Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Better add engine mounts to your list as well bud! Have fun bedding the clutch in

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_je94 View Post
    Good stuff mate. coming together now gradually. Just get your over fenders painted and perhaps space the rear wheels out some more and it will start to take form
    yep mike that's the plan, going to buy some bigger spacers to fill these arches until i can afford man spec wheels, wonder if 12j would fit haha and im gunna leave the fenders till its all painted, not gunna get it painted twice. i am going to start saving for the paint soon as i have finished my apprenticeship and the money goes up!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Better add engine mounts to your list as well bud! Have fun bedding the clutch in
    and yep mate will buy some of them, looking at the apex ones i think.

Rides
    I'm running the solid Nismo engine mounts in mine and they're pretty stiff! But if you'd like some comfy ones I'd use the Apex ones like you say or the Hardrace ones.

Yeah I reckon some 12J's would fit under them.

Suppose you're right about the paint yeah may aswell do it all in one.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post

Next up was the Dorset and hants Xmas meet for food and go karting! Was a great laugh and had an amazing turnout! The convoy from Portsmouth to go karting was the best fun ever!!

Couple of pics of us all parked up, defo grabbed attention wherever we went!
    Attention grabbing as it should be

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rides
    I really want some of the gold Cosmis XT-206R Wheels like on that red/white and black s14 closest to the camera, after seeing that photo ^

Rides
    So do I ahahha, or I did, everyone local to me is getting them now! Tho danniboi (the 14 in the pic) might sell them so u never know!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    Attention grabbing as it should be

And Yeh ste it was such a laugh to! Literally everyone staring as we went past! That many loud s- bodies sure does the trick!

We even met a guy in a 14 we had never met before, he just happened to be driving and we all flew past so he joined in the convoy! At the speed limit obviously! 😁 did some SXOC promotion to when we all parked up! Tho we need some SXOC flyers or something to give out if we see a fellow chassis on our travels! Hint hint! 😀😀

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    PM Docwra for flyers mate. They are in the van at his

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant teSte View Post
    PM Docwra for flyers mate. They are in the van at his

I'm still waiting on flyers 4 months later lol they were being sent to me and not heard anything since!

Rides
    OK so some pics of the clutch fitting process first of all, thanks to pointz for the help fitting it went super well!

old clutch ready to come off

new clutch on

first wash of the new year

seats out to do the carpet and everything as it was disgusting

changed the exhaust on my old car which is now my brothers car!

then problem, driving home from work the oil pressure light comes on, limp home and top up with oil and the light cleared, thought that fixed it but no went for a drive and it came on again.

so next day after some research it was get the car in teh air to look for the issue. its a daily so it has to be fixed asap.

as i am at work it had to be done at night so out in the freezing cold i was all night

ended up getting the wing off and found tht teh smaller of the two looms had been rubbed through, half the wires are broke and the rest all rubbed through and touching. could be the reason that the light is in if the wire to the sensor is shorting out. also explains why my electric windows stopped two nights ago to

so need to repair the loom and relocate it to somewhere more out of the way!

bonnet release cable is also shagged so need to swap that out to

this the oil pressure sensor?

as she sits on the drive right now awaiting work at the weekend.

Last edited by mathew8717; 20-01-2016 at 17:04.

Rides
    If you need to double confirm or get at the standard oil pressure switch. I had to once.

I read this and was very helpful

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ressure-switch

Rides
    So had a car day today! Tis was a good day.

Had to once and for all see if the oil pressure issue was atchiily a fault with oil/oil pump/pickup in the sump ect!

I got paid so I could afford to get some parts, one day later my mishimoto sandwich plate and oil pressure gauge arrived!

The sandwich plate was quite expensive but it seems well worth the money, the build quality is spot on and fits like a dream! Glad I brought it and the lifetime warranty is a bonus! I definitely want some more mishimoto stuff now!

So the fitting, went well atchiily, once I got my head arround the wiring and what had to be soldered to where it was kinda easy!

While the car was in bits I decided to try to tidy some of the wiring mess that is behind there, it's a nightmare and needs to be completely ripped out and re done at some point but not this weekend.

Got the gauge all wired in and in its temporary position until I can make the gauge holder up.

And the oil pressure looks good, that was cold start at idle and seems good. Need to go for a drive see if anything drops off or anything but I think it's gunna be fine.

Lastly got some new unit interior pieces the other night so it's looking factoy fresh inside, got an ash tray and everything. It looks a million times better, the broken gizzmo is gone and the boost gauge is in a temporary position until I get my pillar posted and new boost gauge fitted!

One issue is that the electric windows have stopped working and the doors now don't both lock on the key which is odd, locking the drivers door used to lock both does but not now, maybe that and the window are linked!??

Also the laquer peel on the boot has gotten worse, it's coming off in sheets!!

Hopefully getting a quote for the respray so I know how much I need to save up!

Last edited by mathew8717; 30-01-2016 at 20:05.

Rides
    Good work dude that lacquer peel tho you never replied to my msg lol!
    You going to come get a quote from Dan on saturday mate?

Rides
    What message bud!??? And yep will pop down if that's cool!?? See if we could do a compression test to!?

Rides
    Pop round whenever bud can do comp test any time!

The message about your oil pressure.

Rides
    On fb!? If so I haven't driven it up to temp to see what the pressure does when its warm, and cool will sort something next weekend!

Rides
    Something weird happened to my csr the other day too dude... My oil light flashed on.
    Then my starter motor engaged whilst I was ****ing driving!!!! Shit me up! I think its an electrical fault / the loom in the wheel arch. I should really have a car day and take the front wheel off and check the loom then maybe relocate it if necessary ... I've heard it's a pita and time.consuming job!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Is it OK now ry? Or still the issue!???

And I know what u mean about the loom move, I wanna do it but sounds like a right faff, u can run it in the bay apparently but I wanna tidy the wires on the bay not have more in there so dunno what to do

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    Is it OK now ry? Or still the issue!???

And I know what u mean about the loom move, I wanna do it but sounds like a right faff, u can run it in the bay apparently but I wanna tidy the wires on the bay not have more in there so dunno what to do

Yeah bud its fine.. I topped it up with some oil.. Hasn't done it since.. I do wanna check that loom asap though as it's going to my Bodyshop in a few days for a holiday haha.

Glad yours is coming along mate! Gotta turn it up at Japfest!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk