Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New car 2012 Ford Focus Titanium with lots of options

Rides
    Well... I just got screwed. Apparently a broken first gear. How the hell does that happen in an automated manual? Seriously, WTF?

I had some jerking and two thumps the previous day and I knew that was an issue with the car (one being a crappy rear mount, the other being a faulty TCM or clutch). Next thing I know the second day, the trans is screeching as I go to pull away at a four way stop, and won't move. Eventually when a warning came on the dash, it seemed to go into safe mode, then drove normally.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a broken gear, and I reckon I'm going to have to engage Ford on this one.

Totally gutted at this point as I certainly cannot afford almost 5000 when I've just forked out 14500 for the car in the first place.

Rides
    Well it is a ford

Im sure someone was going on about this the other day I just cant think who.

Rides
    Well it is a ford

Im sure someone was going on about this the other day I just cant think who.

edit:
    http://m.wtae.com/news/investigation...sions/24333878
    http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fo...problems.shtml

there wasca recall too but not sure if its the one you have
    http://www.cars.com/recalls/ford/focus/2012/

Rides
    LOL... yeah, my wife was straightaway with 'Found On Road Dead'... etc.

Spoken to Ford customer care, and nothing they can (or ar prepared to) do at this point in time. Not too happy with that as the symptoms were a failing TCM/clutch yet they say there is nothing wrong with that etc.

Rides
    I know its a different state but he might give you a few ideas steve lehto http://lehtoslaw.com/. A lemon law lawyer as the yanks say

I like your wifes saying.

Rides
    Fix Or Repair Daily.

Rides
    1980 called, they want their hilarious automotive nonsense back.

Rides
    Material lecturer in 1978.

What time is when a Ford passes another Ford?

Tin past tin.

Asshole didn't teach, he gave dictation from his unpublished book.

Rides
    Apparently my case has been referred to a manager of customer service, so see if that gets me anywhere.

Really regretting getting this car now. Should have just got the Infiniti FX35 like I originally wanted.

Rides
    So after Ford's complete lack of care other than lip service and excuses, I'm having to fork out 5k to get the transmission replaced.

They haven't even bothered to watch the videos I sent them via youtube (using the analytics tool to see). Nice. Real professional and duty of care.

There explanation(AKA Excuse) is that the only thing it could be is the shift drum and that's not related to the Transmission control module or clutch. Hmm... so what controls the gear changes I wonder, magic? No, no, Ford must have found a way for the car to will the gears to move rather than commanding the shift drum to move.

I can't even be bothered to cut and paste the other stuff I put on the Focus forum. Suffice to say, no family member or work colleague is likely to be buying a Ford anytime soon.

Rides
    Is this out of warrentee? Is there no trading standards body in the states you can go to?

Have you actually spoken to Ford or just their dealer network?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    I think thats my main dislike of ford its not the cars they all have problems but ford seem to not try wiggle out or claim there is nothing they can do.

my old man and and alot of my fsmily love ford and wont even look at other cars

But the old man used to buy a new ranger every 12 months for years but the one had this problem where the speedo kept going to the other side so was backwards only a little fault but it could not be repaired it just went in time and time again in the end he traded it in at 5 months old and brought a new one. His current 64 plate sport connect van sounds like its on its last legs yet the fiesta vans he had before lasted very well.

My grandad had the 1.8tdci cmax it had this weird issue when pulling off it would go to stall/major hesitate again went in mulitple times never got fix just traded in you a new merc

I feel for you op it really sucks when you drop a load of money thinking your going to get a reliable car and it ends up not been.