Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Also today was a sad day.

But it does mean that the real work can begin now, just working out how to get the nissan a dry home to live in while its in a billion peaces . after that there is no going back!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mathew8717; 01-11-2016 at 12:18.

Rides
    Gayyyy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    ok so a little bit of an update, not much has happened to the car over the last two months if im honest, just selling bits of that i no longer wanted or needed to build up some funds, bumpers, wings, seat, rear wing and dome other parts that i had hoarded have all been sold on and iv been putting money aside each month as well, but damn Christmas means you have to buy other things for people so some went on that.

I have however been able to find my next pair of wheels that i needed in the correct size to be rebuilt, so i now have the front and rear wheels, i just need to get the lips for them which should come soon i hope. but i am yet to get the things apart, bloody SSR for welding there 3 piece splits together, finding somewhere with a lathe big enough and trying to do it without damaging them is proving difficult.

LP11211 helped out over a couple of weekends to clear my parents front garden of the jungle that had taken shape where about 10ft of the front garden used to be, then Pointz lent his digger driving skills to clearing the rest of it out before the concrete can go down, then i can put the Clarke temp garage up so the car can live in the dry at last, just waiting for the concrete to go down now then i can get the tent up

Until that happens i cant do that much with this weather so im going to get the rest of the interior apart form the dash out one weekend and then all i have to do is get the dash out and start the wiring loom move.

I have however treated myself to a toolbox and a new low entry trolley jack, my dad had a VAT free voucher from machine mart so it would have been rude not to take advantage of the offer, will hopefully keep getting more tools over time whenever there is some free cash that allows it.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 05-01-2017 at 14:37.

Rides
    Dude il split ya wheels i got a petrol disc cutter 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    So im still waiting for the garage/tent to go up, shouldn't be long now though, work continues this week so hopefully its done soon.

In the mean time iv been doing little things to keep busy, i have stripped all of the interior apart from door cards, dash and head liner so just need to get that out before wiring can begin.

I have also finally been able to get my split rims split! couldn't find anywhere that would be able to do it so i decided to take a brave pill and went at them with and angle grinder, i undid all the bolts to get the centers out then started to cut them apart very carefully. Luckily i was able to get good results at then end, just patient and cut slowly and all was well, looks spot on and there not damaged. This now means that i can finally order lips for them, speaking to companies now to get the best deal i can on them, then i just need some replacement bolts as i damaged some when removing them, then valves and the stickers for the center caps and they should be ready for building.

I was also able to find a set of genuine Kouki indicators with all bulb holders and loom for £20 local so snapped them up without hesitation, they are truly mint, i hopefully should be able to make them work with the origin Bumper down the line.

Lastly i was able to get hold of a AEM Wideband for very reasonable money so that was also brought, it was barely used so thats going to sit on the shelf until its needed, just need the matching Water temp, oil temp and oil pressure now!

Last edited by mathew8717; 20-02-2017 at 11:28.

Rides
    Finally an update, its been slow going recently but fingers crossed it should pickup soon.

Firstly the garage/tent is finally up and the car is in dry and out of the elements, it's taken far far to long, but better late than never, original plan was to have it up at Christmas but that didn't happen.

Car fits in just fine, there's enough room to get it in and work around it which is just great.

We got the car in and started taking big bits off, doors, bones, boot are all off and the dash is out, that was made loads easier considering it was only held in with 3 bolts! I have made sure everything is labelled as to what it plugs into, wanna make sure I know where everything is to be plugged back into when the time come to put it back together.

We have also started the wiring move, the engine bay loom is unplugged and all pulled through the firewall, wasn't to hard to get it all unplugged, just gotta be careful not to break any tabs of the plugs.

Been taking our time with this one, just been identifying and tracing wires and trying to plan what needs to be moved and what needs to be cut and re located. It's a bit daunting having to cut wires so I've been putting it off but I'll start it soon, just need to get another 14 bay loom so I can use the correct wire then the soldering can start.

Also makes it loads easier to do this if you take as much stuff out of the bay as possible, radiator, intercooler, abs unit (that was destined for the bin anyway), PAS bottle and lines, just the master cylinder left to remove.

I have also been buying some stuff and making some stuff.

Firstly I got me a reccaro confetti finally, been on the hunt for ages. I've just gotta find another matching one now.

also got another AEM gauge, this one was oil pressure. Still trying to find temp gauges and boost now.

I have also been working on making a gauge pod for the car, I never liked the gauges on the dash so have taken inspiration from nathan's build on here with his gauge pod in the oem vent location, looks way better in my opinion, if been chipping away at it in the evenings building up filler to get it looking spot on, needs more work but I will get there with it.

Lastly I've been trying to get somewhere dry to store and work on the engine when it's out, it's nothing special but its dry and has enough room to store and work on bits. Not bad for something done on little to no budget at all.

Hopefully it will progress more in the coming months, soon as is wired and the engine fires up again I then know the wiring is all good then we can pull the engine out and the rest of the chassis restoration can begin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mathew8717; 03-07-2017 at 14:38.

