Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    We gonna have a bigger japfest convoy this time

Rides
    So not to much has happend as i have paid my insurance so thats battered me for cash this month.

Got a quote for paint, ouch its gunna hurt my bank account and i need to do a lot of saving! but i have a rough idea for exterior paint and engine bay paint!

photo DSC_0405_zpsxocfoxzq.jpg

my oil cap made a bid for freedom one day as i got home and pulled onto the driveway, it made a hell of a mess but no damage was caused! im still wiping oil form the bay weeks after!

photo DSC_0406_zpsrirrsyyf.jpg

photo DSC_0407_zpsmzkdlk9q.jpg

brought some clear side markers for the bumper of hamish the other week, need to sort teh wiring out and get them fitted as well as attempt to repaint the front bumper again.

photo IMG-20160208-WA0000_zpsrho7fnyv.jpg

brought this wicked tee from Australia, love it

photo IMG_20160208_193054_zpskrg5x58r.jpg

And lastly placed a deposit with BLAKTOOTH and his BGW is coming my way when i get paid! aboyt time i brought one i have been on about it for ages.

photo 4F95549D-EA8B-4A11-9B1C-00F5597F89F7_zps6ajsqzcd.png

Rides
    Couple of Deliveries hopefully arriving in the next week or so! should give the car a nice update, and get some of you boys back on side with the look of the motor! getting everything i need before saving hard for paint!

Rides
    ****ing love that wing mate

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ta ry! It's gunna be different for sure! Nobody round us has one so gunna be different!

Just fitted some new spark plugs and the misfire under load has gone! Nice easy fix!

And had a bet with the guys at work saying the car couldn't look any more shit, hah I'm gunna show them 😝

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Have a quick look on my thread buddy... Got some photos up of the issue I had with my starter motor engaging whilst the engine was running.

Rides
    So the purchase of another kouki front end fell through in the end, shame but no bother i can find another soon enough.

next up i started of with just cleaning the car a little and ended up taking most of the interior out trying to find a water leak, still made not allot of progress but i think its coming from behind the dash so that has to come out i guess.

next up my new drivers seat arrived from GSM sports seats, great guys there and kept me up to date with everything going on with the delivery. fixed back corbeau club sport seat and its lovely. but this sat in my room for a month while i got hold of a rail for it, more on that polava in a bit.

then went on a bit of a drive to pick up the wing from BLACKTOOTH, bit of a drive and the weather wasn't great, when it started snowing i got a bit nervous but got there and back safely with the wing, and i goth there and back on one tank, just over 300 miles so that like 30mpg! result i wish i could get that every week.

installed water temp gauge and new boost gauge, pretty easy didn't take to long.

Next up i decided again to try to fix the electric windows and spent a while checking everything out and in the end it was the wire in the arch loom again, wire was corroded so that was cut and replaced, realy need to get the whole loom moved into the car ASAP.

After this was all fixed pointz came over and we went for a little drive to the sea side! Got some pics which turned out quite well, rich's sileighty makes me very jealous whenever I see it!

Got the attention of the cctv operator to and he lit up the cars lovely

Then following weekend I had pointz old front tyres off him as he was getting some nice sticky track tyres fir the track day, mine were on the tread markers so was just good timing, we all met at his and had a tyre swapping afternoon!

Squad goals???

Oh and of course before the tyre change we headed to some private land to finish off the tyres before replacing them. Burnouts are slightly addictive

Now also I am putting of saving for paint for a bit as I am going to need to have some more welding done to the car, frame rails front and back passenger side and back drivers side rail have been crushed along with possibly both front sills, oh joy.

But better to catch it now rather than leave it and let the cancer take hold any more I guess

Last edited by mathew8717; 21-03-2016 at 22:27.

Rides
    Why do you get jealous lol that last burnout pic under my bridge is awesome
    Last edited by pointz; 22-03-2016 at 12:00.

Rides
    Cos yours is so mint dude aha

Rides
    So a bit of an update on this, its been a while.

My new seat arrived from GSM sport seats after a 3 month wait but I was happy that I had it now! they come with a rail but its a universal thing and was ok but decided that its easier to just get a driftworks rail instead, less faffing around and should bolt right into the car? Yeh that didn't happen I had to cut the rail to shit to get it even slightly close to fitting, cut out all sorts of bits and changed stuff and welded back together but got there in the end and it goes in, i think it was because it was the wider fat boy seat that caused the issue and in needing to get the seat low enough to where it was comfortable in the car. its a lovely seat though and super nice to sit in.

