and white is only live when the radio is on and drops out when you select a different source, if this behaves the same or is dead then its a headunit fault

Jim