Thread: Whats the best brake master cylinder bm44 or bm50

Rides

Talking Whats the best brake master cylinder bm44 or bm50

Hi

I have a Uk s14a. I m running full r32 gtst rear brake setup and r34 gtst front brake setup and hydraulic handbrake with a 0.625 cylinder.

My car had the bm50 master cylinder which i changed for the bm44 (r32 gtst master cylinder) when i was running with standard 200sx front brakes and r32 rear brake setup.

But now i m running r32 rear brakes and r34 front brakes and r34 gtst uses a bm50 master would i be better refitting the bm50 master cylinder?

Rides
    BM44 is worse than the BM50. I fitted one to mine thinking it would be an upgrade but it made it worse. Had quite a lot of pedal travel before the brakes started working, then there really wasn't much between brakes working and locking up.

BM57 is the one you want, ideally with a matching Z32 servo. Huge improvement over the BM44.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    As above really. You basically upgraded to a small bmc before. I've got a bm57 on mine and it's made the pedal a little firmer which is good
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheers. Thats exactly what i have. A soggy pedal at the moment.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'd either refit the standard bmc or go for a bm57 if that's the case as either will be better than what you have
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I've GTST calipers front and rear for the last 6 years while using the standard S14a BMC. Absolutely no issues. The R32 Skyline uses the same BMC and the calipers are basically the same capacity so it should be well matched anyway.

Rides
    Put the bm50 back on. Brakes feel much better. Pretty snappy in the wet though. Think i m gonna invest in a bm57.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by littlet_23 View Post
    Put the bm50 back on. Brakes feel much better. Pretty snappy in the wet though. Think i m gonna invest in a bm57.
    If they're snappy in the wet I wouldn't have thought you needed to go larger. Are you changing the servo's over each time you do the BMC? I found the R34 GTR servo that goes with the R34 GTR BMC too powerful. it felt nice and sharp on the road but was locking the brakes way too easily on the race track. I now have a stock S14 servo with a BM57 and brakes are ace! That's with R33 GTR Brembo's all round.