Anyone thats seen a driftworks rail will see the modifications made!

Then not really allot happened if im honest, just fitted the rest of my vitals gauges so now have oil temp, pressure and water temp. also picked up a wideband to so that’s got to be fitted, fitted a cheap old double din radio that I prefer massively to a single, I want a proper one on in the future but for now this will do. the rest was just doing some events and things, did a dyno day, japfest and the track say although I didn't drive, just watched and got passenger rides, best thing ever was Ryan’s 550bhp RB s15, its and animal I was seriously impressed

Oh the dyno day was a complete flop, got the car to this one after I missed the last two, got the car on the dyno and it was misfiring massively and over boosting to 1.5 bar! they didn't give me time to adjust it to bring the boost down and just took off the MBC and ran actuator pressure of like 0.2 bar, it made 179 at the wheels lol! got home and boost issue sorted its running spot on no misfire or anything.

Then this weekend it dropped a clanger on me, driving along no hooning or anything, changed down for a corner and no drive at all, no noises or anything just no go. Seemed to be going into gear fine, speedo was registering speed but the prop wasn’t spinning. Dad came and towed me home and we stripped some bits off to see if we could find the issue,

Got the prop off and boom, That might cause a bit of an issue. New gearbox time it is then.

This should still be in the gearbox

Was time to get the box out of the car and source a replacement one ASAP

Went off to pick up a new CA18 box the other night, apparently there the same box bar the bell housing so that’s going to be swapped over and put back into the car.

I have been needing to get the turbo gaskets done for a while now as some of the bolts are loose and one was missing completely so while the box is off I might as well do all that as its easier.

I have got genuine Nissan gaskets coming to replace them. Part numbers for all gaskets for future reference.

-Block/Mani – 10436-75M00
    -Mani/Turbo – 14415-17M00
    -Turbo/Elbow – 14445-79E00
    -Lock tabs are discontinued from Nissan but conceptua sell them and they seem good - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenjutsu-M...item1a0c7c855b

Also got the new wrack bushes in while i was under there

The plan was to not take the mani off and not have to do that gasket but even with the box out that one bolt at the back is still virtually inaccessible so ordered a block/mani one that should be here tomorrow.

Gotta get all that changed over, box back in and all that before the weekend as its japday at combe and iv paid and don’t want to have to get a lift down.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 13-05-2016 at 10:52.

Rides
    Turbo was taken off the other night, new gasket fitted and bolted back together and back on the car loose as I didn't have the block/mani gasket as of then, bolted yhe Elbow/downpipe back in and then hit a problem, I new there was a bolt missing and just presumed that I could just thread a new one in, until I realised that there was atchiily a snapped stud in there about 3mm into the hole. I was so pissed off that I didn't spot it I gave up for that evening, it was 11pm after all and doing it by torch light was horrible.

That meant next day was turbo back out again, luckily tho we attempted to get the mani/Turbo/Elbow/downpipe off in one piece and it worked! That made it so much easier, just had to take of the abs heat shield and move the oem boost solenoid out the way, need to ditch that and the abs!

Out of the car and on the bench we separated it again and set about the stud, that thing was solid, two hours it took to get the stud fixed, fist drilled ot and tried and easy out tool, blunted all the easy out tools we had so there in the bin, eventually got it drilled put and tapped again but it was so solid to took for ever to do.

Once that was sorted all bolted up in one piece, and back into the car with the block/mani gasket that arrived and its all in ready for the gearbox tonight!

Last edited by mathew8717; 13-05-2016 at 11:06.

Rides
    Sorry to hear about the box mate. Sucks.

Good on ya for cracking on with it and sticking to it though!

Mine will be going up for sale in the next two months.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the box mate. Sucks.

Good on ya for cracking on with it and sticking to it though!

Mine will be going up for sale in the next two months.

I dont approve of this ry!

storage for a phew years not an option? or is it uni funds?

Rides
    So Yeh after the gearbox fiasco we got it all done and compleated at midnight the day before japday, 4 hours sleep and I made it which I was super happy about the hard work paid off!

Now on to this week. this week I have booked off to underseal the rear end of the car! I decided while i was at it I would invest in some new parts so a few clicks on driftworks and I had new front and rear hardrace ARB's, hardrace engine mounts and new rose joints! Perfect little rear end refurb.