Rides
    Update coming soon, i have been working on this. Just going to try to save all the photos of Photobucket that have been lost. Will try to save most of them

Rides
    So, not had chance to write up the update yet, it's been a lot of wiring at the moment, should be able to get it all back together soon and fire it up so I can make sure its all working.

In the mean time, Iv had a delivery.

I need to get the centres painted ASAP and I can then assemble them and do a test fit.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Ok So i have slacked with updates recently, and considering a lot has happened it’s about time I catch up to today.

I have been working with LP11211 on the loom relocation in the car, it’s taken a while but it’s now finished! And I can say that everything worked first time which is amazing, I won’t go into detail here about the process as I have been keeping track of everything in a separate thread. I will say that it makes such a difference to the bay, It makes it all worth wile now that it’s all gone an much tidier for a nice looking bay. The only real issue that I had was a bit of confusion with the headlight wiring, but a cuppa and a think and it was all fixed and working in an afternoon so that the headlight wiring is hidden as best as it can be without running it in the frame rail itself.

When all the wiring was done it was time to test it by starting the car, for the first time in about 5 months, and everything was pretty boring as it all went exactly as planned. Threw he radiator back in, checked all the oil levels, then it was remove the fuse for the fuel pump and unplug the coil packs and make sure the oil was all around the engine before starting it after sitting for some time. Once it was done put the fuse back in and plugged the coil packs back in and turned the key and it started right up which was a massive relief.

So now that it was done and it started it was time to pull the engine out of the car. So exhaust off, prop out gearbox mount off, then unplug the engine and pluck it out, wasn’t anything as bad as I thought it would be. It’s now on the engine stand awaiting some new parts that are in the post and should be here soon.

So next with the car it was to make sure that the dash would fit with the fusebox in the intended position in the old passenger airbag location. At first there was some doubt that it would fit as I wanted but a bit of modification to the dash it looks like its going to be perfect and allow full access to all of the fuses and still not be seen so its perfect in my eyes.

Oh and all of this is still being done in the Clarke car tent, honesty iv been so impressed with this thing, I have been worried about it over the last week with the two huge storms that have been going on but this hasn’t missed a beat. As long as it’s secured properly in concrete I can’t see it going anywhere. I have also fitted some lighting so I can work at night in the winter and see everything that I need to with no issues, it’s like Blackpool illuminations in there when the lights are on.

Will try to make more progress now with the chassis restoration now so need to get it on the roll over jig as soon as I can.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 21-10-2017 at 20:59.

Rides
    So some more progress has been made recently, Iv been working on the rad and intercooler setup, I'm going for a high mount intercooler to get it right out the way and so that I can not have any pipework going through holes in the battery tray area. It's much tidy and with shorter pipework means less lag so win win. I brought a s13 IC core in the apex mega sale, knowing that I was going to be modifying it anyway I didn't need to worry about s13/14 fitment as it's not where it was Intended to be. After some cutting it all fits just fine, just need to mod the inlet and outlet and it will all be awesome.

Next up Iv stripped the engine down as much as I need to for now, inlet and mani are off and I have cleaned the block the best I can, it needs more work but it will do for now, eventually it will get some high temp paint to freshen it all up.

The engine bay has also been cleaned and de-greased, looks better already but there's some rust round repair and the tubs and welding up of extra firewall holes to be done.

Lastly Iv finally had my wheels built up. I had a company called rimscarnated powder coat and built them up with Al new hardware. I'll leave pictures but safe to say I'm in love with them. Couldn't have done a better job with them, going to be so worried about curbing these when the car is done.

So Iv got some more bits arriving in the post and also taking the car to have some work done so when it's back I'll be able to do another update!
    Last edited by mathew8717; 05-11-2017 at 21:17.

Rides
    NICE WHEELS DUDE!! whats the specs?

Rides
    If my maths for the et is correct then there 18x10 et 20 (will need a 15mm spacer for brake clearance so effectively be et5) and the rears are 18x12 et-5.

Gotta figure out tyres now, thinking a 265/40

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice work mate, sod doing that in a tent however good it is
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nice work mate, sod doing that in a tent however good it is
    Better than doing it part on the road part on the drive

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew8717 View Post
    If my maths for the et is correct then there 18x10 et 20 (will need a 15mm spacer for brake clearance so effectively be et5) and the rears are 18x12 et-5.

Gotta figure out tyres now, thinking a 265/40
    Man size. It's gonna look ace mate. Personally I'm liking stretched tyres less and less, I've got 235/40 all round on my 18x10s. When they need replacing I'm gonna move up a size to 245/40 all round instead.
    Last edited by sx rider; 09-11-2017 at 23:11.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Better than doing it part on the road part on the drive
    Can't argue with that
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Can't argue with that
    Motivation killer! My engine is in parts ready to be built in my kitchen, i really wanna crack on with the bay but cba in the cold.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Sorry mat just babbling on on ya thread

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Lol, seems like we're all at it this year, having a running sx is overrated

Rides
    Those wheels are utterly gorgeous!

Lol, seems like we're all at it this year, having a running sx is overrated
    Mine hasn't moved under it's own steam in 2 1/2 years now. I've only owned this one for 4