Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
    Mate you have me all excited regarding that comment about cf.. Explain

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    So some things have happened recently to the car and its progressing as it should.

First was a local jap car meet at Simply Japanese at the beaulie motor museum, what an awesome day that was on the SXOC stand. We were in the arena to right in the middle which was amazing!

Some pics curtesy or Pointz

When I left there it was straight into a drive up to college in Bedford, got a little lost on the way, ran into Overnutter on a slip road after speaking to him all day at simply jap and just followed him, got us most of the way to Milton Keynes then it was easy from there.

Then I picked up a rear Bumper while I was away at college in Bedford from Overnutter again, (you can have the kouki on when the other one is repaired! ) the main issue with picking it up was the fact that I had to get the kouki one home with me, a friend and two suitcases. So out came the cable ties and some bolts to get the new bumper on and the kouki in the car. Our journey home was a little like this. Wouldn’t have wanted to be my mate squashed up into the back :/

The new bumper on for the drive home

Then I got home that night to find more parts had been delivered while I was away! Cheers Mr postman! Didn’t get any pics tho as I was tired! It was my new exhaust back box and boot carpet so it can sorta look like a car now!

Took the new bumper straight off and put the kouki back on so that the new one could be repaired, my mates dad worked for Sunseeker for over 40 years so he is kinda handy with fibreglass. He will be repairing the repairs that have been done by someone else, it will all be reinforces and re built wherever it has damage or cracks so I am waiting on him to do that now.

The weekend came and set about fitting the exhaust, it took a bit of cutting, grinding and welding but its now fitted and looks good but is sitting a low at the moment so that when the new bumper goes on it will be adjusted again to fit just so.

Also a crap picture of the boot carpet, it looks like a boot with carpet in it, you get the idea on that one.

Then the next week came around and my 30mm bolt on spacers arrived ant home and I also ordered some oil and an oil filter for a service so that was all done this weekend. Used my Opie oils voucher that I won from a generic drifters comp so that saved me some £££££. Service from them was amazing, ordered at lunchtime one day and it turned up before lunch the next day, I was well chuffed.

Then the next day I went on over to Pointz place to do a pressure test on the boost pipework to see if I had a boost leak as I have been having issues with the car not getting to max boost, stops at between 9-10psi even though its set to 17psi. did the test and found what we thought was the issue, god knows how long its been like that. Cheers for the help with that rich!

So swapped in a new piece of silicone and went for a test to see if that would solve the not boosting right issue, it didn’t. still only getting 10psi. going to get someone to set up my gizzmo again as its confusing me see if that has any affect.
    After that we had a little local bub meet, was a good laugh.

Then on the way home stopped in by the local supercar dealership to have a nosey around and ogle through the glass, they had an enzo in the main showroom, had a look round the back and they has a LaFerrari hiding in their detailing shop. Nice

I keep saying to myself that I need to save money but car parts are life.

Also random pic that a mate took a month or so ago, he kept that quiet for a while.

Last edited by mathew8717; 18-08-2015 at 11:08.

Rides
    and Ry keep an eye out on the group buy section mate, something in planning for some lovely carbon
    Last edited by mathew8717; 18-08-2015 at 11:13.

Rides
    Making nice progress, especially on the subframe

Any plans power/engine wise planned for the future?

EDIT:

What you doing with the Kouki rear bumper? You selling it?

Rides
    cheers mate, yeh i love the look of the subframe and it all goes together, will be getting more done the same color to.

as for power i will eventually go for more power and i would love to do a top mount setup. target for this one would be 400-450bhp eventually, that's a long way off yet though. i also want to start saving to import a PS13 towards the end of next year to have as a track car,caged, one seat RB swap. you get the idea. as well as moving out and getting my own place etc ahahah but PS first, i have priorities!!!

and the kouki is already sold to overnutter, he will be getting it when my one that i got off him is repaired.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 19-08-2015 at 12:30.

Rides
    Sounds good man I'll keep a eye on your thread then

Well best of luck with the future PS13 project!

And damn, I would of had that kouki bumper off you, but nevermind, will have to keep prowling the interweb before I find another one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    and Ry keep an eye out on the group buy section mate, something in planning for some lovely carbon
    I'm excited mate.

Very

Excited

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Any updates pal?