I then decided that I should replace all of the bushes on the rear end to, I was fed up of solid subframe and diff bushes so new poly ones were ordered as well and lower arm and all hub bushes to! Tho this went wrong and has caused me a massive ball ache but more on that in a bit,

Over the week I have also brought new rear disks and pads, new rear wheel studs, wheel nuts and some other smaller bits to so teb whole rear end is getting an overhaul, should transform the car feel I hope

So first job was to get the car stripped down, car in the air, gazebo up, subframe out, fuel tank out and other lille bits to so I could get access to everything under there I needed to. Did the first bit in the rain which wasn't fun.

As you can see the old CA18 bell housing coming to good use there as a gazebo weight!

Next bit was to start to grind away any old underseal, locate any surface rust or any other patches of rust I could find.

Got very lucky and above the tank was very good, only slight surface rust and that's it, it's all solid which was a massive relief. Got it all sanded back and prepped.

Once it was all sanded and prepped I got the krust out and got that all over any rusty areas at all and let it work it's magic. Didn't get any pics as I was absolutely covered in the stuff and didn't want to touch my phone, I looked like I was getting ready for a Jackson 5 tribute ahahha

Also I had to clean all the arms so I put the dishwasher to good use

I have now had a massive issue with the bushes that I ordered, well not the bushes themselves the delivery. Turns out my package has been tampered with in transit to me so half of what I ordered has been nicked by some scumbag twat at the delivery company and instead I had a load of nuts and bolts in the box instead of my bushes.

I also don't understand why the person nicked half of them, I have enough to do all of one hub and all but one of the lower arm and that's it. The plan to get the car back on yhe Road for Sunday so it can go into the garage om Sunday for more welding on the chassis rail and mow I dunno if im gunna get there.

Trying to get the replacement bushes out to me overnight to see if I can get it ready but I'm not sure myself.

But on other good news the car is now undersealed and looks great, applied with a compressor and gun borrowed from pointz! 👌it went on real easy with that and made the job allot better to do!

Will get some pictures tomorrow of the underseal as its drying overnight now!

Last edited by mathew8717; 25-05-2016 at 22:10.

Rides
    Im impressed mat shame you cant get norberts dad to give you a loan for a respray now.

Look forward to the finished pics.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Top work mate, still have mucho respect for you for making it to Japday
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Top work mate, still have mucho respect for you for making it to Japday
    Cheers Chris! The car was by far the worst looking one there ahha I didn't even get chance to clean off the oil or anything that was all over the car, bit I made it so that's what i wanted. hope I didn't let the stand down to much ahah

Last edited by mathew8717; 28-05-2016 at 09:01.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Im impressed mat shame you cant get norberts dad to give you a loan for a respray now.

Look forward to the finished pics.
    Yeh mate I know, u had a good nosey at the underseal at the bbq the other night and all looked good!

And I doubt he would do that ahha need to get me a unit to rent so I can strip the car, make a roll over jig and get it all undersealed to the front after the rust repairs, then get it painted!

Rides
    So Yeh the underseal is now applied on the back and I have to say it looks damm good atchiily I am quite impressed since I have never done it before.

Next up i whipped the manifold off again as the top oil feed on the turbo was leaking oil, dont know how it came loose but I got the banjo off, replaced the copper o rings and got it all back together, I also replaced all the manifold nuts with new locking ones from conceptua to stop any of those coming loose to.

I have to say conceptua were amazing this week, quick phone calls to them and they can get parts out for me next day! Super great guys there and would recommend them to anyone there spot on!

So next job was to get the fuel tank back in, shouldn't be hard no issues until I discovered that one of the fuel lines under the car was split, probably been leaking fuel for a while by the looks of it, so that meant a trip to the parts store again, I decided to replace all the fuel lines front to back under the car while i was under there and the tank was out got two lines run and allong the rail so that should stop any leaks I had.

Just note the rear frame rail has not had the fuel line attached properly yet as it all getting cut out and replaced next week so that will be tidied up then.

I still haven't had the bushes I ordered arrive after the whole incident with dpd so looks like I'm gunna have to loosely assemble it all with the old solid bushes and then have to just put the bolts through the hub and then have it trailed to the workshop which is like a mile from mine so not to bad I guess, just a pain as its gotta go back together then get taken appart again.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looking good
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue