Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Erection 2015

Rides

Erection 2015

So we are almost 2 weeks away from one of the most important decisions for the next 5 years....... apparently

Labour and Tories neck and neck, with the next largest party being the SNP probably.

I'm resigned to the fact that Ed Milliband will be the next Prime Minister, Ed Balls the Chancellor and Salmond and Sturgeon ending up on the Cabinet

For the last 5 years its been talk of deficit reduction - that's probably going to be blown out the window....

I really feel sorry for the next generation - all the parties are say "We can do better" but can we? I just view the whole lot of them with the contempt they deserve.

Who should I vote for?

Rides
    Green all day long - the fools will give us stupidly quick electric cars that don't need much servicing.

Maybe.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    Green all day long - the fools will give us stupidly quick electric cars that don't need much servicing.

Maybe.
    Just read one of the first things....

Austerity makes the most vulnerable pay for a crisis they did not cause.

So what were Sub Prime mortgages? I can't be the only one to think some people lied about what they earned to get a bigger mortgage?

Rides
    Or the salesman let them lie for his commission? I'm not sure how it works? Did they get their cut at the point of sale? They don't have to pay it back when it defaults?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    Or the salesman let them lie for his commission? I'm not sure how it works? Did they get their cut at the point of sale? They don't have to pay it back when it defaults?
    True, they probably did.... so the blame is 50/50

Rides
    If the SNP get anywhere government, I'll be furious.

I'd be more comfortable sticking with a Conservative led government, the last 5 years have been tricky in some respects, but it's clearly worked economically. I don't have any confidence in Ed Balls, aside from the fact he's a smarmy looking arsehole I don't think he's said a single sensible thing on fiscal policy the entire time he's been shadow chancellor. Say what you like about Osbourne, he is a horrendously bad politician and has a punchable face but he seems to be good with numbers...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    If the SNP get anywhere government, I'll be furious.

I'd be more comfortable sticking with a Conservative led government, the last 5 years have been tricky in some respects, but it's clearly worked economically. I don't have any confidence in Ed Balls, aside from the fact he's a smarmy looking arsehole I don't think he's said a single sensible thing on fiscal policy the entire time he's been shadow chancellor. Say what you like about Osbourne, he is a horrendously bad politician and has a punchable face but he seems to be good with numbers...
    Pretty much sums it up

The last 5 years were always going to be tough because of the mess Labour made of everything but all people see are the nasty Tory party and dreams of less tax and 5% pay rises. How people would prefer to see Millipede going to world summits and representing us is beyond me I still say if his brother had got the job they would have looked a million times more credible as a party but you have the unions to blame for that
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pretty much sums it up

The last 5 years were always going to be tough because of the mess Labour made of everything but all people see are the nasty Tory party and dreams of less tax and 5% pay rises. How people would prefer to see Millipede going to world summits and representing us is beyond me I still say if his brother had got the job they would have looked a million times more credible as a party but you have the unions to blame for that
    Tru dat !

I can't help thinking that the LibDems SHOULD have done themselves some good by demonstrating that they have politicians that can hold down government posts and by proving that they can be a moderating influence on the Tories.

In reality, their support has leached away.

I'd like to see the same lot given another 5 years to finish bringing things back under control then to have some outfit with a vision for spreading the wealth away from just the South East and getting the unemployed (and unemployable) mobilised so they are willing and able to fill all these vacancies that we are currently being told we need EU immigrants for. I just think we'd be better off with local migrants as it will cut the number of UK unemployed/unemployable.

Rides
    What irks me on the SNP side of things is that there has been a massive swing over to them following the referendum because Westminster "wasn't doing enough".

They've effectively offered them what they want, but it means a constitutional change, and no one has come up with a satisfactory answer to why Scottish MPs should have any say on our tax or finance bill when they would have total local control of their own finances. That sort of shit cannot happen overnight, and there was an election lined up 7 months afterwards where no one is going to be looking at massive changes to the current setup. The SNP seem to think they should still have a say in what we're doing, but effectively want to run their own ship. WTF?

Amusingly, a ton of people whine about the current government, but last I checked it was Labour who were saying they were going to bump taxes up to clear the deficit where the Conservatives were not.

