Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    i will have to find out, ,my dad gets it done and he is on holiday for the next week and a bit. what color would you want it doing??? that makes a differenct to the price to so let me know a color and i will find out for you. black will be the cheapest tho
    Probably Blue or Red or like yours yellow!

Rides
    well when you decide let me know and i will look into it. only thing then will be posting it? unless Ur gunna be able to make it to any local meets or something?

Rides
    So this week is the planned car week! Getting a big job done and checking over the whole rear end of the car. The day started off yesterday with getting the lights out and the rear bumper off, which wasn't that hard.

Then getting it jacked up and on the axle stands which wasn't to hard either. Then the exhaust off.

Got many tool boxes set up ready and easy to hand.

Then undid the prop and driveshafts and got the diff dropped out! Which seemed allot easier on the ground that it was when we did it last time on a proper lift!

The dropped the subframe out of the car which was a bit of a faff but we got there in the end. Then it was a case of getting it appart, all of the old arms off and the old subframe out of the way.

Then started looking into swapping the bushes over from one frame to the other, but after looking at them decided to get new as they looked in a bad way, only issue was lack of funds and couldn't get polybushes and had to go for a set of driftwoorks solid bushes, not sure in how the will be in the car for normal driving but we will see when I get on the road, may be change out at a later date but we shall see.

Then got them pressed into the new subframe and had to get a mate to take me down to the place in his fiesta

Got it back with them all pressed in and looking good!

Then dropped the new powder coated frame into place and started bolting it all up ready to go back in tomorrow! I really like how it came out and need more stuff powder coating yellow now. Wish I had to money to get the wishbones done to but that will come in the future.

Also had my new tyres arrive today so need to get them all mounted up on the wheels!

The only bad thing about today was that we realised the rust needs looking at quite quickly, had a welder come and look at it today and have had a quote off him for repairing it all and want as bad as I thought it would be. Both the subframe boomerang mount things where it mounts to the car need doing, one side is literally falling appart in our hands when we had a look so not great. A small hole behind the passenger seats and all the upper arch repairs will be done when it goes in for all that work!

And that's all for now, will update again soon as we should have it back on its wheels tomorrow afternoon sometime! Fingers crossed

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Good work mate coming along well! Soo how much was the quote for rust repairs?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Good work mate coming along well! Soo how much was the quote for rust repairs?
    Been quoted 400£ which isn't as bad as I was expecting

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    Been quoted 400£ which isn't as bad as I was expecting

That's good mate is that to cut out and replace or patch?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    That's good mate is that to cut out and replace or patch?
    Full cut and replace, it's to far gone to be patched up!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good work. I'll be doing similar soon
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Good work. I'll be doing similar soon
    Cheers Chris, it's defo worth doing and I learned allot about the car doing it. And it looks pretty!

Rides
    OK so the work continued to get it back on the road!

First was getting the subframe back in the car so got it all lined up on a couple of jacks and then lifted it into the car!

After it was all bolted up in the car we then got the diff lifted into position to, it was a little faff getting It in but we got there in the end!

Then it was just the case of getting it all bolted up and everything back together, shocks back up and all other bits!

The dog also found some shade when we weren't under the car!

Them it was getting the tyres mounted up and I found a place local that wouldn't charge 20£ per wheel to fit they tyres!

Then back to get the exhaust back on to!

Then a little drive to make sure everything was all good and to get some much needed fuel!

The last thing was a full alignment and it was much needed as it was all over the shop on the drive up there.

It felt so much nicer to drive on the way home, so much more planted and stable, better than it has ever felt before.

That's it for now, don't think anything big will happen in the next couple of months as I will be saving for these rust repairs, only thing will possibly be a new rear bumper and then selling the kouki! We shall see

Last edited by mathew8717; 25-07-2015 at 10:28.

Rides
    Great progress matt you didn't hit any difficulties then?

Rides
    Not really mate, wasn't to hard. Just wanna see how the solid bushes feel on the road. If their to solid they will be changed out when I have some more cash.

Also need to find a loud squeaking noise coming from that back end of the car now!

Rides
    That's good then dude hope mine goes well when i get around to it although i will be refurbing the underside of mine at the same time!

Rides
    What bumper you thinking of getting?

Rides
    Vertex one i think pal, always loved the look of them and been after one for ages.

I'm Away all of this week but have things arriving at home that iv ordered, i just couldn't resist! hopefuly when i get home this weekend i can get some of the parts fitted up! will change the look of the car i hope!

Rides
    Good progress mate, glad the welder gave you a good price too!

Rides
    cheers mate, and with the welding it gets better, my dad is a welder by trade but he is flat out with work so wasn't going to be able to do it but has now freed up some space in the near future so going to get a kit of spice whezle on here and he is going to weld it all in. savers me even more monnies!

Rides
    the replacement sills is the way to go for your car and having your Dad do it is an all round result then!

Rides

Rides
    What you waiting on now mate?

Oh btw you need to change your signature lol