Thread: Appraisal needed for my S13 please.

Rides

Appraisal needed for my S13 please.

Hey guys, looking to sell up my S13 project as a 14a has come up with my name on it! Very reluctant sale!

Auto 1993 200SX S13 80k on the clocks and almost full service history. Registration is L111DOB already appraised at £650 from Reg Transfers last time I checked.

Car came to me bog standard requiring some welding on from cross member which has been completed. (only welding required is a small patch (about 50p size near rear sub frame mount)

I have most of the manual conversion to go with the car (pedals, clutch slave, prop, flywheel etc) minus box and spigot bearing.

Over all its a very clean example and would love this to go to a home to finish her off.. working 50+ hours a week and no garage, I see this a waste of a potentially mint S13.

CA engine runs flawlessly with brand new cam-belt kit and aux belt kit, fresh oil and plugs etc.

Some of the upgrades I have to sell with the car are:

New full Toyo FMIC setup.

Garrett T28 with new Toyo elbow and new Apex braided lines.

Full 3" stainless turbo back exhaust.

New Turbosmart boost controller.

New Apexi Boost gauge

New Apexi Oil temp gauge with sender and sandwich plate.

BN Sports rear bumper.

Too much to list. But was really after a guide price for the car as it is to put up for sale.

Thanks in advance and appreciate and help and guidance.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwhy View Post
    ....some welding on from cross member which has been completed.
    That looks like a really really nice job. Any chance you feel like doing mine some day....

Quote Originally Posted by adamwhy View Post
    ...only welding required is a small patch (about 50p size near rear sub frame mount)
    That's a really big "only" as any rust round or near the rear subframe mounts is a potential write off problem if a mount stud is compromised. A real pain in the arse to get to with a welder and if there is rust on the surface it usually means a very very great deal more rust inside the (very complicated) box sections above into which the subframe stud is located.

Otherwise, with that fixed and a decent front nose and arse refitted it's a nice looking clean car. Except for the "stop me please" 'zorst and a couple of grand's worth of respray needed......

Not sure what it is genuinely worth. Suspect the need for paint is the biggest downer on sale. Any buyer, unless in the biz, is going to have to take that into account. Lots of similar spec cars asking £3 - £3.5K on here and fleabay but I am pretty sceptical about whether any of them actually sell for that sort of price. Especially the cars advertised as never drifted or raced by guys with nicknames like MaxBoostFootToTheFloorSidewaysMadMan..... "One quiet little old lady owner...." Riiiiiiight

PS. Not taking the Reg No into account btw. If you can sell it for that then suggest you go and grab it.
    Last edited by Rochester; 11-05-2015 at 11:18.

Rides
    I know someone who might be interested. But this needs work. I bet theres alot of welding really needed. If you got a screwdriver and looked for it, your definately find it.

I'll link him this, he might be interested.

Rides
    Thanks Rochester for that! What would you say would be a fair price to list it at?

Quote Originally Posted by zeldoz View Post
    I know someone who might be interested. But this needs work. I bet theres alot of welding really needed. If you got a screwdriver and looked for it, your definately find it.

I'll link him this, he might be interested.
    Really doesnt require 'alot' of welding. Areas around subframe etc are solid and have been checked already.

Rides
    I really wouldn't want to venture a guess, it really does depend on how good or bad the rust is inside the box sections above the subframe, which you can't assess or estimate from the outside.

Sad to say it's probably worth more breaking it. That seems to be the logic behind a great many dead S13's breaking over the last few years.

PS. If you do break her then first dibs on the carpet.... [/insert vulture circling gif]

PPS. If I had to venture a guess I'd suggest £2K would be a good price as she stands with nose and rear bumper refitted, £2.5 if you were to fit the other good bits on the shelf... Keep an eye on ebay sales for a couple of weeks and note what prices are actually achieved (as opposed to reserve not met / withdrawn from sale auctions)
    Last edited by Rochester; 11-05-2015 at 18:58.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    I really wouldn't want to venture a guess, it really does depend on how good or bad the rust is inside the box sections above the subframe, which you can't assess or estimate from the outside.

Sad to say it's probably worth more breaking it. That seems to be the logic behind a great many dead S13's breaking over the last few years.

PS. If you do break her then first dibs on the carpet.... [/insert vulture circling gif]

PPS. If I had to venture a guess I'd suggest £2K would be a good price as she stands with nose and rear bumper refitted, £2.5 if you were to fit the other good bits on the shelf... Keep an eye on ebay sales for a couple of weeks and note what prices are actually achieved (as opposed to reserve not met / withdrawn from sale auctions)
    Thanks for that dude!

I think I'll list it as it is for 2k and see what I get offered.

Thank you

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    I'd put it all together and stick it up for £2.5k, but be prepared to take less. Can't see how you'll make that much breaking it.