Rides
    Zeppelin summed it up for me.

However I am personally still reeling about the expenses scandle. I don't want any of the current lot in. The vote for none of the above has some appeal.

I will probably end voting who ever is pro fixed link to the Island of Wight. The current Tory MP isn't and has shown him self recently to be a massive fcukwit.

Rides
    I can never remember an election before where I ever felt less inclined to vote. Not one party leader stands out as a Prime Minister to be proud of.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I can never remember an election before where I ever felt less inclined to vote. Not one party leader stands out as a Prime Minister to be proud of.
    I don't think we've had the option of one of those in a generation or more have we? I think Milliband's biggest problem for me is that he doesn't come across as being strong enough so he will be made mincemeat of on the world stage and in foreign policy. If he did jump into bed with the SNP to get into power then I think Sturgeon will be seen as the powerhouse in parliament and that I do not want.

The interview he did with Paxman a while back did nothing to persuade me that had some stones. I'm yet to watch his interview with Evan Davies on the BBC, I can't imagine he will have said anything convincing there either.

Rides
    Milliband is a puppet and thats the scary thing, he's a puppet of the unions and he'll be a puppet for SNP.

I can't stand the outright lies that Labour and the SNP dish out, it's a worrying prospect if people vote for them in great numbers.

My current favourite is this woman saying she will represent the interests of the entire UK, she said that while standing here:

Rides
    It's a shame anyone is allowed to vote. Did anyone see Bernie Ecclestone's interview at Abu Dhabi? What's wrong with Formula 1? Answer: It's become too democratic.....

Makes you think..

If Labour get in on the backs of the SNP, It's not Sturgeon we have to worry about, It's Salmond - won't be long before he's Prime Minister for some peculiar reasoning...

Rides
    if the snp get into government then we should all be very very afraid.

they are turn coat bastards. They said they were happy to leave english issues to english MP's and have now back tracked on that. they plan to borrow borrow
    borrow and tax tax tax at a rate much higher than labour plan too.

Added in that despite what they say, they cut a deal with the tories for a vote by vote alliance in Scotland from 2007 to 2011 when they held minority
    scottish government so in reality they will do whatever they need to do to make power grabs

Rides
    I just can't believe that anyone would consider voting Labour back in after the monumental fcuk ups that put us in this shit in the first place.
    Fcuk ups we're all STILL paying for
    Yet they seem to totally forgotten that the current government is basically having to put up with all the flack for trying to clean up Labour's mess.

God help us if the fcuking Greens ever get in We'll all be driving vegetable powered shite at 15mph everywhere.
    SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    if the snp get into government then we should all be very very afraid.

they are turn coat bastards. They said they were happy to leave english issues to english MP's and have now back tracked on that. they plan to borrow borrow
    borrow and tax tax tax at a rate much higher than labour plan too.

Added in that despite what they say, they cut a deal with the tories for a vote by vote alliance in Scotland from 2007 to 2011 when they held minority
    scottish government so in reality they will do whatever they need to do to make power grabs
    You've gotta be worried when even the Scottish don't want SNP in power

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    I just can't believe that anyone would consider voting Labour back in after the monumental fcuk ups that put us in this shit in the first place.
    Fcuk ups we're all STILL paying for
    Yet they seem to totally forgotten that the current government is basically having to put up with all the flack for trying to clean up Labour's mess.
    You should move to Barnsley, their Labour MP got banged up for fiddling his expenses - who won the resulting by-election do you think???

Will be interesting/amusing to see who wins the Rotherham council election, after the disgraceful mess Labour made of that one.

Rides
    In fact wasn't another MP caught fiddling expenses the other month??

You can't trust any of em!

Rides
    You have to appreciate the opposition campaign though...

Our society is now focussed around envy, not aspiration. The opposition are focussed on penalising those that aspire to better themselves, not those that envy others

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    You have to appreciate the opposition campaign though...

Our society is now focussed around envy, not aspiration. The opposition are focussed on penalising those that aspire to better themselves, not those that envy others
    ... and they wondered why the welfare bill was getting out of hand.