Thread: Z33 front brakes to s14a small tutorial

Rides

Z33 front brakes to s14a small tutorial

Oko so when I got mine brakes, I first started to look what I need to fit them, and didnt find the full correct info. I tought I needed new brake lines, as someone wrote that, but when I looked at it, they are the same.

So first you need to take your brakes off. You take the wheel off, remove the brake line from the caliper, and unbolt the 2 screws holding the caliper. Then you take of the caliper, brake disk and hub.
    Next you will take 14mm drill to make the holes bigger, as z33 brembo uses 14mm screw.

After drilling you need to cut the metal that protects the disk, so you can fit bigger discs.

You will need to find new bolts for your calipers. I didnt get them with my calipers, but as I read before, stock z33 bolts needed to be threaded some more so you can tighten them. If you dont have them, I found some bolts from VAG that are used on their driveshafts.

Next you need to clean the hubs front, fit them back on, and put the new brake discs on. You need to clean the hubs from rust and dirt so the discs can fit good.

Next you put the new calipers with new bolts, and connect the brake line. My lines were the same on s14 and z33 calipers, so they are stock s14a lines. It would be good if someone can confirm if the UK lines are the same as on EU models.
    Then you can fit new brake pads, apply the greese you get with them as instructions says.
    After that you need to bleed you brake system. You need to people, one to sit in the car and pump the peddal, and the other to bleed the valves. If you are not sure about this, give it to a professional.

That should be it. I tought it would be more work as I tought I would need to go make new brake lines, but it ended up fast and easy. Great brake upgrade I would say.

After bed in.

I got my calipers sand blasted and painted black, with gold nissan logo. And bought new EBC GD brake discs and yellow stuff pads. Hope it helps someone.

Rides
    Nice to see members being helpful to others,

Rides
    Good tip! Sticky this?

Rides
    Are you sure the VAG driveshaft bolts are up to the job? Most of the brake people supply 12.9 grade bolts i.e high tensile

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good write up why did you remove the hub?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I dont remember if the bolts are 10.9 or 12.9 but I am sure they are more than enough.
    I removed the hub just to have more space for drilling. Both hubs are new so they are easy to remove.