Thread: Not getting notifications of subscribed threads or PMs

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    yeah thats the way i do it,

have done what you suggested so will wait and see
    nope, still broke

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle View Post
    I haven't had any notifications for months.
    You have different settings again, though I can't see why it would have changed a few months ago.

spice_weazle is automatically subscribed to any thread he posts on, but does not get an email when someone else posts on it.

If you are using PC or laptop, then there is a 'notifications' button at the very top of the screen, beside your name.
    Hit that, and the most recent relevant threads should be listed. Older ones can be seen by then clicking on "subscriptions" down the left hand side.

You can change settings within "General settings" down the left hand side there too.
    I think most people knew of those settings many years ago, and chose what they wanted at the time, and then forgot about the other options available

Rides
    No notifications since 15 April.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshack View Post
    No notifications since 15 April.
    Noted. Thanks skyshack.
    Your settings should get an email when others reply.

More info the better on this one.
    Everything looks fine backstage, yet there is a problem.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    You have different settings again, though I can't see why it would have changed a few months ago.

spice_weazle is automatically subscribed to any thread he posts on, but does not get an email when someone else posts on it.

If you are using PC or laptop, then there is a 'notifications' button at the very top of the screen, beside your name.
    Hit that, and the most recent relevant threads should be listed. Older ones can be seen by then clicking on "subscriptions" down the left hand side.

You can change settings within "General settings" down the left hand side there too.
    I think most people knew of those settings many years ago, and chose what they wanted at the time, and then forgot about the other options available
    Right for some reason the box wasnt ticked to allow me to receive notifications. It is now ticked so hopefully that will sort it. I recon I havent received any notifications since the look of the forum was updated, so its been a while. Tapatalk on the other hand bloody bombards me with notifications.

Rides
    85 232 52 15 is on 3 blacklist server lists.

Or is SPF broken?

Rides
    As per Mr Weazle - my box wasn't ticked , so ticked it yesterday come back online tonight to find it unticked again !

Rides
    Mitch forwarded me to here as my emails are broken too. Mine have been down since my green disappeared but was then fixed. Checked settings and all looks fine there to allow email's and PM's etc

Rides
    Mine started working today

Rides
    Mines still broke

Rides
    Mine too. Still not notified for replies to this or a pm I got earlier.
    Member 504

Stu@GarageSR, Aberdeen GarageSR's Avatar
    Rides
    Just noticed this thread, I noticed that I wasn't getting notifications following the conversation Mitch and I had that Mitch mentioned earlier. Having checked my email just now I see that I haven't had a notification since the 15th of April (I know I haven't deleted any as I'm shit at that and usually only do it when I get to 700 odd)

Clickme

Rides
    Haven't had any for a while now

Rides
    Ive just checked in my emails and have found all my notification email, they were hiding in the spam folder. Maybe something has changed in the way the forum sends emails and its filtering it to there for everyone? I have used to different email address' with two different email suppliers and it would appear they are both being put into spam.

Rides
    Yeah they always go to spam for me but they haven't been coming throught at all, spam or otherwise.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    Ive just checked in my emails and have found all my notification email, they were hiding in the spam folder. Maybe something has changed in the way the forum sends emails and its filtering it to there for everyone?
    I should have asked to check spam folders before. That can happen sometimes even when nothing is wrong. You need to tell your own email system that these are not spam, or it will keep happening.

Everyone has different settings and different email providers, so it's hard to nail down a problem pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    Yeah they always go to spam for me but they haven't been coming through at all, spam or otherwise.
    I checked 59bhp the other day, and you were not subscribed automatically, and then checked again just now, and you are not subscribed automatically.
    To check things, I have changed this to 'automatic subscription with email notification'
    Let's see if anything comes through.

spice_weazle said earlier that Tapatalk notifications were working (too) well.
    Is anyone else affected here, also using Tapatalk ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sidejack View Post
    Mine started working today
    And only today - not worked since

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I should have asked to check spam folders before. That can happen sometimes even when nothing is wrong. You need to tell your own email system that these are not spam, or it will keep happening.

Everyone has different settings and different email providers, so it's hard to nail down a problem pattern.

I checked 59bhp the other day, and you were not subscribed automatically, and then checked again just now, and you are not subscribed automatically.
    To check things, I have changed this to 'automatic subscription with email notification'
    Let's see if anything comes through.

spice_weazle said earlier that Tapatalk notifications were working (too) well.
    Is anyone else affected here, also using Tapatalk ?

okay doke

i am subscribed to other threads though and havent been getting pm notifications,

nothing thus far anyways after all the replies.

btw im not complaining, after all this is a free site and not getting email notifications is hardly the end of the world :P

just wanted to help in whatever small way i can

Rides
    Im still not getting email notifications. Like 59bhp says, though, its not the end of the world.

Rides
    13th of April was my last email notification.