Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S14 RB25 Zealou5 build.

Rides

S14 RB25 Zealou5 build.

Hi guys, I'm Mike from Wiltshire
    I've recently purchased an S14 rolling shell and my plan is to undergo a full nut and bolt restoration along with an RB25 transplant.

I'm fortunate enough to be close friends with the guys at Zealou5 in Trowbridge, Wiltshire and together we are going to undertake this project to there usual impeccable standards! Check them out on Facebook for an idea of the standards these guys work too!! https://www.facebook.com/Zealou5 We intend to use the S14 as a demo car and a platform to produce and test custom Zealou5 parts in the near future!
    The plan is to fully restore the underside before we start the engine conversion so I'll leave any info on that until later on in the thread.
    The first step was a quick wash down before loading it onto the ramp. As soon as it was loaded we were straight on to stripping off the rear wheels, brake callipers, coilovers, exhaust and drive shaft in preparation for dropping the subframe off.
    With the subframe now off the next job was to set about stripping the subframe of all arms and the hubs.

The subframe will now be reinforced, the bushes will be removed and it will be sent off to be shot blasted and powder coated.
    Any nuts and bolts that are removed in the process will either be replaced with stainless or de-gassed and zinc coated.
    Next up to be removed was the fuel tank and all of the remaining heat shields.
    The rear half of the 14 will now be stripped back to a clean surface ready for seam sealing and 2 coats of epoxy.

Rides
    Looking good! Similar to my project.

Glad to see so many of these cars being restored properly.

Rides
    Yoohoo Mike, I'm watching now butt :-x

Rides
    Ah hello Fil mate!! Glad you're watching, I'll be needing your help with this build mate!

Rides
    Good to see another s14 on the road to restoration.

Rides
    The Zealous guys have a great reputation, I was reading a R33 restore thread last night and also admiring the Zealous FB photos page. Good luck with the build!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    The Zealous guys have a great reputation, I was reading a R33 restore thread last night and also admiring the Zealous FB photos page. Good luck with the build!
    They're very knowledgable guys and there attention to detail is second to none! Very much looking forward to working them on this build!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeykt View Post
    Ah hello Fil mate!! Glad you're watching, I'll be needing your help with this build mate!
    You got it Mike. This is going to be a proper job bud

Rides
    They're very knowledgable guys and there attention to detail is second to none! Very much looking forward to working them on this build!
    will look forward to seeing your progress mate, if I lived a bit closer to them I'd be keen to get them to look at my car. Going to give it a crack myself and see what happens.
    Last edited by sx rider r17t; 12-05-2015 at 18:09.

Rides
    Watching this. Undergoing mine next month!

Rides
    I know this will be a very high attention to detail build . I saw what the man with four toes (Bob) did with his 32 gtr.

All the best men

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider r17t View Post
    will look forward to seeing your progress mate, if I lived a bit closer to them I'd be keen to get them to look at my car. Going to give it a crack myself and see what happens.
    You're not to far away mate, they've had people travel from all over the country to have work done, pop on down some time

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    I know this will be a very high attention to detail build . I saw what the man with four toes (Bob) did with his 32 gtr.

All the best men
    Bobs 32 is a pure inspiration, I was lucky enough to be in the passenger seat all the way to LeMans last year, words cannot describe how amazing that GTR is!

Cheers mate!

Rides
    Bobs 32 is a pure inspiration, I was lucky enough to be in the passenger seat all the way to LeMans last year, words cannot describe how amazing that GTR is!

Cheers mate!
    Oh yes what a car And 90% of the work was done on his drive! what a guy only great builds will ever come from his company wish you all the best with future projects

Rides
    Indeed it was mate! Off to jap fest init on Saturday!
    Thankyou mate, very kind words!!

Rides
    You're not to far away mate, they've had people travel from all over the country to have work done, pop on down some time
    yeah its not that far to be fair, might pop down and say hello some time, rear subframe is coming of in a couple of weeks and then when thats back on later this summer would be good stretch its legs a bit

Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    Oh yes what a car And 90% of the work was done on his drive! what a guy only great builds will ever come from his company wish you all the best with future projects
    Is there a tread I can have a look at?

Rides

Rides
    cool thanks!

Rides
    Time for a quick update I think...

We've recently been spending some time carrying on with the stripping of the rear underside, removing all the old under seal and surface rust.

We have also been using an acid based rust remover to remove any rust that has penetrated the steel.

As it stands we have only come across one small hole around the size of a one pence piece, so fingers crossed we are looking good so far!!

The rear subframe is now stripped of its bushes...

The reinforcing plates all cut and cleaned up...

And finally tacked and welded into place...

So with the rear subframe now ready, I've sorted everything ready to go off to be stripped, blasted and either powder or zinc coated.

Rides
    Build thread is looking good Mikey! This car is going to be mental when it's finished