Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S14 RB25 Zealou5 build.

Rides
    Time for another quick update, the S14 is temporarily back on wheels for a while well the ramp is being used for something else so I've taken this time to get on with the engine bay. As you can see the SR20 has now been removed and the bay is now 90% clear of everything.
    The first thing I've done on the bay is completely remove the slam panel, you need to cut into the slam panel to accept an r33 or s13 ally rad but I've chosen to completely remove it and I'll make a custom removable one to go back in its place. This will make it much easier for engine removals in the future, and I personally think it'll look much better all round.
    Next job I tackled was stitch welding of all the seams in the bay, fairly easy job with a good scrapper and power wheel on the grinder to remove the seam sealer, I then simple marked out 1" intervals and set to work with the welder!

Also the loom arrived from Wiring Specialties in the USA, this is their Pro Series loom including full coil pack, injector and transmission tucked looms. It truly is a work of art! Everything has heatshrink labelling on and there are full installation instructions on their site. Without a doubt the best thing I've brought for the project so far!

Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll be able to dry fit the RB and start making any brackets and pipe work before painting the bay!

Rides
    Same harness I bought. Quality kit

Rides
    Yeh it's brilliant mate!

Rides
    Likewise I got The Neo version for mine. Needed some modification for my setup...but that was expected as I'd moved fuse box and ran different inlet mani.

car started first time with it too :-)

Rides
    Not sure what RB you have, but one thing i would say is if you can use the Freedy inlet. Your IC pipework will be a breeze!

Rides
    Yeh I'll have a forward facing inlet for sure, we have a little surprise where that's involved

Rides
    Really enjoyed reading through this. Given me some motivation to finish the sill replacement on my 180sx tomorrow!

When you say "chrome sub frame" is it actually chrome plated or powder coated? Do you use the same process on the heat shields cause I'm assuming they're plated due to heat issues..?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by shikari chaos View Post
    Really enjoyed reading through this. Given me some motivation to finish the sill replacement on my 180sx tomorrow!

When you say "chrome sub frame" is it actually chrome plated or powder coated? Do you use the same process on the heat shields cause I'm assuming they're plated due to heat issues..?
    Hi mate, both the subframe and heatsheilds are powdercoated silver chrome...

Rides
    Thanks buddy! They look mint and I like the bracing

Rides
    Thanks mate, very kind of you.

Rides
    Had a look at this post as you pasted the link to my post about undersealing. What is the black coating you used ?

Rides
    It's a 2pack epoxy coating from a company called rustbuster mate. They supply it in a variety of colours.

Rides
    Link to the 121 Epoxy Mastic for you:
    http:// http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic-r...-paint/c28117/
    It's top stuff ;-)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil View Post
    Link to the 121 Epoxy Mastic for you:
    http:// http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic-r...-paint/c28117/
    It's top stuff ;-)
    Nice one Fil mate!