Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Mats red s14a long term project

Rides
    Just been to pick up some wind deflectors that came up local for 25 quid!

And came away with more than I bargained for :-D

Wind deflectors
    Silvia floor mats
    Silvia break light

Also swapping rear windscreen with the guy to, his has the silvia logo laminated between the glass. Never seen one before and I want it

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mathew8717; 28-05-2016 at 13:29.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Nice, would love some silvia mats and those wind deflectors were a bargain.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Nice, would love some silvia mats and those wind deflectors were a bargain.
    I won't tell you how much I paid for the lot then 🙊🙊

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds like you got a bargain. Had people try and sell me the brake light for £150 before
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    So I haven’t updated this in a while, so best get cracking.

The car was collected and trailered away to have the welding done on the frame rails, cut out and replace allot of the old rail as it was all crushed and just starting to rust so had to get it done.

While it was there the welder did some more poking around and it came back with more holes than it went in with

I would rather know there though so that I can get them sorted asap.

Then we had the task of putting it all back together so in went the interior with a new s15 interior carpet which is soooooo much nicer than the old cut up carpet that went directly into the bin.

Then it was the rest of the seats back in as well as putting in the diff and fitting all of the bushes when the right ones finally turned up, third times the charm

The day after that was wheels festival on Bournemouth beach, it’s a cool day out and we had a good stand turnout to.

Cheap jet wash the morning of the event as yet again it wasn't finished until late the night before

Although I hadn’t had an alignment so the car was all over the show on the drive there. So it was then alignment time.

Then not allot happened for a while, I was saving money and not doing much to the car.

Did however wash it.

Then did the formula 1 which was also a rather expensive weekend so no car spends that month.

Then it comes to last week where it all went wrong………

que the breakdown photo

Plod stopped to say his

And the recovery truck photo

So basically the wheel virtually came off
    I thought that it was wheel bearing but it turned out that 4 wheel studs on the rear snapped, at the same time, causing the wheel to luckily, jam up into the rear arch and stay there, it was like having the hand break pulled on one wheel. I wasn’t going fast however as 30 seconds or so before it started to vibrate so I slowed to about 50 and was planning to stop at the next junction to investigate. then it went snap.

So got home and stripped it all apart, luckily it was my week off work so I had time to tinker.

While it was all off and rear wheel studs were being replaced I decided that it would be a good time to get a z32 rear swap on the go as I already had disks and callipers. I sourced the hand break cables and backing plates and it was then getting it all bolted back together.

Got board one day waiting for parts so went and got some rattle cans and tadah

Safe to say that for some reason or another when putting it back together I just got wound up more and more about things not going smoothly and was so close to putting a socket through the windscreen, glad I didn’t now though as when it was all together went for a drive and now all is well once again and I dint want to set it on fire.

All throughout this I have been putting any spare money aside and am now on the look out for some proper wheels, I know what I want, in the sizes I want and the colour that I want so I’m on the hunt on japan auction sites for some 3 piece JDM man spec wheels, watch this space.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 19-08-2016 at 13:45.

Rides
    What size wheels are you thinking?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Any more pictures of the car now it's one colour?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Any more pictures of the car now it's one colour?
    This too ^^ have seen the car since this state and its rolling and red!

Rides
    Here's one i got!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    Here's one i got!

Cheers rich! dont atchily think that i have taken any pics of it all kinda one color tbh.

Rides
    Also i did a buy yesterday, watch this space. something that i have wanted for ages should be here tomorrow! its the first real step towards getting the car looking good

Rides
    I know!!!!!

Rides
    I want pictures Matty! Now! Haha unlucky few months for you buddy. I'm glad its coming together now though. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    I want pictures Matty! Now! Haha unlucky few months for you buddy. I'm glad its coming together now though. Keep up the good work!

It better start coming together now he's bought a daily barge so more time for the 14.

Come down to west meon hut on sunday ry quite a few of us going up there

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post

cheers ry, yeh been an unlucky last month but cheered myself up with a present, couple of phone calls and emails to JDMdistro and i had a package arrive at work!

I finally found the wheels that i wanted in a suitable size that i could build to the desired size. they are SSR Koenig in size 18x9 et+35. Eventual plan is to get these split and refurbished so they are 18x12 et-5ish with keeping the original SSR rear barrel and stickers. i dont have many good pics at the moment but will get some soon, these are the best i have.

Had to get then home safe!

and as rich said i have now brought a daily driver, lexus gs300 barge, i love these things and i dont know why, but there cool so i went and got one for cheap, its comfy to drive and is on HSD coilovers. everything is electric and its an auto, perfect for lazy relaxed driving.

And now that i have a daily it means that can start the serious work on the 14, after jap finale i will swap the insurances over and drive the barge, then first job for the 14 is relocate the wiring loom into the car, engine out, finish under sealing the front half of the car then prep for paint. may even throw a turbo setup in for good measure while im at it.

Hopefully will progress through, dont realy have a timescale for the 14 it takes as long as it takes.
    Last edited by mathew8717; 01-09-2016 at 11:15.

Rides
    Test fitted the wheels at the weekend, everything clears the callipers fine on the rear which I am happy about so I don't need any slip on spacers, and I have found out that I have allot of clearance to the coilover as well so could have gone for even more man spec et and made a 13j rear, but that would be silly 😋, gunna stick to the 12j. I will hopefully order barrels next month to so I can get them built up and do another test fit when there together, think I need a 6.5" lips!

Rides
    Looking good Mat! . Just read this from start to finish, didn't realise just how much work you've put into this! What colour are you thinking for the wheels?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstormer View Post
    Looking good Mat! . Just read this from start to finish, didn't realise just how much work you've put into this! What colour are you thinking for the wheels?
    Cheers mate , there going to be copper centers with chrome lips, 10j and 12j should fit just so

Rides
    Coming along nicely Mat, every things being done properly that should be and soon you will have nothing to worry about
    Your journey so far is very similar to mine tbh gear box bumper rust etc.
    Looking at removing my rear sub and upgrading all arms etc, cant wait to underseal
    Nice to meet you at pod

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarbonFX View Post
    Coming along nicely Mat, every things being done properly that should be and soon you will have nothing to worry about
    Your journey so far is very similar to mine tbh gear box bumper rust etc.
    Looking at removing my rear sub and upgrading all arms etc, cant wait to underseal
    Nice to meet you at pod
    I think everyones journey is the same with these cars hahah, we all go through the same issues ahhaha. And was good to have a chat with you at pod as well, car does look

Last edited by mathew8717; 01-11-2016 at 12:19.