Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S14 RB25 Zealou5 build.

Rides
    Just a quick progress update for you guys, been a bit slow going of late due to me moving house recently but hopefully the build should start to pick up pass now!
    I have fully adjustable Ikeya Formula arms on route from japan as we speak and we also had a nice delivery from Superpro consisting of every bush needed for the rear end and one of there new anti roll bars!
    we've also had this lot back from the powder coaters!

Chrome subframe and rear heat shields!

Lower arms, hubs, subframe L brackets and towing eye all zinc coated gold to match the Ikeya arms. They will be clear coated before being fitted!
    We also have multiple bags of gold zinc coated nuts and bolts ready to fit this all back up!
    Just need to order subframe bushes and rubber boots for the Ikeya stuff!

Rides
    looking good!

my car is in a similar state but I havent taken the fuel tank out yet.

I also read the threads you posted up, the man knows how to do the job right!
    Last edited by sx rider r17t; 05-07-2015 at 10:04.

Rides
    Hi guys....

Havnt done much of an update lately purely because there isn't much to share sadly, been very preoccupied with a house move, but I am back on the build now so should be able to provide an update soon!

I have been thinking a lot about the RB25 conversion lately and would massively appreciate any help/advise from anyone who has done the conversion or anyone who knows anything about it at all.... Any links, pictures, anything would be awesome!

Has anyone made there own engine mounts for the conversion? If so does anyone have any pictures or measurements?

Cheers guys.

Mike.

Rides
    I know a bit about RB conversions Mike

Rides
    Zeldoz is doing one at the moment - http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ration-Project

Rides
    I'm doing one as well, recently got mine wired up and running. Haven't updated my thread for a while though. Anything you want to know fire me a PM if you need any help.

As for engine mounts, just use an R33 front subframe. It's a direct fit on an S14 and obviously the engine is a direct fit on the subframe. Sits perfectly in the bay too. You'll need a custom gearbox mount which you can make yourself if you're handy with an engle grinder and welder. Not sure who sells them off the shelf. My prop is currently away at Dr Prop near Carlisle getting shortened by 127mm to fit. He's taking £160+vat to shorten and balance it.

Rides
    Haha you sure do Fil!!!

Thanks SX that will be a big help!

Cheers handsomedez mate!
    So it's just direct fit onto the sub frame, I thought It may have to be moved back to get the gear stick to line up Central in the gear stick hole?
    Did you make your own loom?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by handsomedez View Post
    I'm doing one as well, recently got mine wired up and running. Haven't updated my thread for a while though. Anything you want to know fire me a PM if you need any help.

As for engine mounts, just use an R33 front subframe. It's a direct fit on an S14 and obviously the engine is a direct fit on the subframe. Sits perfectly in the bay too. You'll need a custom gearbox mount which you can make yourself if you're handy with an engle grinder and welder. Not sure who sells them off the shelf. My prop is currently away at Dr Prop near Carlisle getting shortened by 127mm to fit. He's taking £160+vat to shorten and balance it.
    Second this.

R33 Subframe
    R33 Mounts

That'll get you sat in the bay.

Remove ABS

Remove Aircon

Cut your slam panel anything from 1-5 inches. Recess a S13 ally rad into it.

Your propshaft will either need lengthening-shortening and the RB25 YOKE to be added to the end. (In my case i just need the yokes swapped no extra length or shortening)

Loom;
    DAL Performance
    Wiring Specialalities (USA brand new looms)
    Martin Battye (I cant remember his surname)
    NORFY - Driftworks

Problems;
    Your power steering will not directly bolt onto. Your either need to get a new high pressure line adapting by PIRTEK - £80 or fit the R33 steering rack like i did since i had it laying next to me.

Intercooler pipes will be a bitch if you have a core with outlets eitherside. For an easier conversion i would recommend a core with both outlets on the passenger side for shorter IC pipework.

As Handsomedez said a gearbox mount will need adapting. Piece of piss. Spacers/a little grind and your there.

Downpipes are CLOSE but the RB turbo does position itself further away so your S14 one will need a cut/shut.

The main problem is cost + heat.

Twin fans + the viscous would be great. But twin fans would work at least. (Probably the route im going)

Good luck!!!

Rides
    Zeldoz that's fantastic mate, really appreciate that!

I'll probably go down the forward facing plenum route so I shouldn't have to much of a problem with the intercooler pipe work.

As for the gear box mount, I am actually a welder/fabricator so that will be a breeze!

Anything else you us can think of that may be of help would be awesome mate!

Rides
    Another quick update for you guys.... Spent a few days getting abit more of the rust patching of the rear end sorted out.
    All the rust has been removed, all the areas have been treated with a rust removing acid, cleaned up with wire power wheel, acid was then applied once more and then finally another clean up with the power wheels before the new panels where welded into place. All the areas behind the panels have been weld through primed as have the rears of the new plates before installation. Here's a few pictures of the progress...

Everything will be fully seam sealed before the epoxy application. The inside of the sills will also be treated.

I've also managed to secure an RB25 from steve109, all be it minus a gearbox, so if anyone knows of a manual RB25 gearbox for sale, please let me know.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good build this. Look forward to seeing how the subframe looks built up.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Keep it coming!

Really need to pull my subframe out and refurb it and poly bush it all. I really want to paint it an outrageous colour!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Good build this. Look forward to seeing how the subframe looks built up.
    Should be getting built up very soon mate. All the zinc coated arms etc are going off to be wet painted soon then it will be built up!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldoz View Post
    Keep it coming!

Really need to pull my subframe out and refurb it and poly bush it all. I really want to paint it an outrageous colour!
    It's well worth doing mate! I'm using Superpro bushing, Bobby at Zealou5 can supply you with a full kit when the time arises...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeykt View Post
    Should be getting built up very soon mate. All the zinc coated arms etc are going off to be wet painted soon then it will be built up!
    Shame, hoping you were going to keep it all the zinc plated colour
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Shame, hoping you were going to keep it all the zinc plated colour
    It'll still be gold mate, the zinc coating gives great protection but I fell it will look 10 times better with a wet paint finish!

Rides
    Hi guys,

I know it's been a long time since my last update, mega busy with work at the moment, but here goes!

The rear end up to the transmission tunnel is now completely rust free, it's had 2 heavy coats of epoxy with a full seam seal in between.
    The fuel tank has been cleaned up, it pretty much looks brand new now!
    I've had Wayne from Zealou5 paint up my lower arms, hubs and towing eye in gold, he's done a wicked job, truly great painter, cannot wait for him to paint the entire car!
    The hubs, lower arms and subframe are now fully kitted out with Super Pro bushes and the Ikeya Formula arms are all in place although the rose joint ends will need to be dropped and have dust boots installed but that's very simple to do!
    The SR20 is fully de loomed, de plumbed and ready to be dropped out ready to be replaced by the RB25!
    I also have an R33 internal handbrake set up which I need to strip and have powder coated ready to be fitted!

We just need to work forward with the rest of the epoxy and get all the front end parts off to powdercoat and zinc!

Here's a few pictures of progress on the rear end!

Last edited by mikeykt; 24-12-2015 at 17:11.

Rides
    Absolutely stunning!

Rides
    I need to get my hands on a diff if anybody knows of one? The one that came with the car is welded....

Also forgot to mention that I have a full conversion loom on its way from the US... DAL quoted me £250 to splice the looms and it was about £350 delivered for a totally new loom from wiring specialties on Black Friday. That's one of their tucked pro-series looms as well, so that was a right bargain!

Rides
    SR20 is now out Thanks to my good mate jay on Boxing Day!!!