Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Matt! I want your interior! What's wrong with em? And what bits ya got?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Oh and +1 for getting the r2d2 😉

Rides
    if u want em pal u can have them, drivers seat has a rip in it which is the downside and the door cards have the speaker covers missing. other than that its all fine, just a little grubby as its cream it shows it up allot

Rides
    Also got my old hydro sat hear doing not allot if anyone is interested!
    Last edited by mathew8717; 10-07-2015 at 09:26.

Rides
    Dat colour! Well assuming you want to contrast the car against it, maybe black or grey? My third guess would be white lol

Nice car and work so far mate by the way, I ll keep an eye on this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by iinnex View Post
    Dat colour! Well assuming you want to contrast the car against it, maybe black or grey? My third guess would be white lol

Nice car and work so far mate by the way, I ll keep an eye on this

Hey cheers for the king words pal, i appreciate it. as for the color of the car, well plan is that it will be Yellow to! but more of a satin rather than a gloss and then blue accessories and other little bits like calipers. the head and other engine bay stuff, i have it all planned out in my head what is going to be what color.

but for now i will have to keep on doing smaller things to it and no.1 is the interior still, desperate for a head lining and other interior bits to!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    Hey cheers for the king words pal, i appreciate it. as for the color of the car, well plan is that it will be Yellow to! but more of a satin rather than a gloss with blue accessories and other little bits like calipers. the head and other engine bay stuff, i have it all planned out in my head what is going to be what color.

but for now i will have to keep on doing smaller things to it and no.1 is the interior still, desperate for a head lining and other interior bits to!!
    Good work mate. It's rare to see people your age who know what they want to do to a car like this. . Most ruin them. . Just look at mine lol.

Keep up the good werk!
    if u want em pal u can have them, drivers seat has a rip in it which is the downside and the door cards have the speaker covers missing. other than that its all fine, just a little grubby as its cream it shows it up allot
    I'll pm you my number and if you have whatsapp could you send over some pics? I could collect Sunday.. may go to rich's bbq thing

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice f1 car. Is that an hpi or a modified tamiya?

The sx is coming along nicely
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    Good work mate. It's rare to see people your age who know what they want to do to a car like this. . Most ruin them. . Just look at mine lol.

Keep up the good werk!

I'll pm you my number and if you have whatsapp could you send over some pics? I could collect Sunday.. may go to rich's bbq thing

i love the look of yours Ry, after seeing and hearing it at Japfest i absolutely love it!!!

and i will text u over the pictures when i get home. what u after from it? whole lot or pieces??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nice f1 car. Is that an hpi or a modified tamiya?

The sx is coming along nicely
    Cheers mate, and its a Tamiya F103 chassis, only really brought is as a shelf queen! goes with the rest of my collection of RC kit, i have many, team associates SC10, tamiya MO3,5 and 6, schumacher supastox x2, schumacher MI5, Xray T3'11, Mission D drift chassis, losi micro-T and two boats!

Rides
    i love the look of yours Ry, after seeing and hearing it at Japfest i absolutely love it!!!

and i will text u over the pictures when i get home. what u after from it? whole lot or pieces??
    Possibly whole lot bud

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheers mate, and its a Tamiya F103 chassis, only really brought is as a shelf queen! goes with the rest of my collection of RC kit, i have many, team associates SC10, tamiya MO3,5 and 6, schumacher supastox x2, schumacher MI5, Xray T3'11, Mission D drift chassis, losi micro-T and two boats!
    Fair collection. I used to race one of those tamiyas back in the day
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    So an update on the car, made some decent progress recently with it and I am nearly happy with it now. It’s coming along slowly.

Firstly went to japfest on the club stand and had an amazing day, the early start was well worth it! Even picked up some goodies to, a steering wheel and a tow hook. Though now I’m home I am undecided on the tow hook, bit of an impulse buy so will do a trial fit and see what it looks like.

Then I brought a normal, un welded diff to swap out the welded one. Got it delivered from garage-D and then had to get it fitted so off to my mates dads body shop to use their lift to make it easier. Got it swapped out in a morning and its so much nicer to drive. More like a daily now. And even better the ABS now works to!! Funny that plugging it all back in makes it work eh.

Next up was sorting the interior mess out, got the hydro removed and un plumbed, the original hand break back on the correct side and a new centre console in too along with gear gaiter ETC. Now it’s looking much much better.

Then went and collected a black leather interior to replace the cream one. So got that all swapped over and the interior is a much nicer place to be now.

Also while I was picking up the seats I also got a pair of adjustable driftworks camber arms and a un flocked heater vent/control surround to. Lovely. No pictures of them as I am going to be getting them powder coated before fitting.

Final piece of the interior for now was making a boost gauge and gizzmo holder in the ashtray slot to keep it all in one place and so that I can see it.

Engine bay got a clean too!

Then finally went to a local show and organised an SXOC stand for us to display on, was a good day and the s-bodies where getting allot of attention!!

Then went for a nice long drive in the car, it was nice to just drive. Then ended up in a car park and the local corsa boys loved a bit of a fire show

That it for now as I am still saving for rust repairs, though little purchases will be done in the mean time to keep things ticking along.
    I found your thread at last!! Good work dude i'm loving the pic of my car at wheels fest! you never put them on fb!

I am subscribed now!

Rides
    Looks goood, nice to see if getting tidied up and some parts to good use

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    Looks goood, nice to see if getting tidied up and some parts to good use
    cheers mate, need to come have a look around the parts hoard again before you leave!!!!!, will bring those scaffold poles with me too if i can get them in the car, if not then pop over any night i should be around!

Rides
    also got the side skirts painted up last weekend and they turned out much much better than the front bumper, i am realy chuffed!!

defo going to be having another go at the front bumper see if i can get as good result on that, but it will also need a repair to it to so some filler and smoothing out will be needed i think!!

Rides
    ]
    I MUST get around and do this.. its beautiful!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    I MUST get around and do this.. its beautiful!

cheers mate, it defo makes it look so much nicer than stock, just a shame it wont really get seen under the car, but i will know it is there!! my old one will be coming off and all changed over Monday, then the one off the car will be sat here if your interested in it, i can also get it powder coated to? any color!

Rides
    cheers mate, it defo makes it look so much nicer than stock, just a shame it wont really get seen under the car, but i will know it is there!! my old one will be coming off and all changed over Monday, then the one off the car will be sat here if your interested in it, i can also get it powder coated to? any color!
    I would be, just not at the moment with my RB build. But, what kind of cost is powder coating on the subframe!?

Rides
    i will have to find out, ,my dad gets it done and he is on holiday for the next week and a bit. what color would you want it doing??? that makes a differenct to the price to so let me know a color and i will find out for you. black will be the cheapest tho