Rides
    no real progress at the moment mate im afraid, only real thing i have done is put the shotguns back on as i missed the loud pops and bangs!!!!! just collecting parts at the moment, have the rear bumper in my garden, side skirts, new lower arms ready for refurbishing and a new set of strut braces all in my room, a head lining and rear parcel shelf being dropped off t the weekend (cheers Ste) and all sorts of odd bits around.

Rides
    Them shotguns sounded the tits when they were on my mates car when he had it. I did actually wanna buy them off him to put on mine but he sold it before I could do that ha.

And fair enough man sounds good!

Also I was going to ask. How have you been finding driving with the solid subframe bushes? Because I'm going to be rebushing my subframe soon and not sure on whether to use poly bushes or solid bushes.

And another thing. When you was undoing the subframe did you have any real issues with any of the original bolts not coming undone or being quite rusted and being proper stubborn to get undone?

Rides
    cheers mate and i agree they sound so good!

for the subframe - solid mount the diff ones but i will be changing the solid subframe ones for poly bushes soon, it gets real old real fast for a daily, for skids i would solid, for general road then poly.

and no not any real issues with getting the subframe off, we dropped everything out in one go so just undo the prop and drive shafts, the boomerang mounts then the x4 subframe ones and lower it out, was more off a ball ache to get it back in!

also i have been looking into my boost issue and found an old thread of your mates on driftworks saying that the gizzmo ibc was fooked, did he ever get it sorted/replace the gizzmo as mentioned in the post? i wanna no if i just need to buy a new boost controller instead of faffing with a broken one!

Rides
    I'll use solid diff mounts as that's about all you can get for diff bushes in the UK as far as I know. I'm only using mine for road, no skids. So maybe I'll use poly bushes. Cheers for input mate

And as far as I'm aware mate when my friend had it he had no issues. Maybe the kid you bought it from directly maybe fiddled around with it and caused it to have some issues?

I can ask my mate who had it, if he did. But I'm sure it was alright and boosting good when i went out in it with him.
    Last edited by mike_je94; 29-10-2015 at 18:27.

Rides
    Well I just got some news from Ollie/my mate who had the car.

When he had we noticed the turbo had blown itself open where someone fiddled with the turbo before him, apart from that he never had no issues.. But the kid who bought it off him we think changed the turbo over to another t28. And when ollie had it, it had a hks adjustable actuator on it. I'd check to see if that's still on there and see what that's set at and see if that maybe playing any issues up.

imo I'd get an apexi avcr or a profec b spec 2 just had Jez at H dev set up my Apex'i AVCR when it was getting mapped and it holds rock steady boost.

Rides
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/engi...pped-13-a.html

i fount this and was wondering if the last couple of posts pointed to the issue? and if it was ever solved?

and for now i have brought a manual boost controller so will get that set up and use the gizzmo as a glorified boost gauge

Rides
    Never saw that thread before! I did know that his turbo blew itself apart where someone had fiddled with it in the past and caused a massive power loss, but he fixed that..but as far as I'm aware I was never any better off knowing him having issues with the gizzmo. So I honestly wouldn't know there mate sorry but when he sold it at the time to the kid you bought it from it seemed to be boosting fine.

Manual boost controller will do the job easy enough but ill always stick to electronic personally but that's just me

Let us know if you fix it or come across what the issue is.

Rides
    Is it just me that thinks your making a mistake? Swapping a kouki bumper to that silly aftermarket one. Each to their own but Give me a kouki kitted s14a any day

Rides
    Probably not mate, people have said why, but I at the time could not afford to get the greedy lip to go with it, that's the only way they look good to me! Will probably buy one in the future and run it again but for now I'm happy with this, just wish it was painted better ahha

Rides
    Even with a UK front bumper the kouki rear goes well. I've just bought a kouki rear and would like a kouki front and some ear spats. Yeah it being red might help :-)

Rides
    So yeah if you don't want any kouki you won't be wanting that grill ;-)

Rides
    I love the kouki rear but before I had the car I and even new what the kouki kit was I had in my mind what I wanted to do with the car so I'm gunna do that, might regret it but will find out soon enough! When it's all done and been in for its respray I will see how it looks the different colour! 😀 the only bit I'm keeping is the kouki grill tho hahaha