Thread: S15 Boost Curve Question

Rides

S15 Boost Curve Question

Question: How does the boost curve behave on a standard S15 sr20det?

Details: I currently have a 98 S14a SR20DET running with S15 Injectors and ECU. After lots of wiring diagram comparisons, I only had to swap 2 pins at the ECU connector for the wastegate solenoid and VTC solenoid. Setup is using S14 ignition system. The wiring is correct because the component inspection procedure in the FSM checks out as good. There are also no codes in the ECU via Consult connection.

The last piece of the puzzle is wastegate valve control solenoid behavior. With the S14 ECU, boost would quickly build when I floor it and hold around 11-12 lbs (~600 mmHg per my Kouki gauge pod). With the S15 ECU, boost is only around 7 lbs (400 mmHG) until around 5800 RPM, then it builds up to 11-12 lbs until redline. So I'm only getting high boost at the top end. Is this the default behavior of an S15, or is there a difference in S14a/S15 wastegate solenoids that I've missed?
    Last edited by lost; 08-05-2015 at 15:01.

Rides
    7psi is spring pressure. Should be a touch more than that with the stock solenoid working. Mine has aismilar behaviour with the boost controller off, 7psi and creeps up at the top end because of the 3" turbo-back on it.
    Your wiring probably is not correct, but forget that crap anyway and get yourself a controller.