Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Weekender 2015 venue Announcement!!!!!! ( No really the detail is inside)

Rides
    Nice one Kieron... Bring it on!

Rides
    I was going to ask, what's the story with the entertainment? Are we going to be SXOC LIVE STAGE again!?

And Rockingham are synonymous with noise complaints aren't they? Hence they're only allowed something like 8 'noisy' days a year or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Last time I got measured I scored 73dB, so I should help balance out a noisy fecker
    That'd be me then 😆

Rides
    Might have to buy a bung. :-(

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_S View Post
    I was going to ask, what's the story with the entertainment? Are we going to be SXOC LIVE STAGE again!?

And Rockingham are synonymous with noise complaints aren't they? Hence they're only allowed something like 8 'noisy' days a year or something.
    Even IF its 98db.....that's hardly a quiet day!
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up guys. I've been to Rockingham twice and never had any issues with noise. Both times I've run without a decat silencer as well so the car's loud. Only track I've ever had noise issues at is Bedford. By christ are they strict.

Rides
    Which day is the track time on? And what time/day can we actually get on site?
    Last edited by SteveCarter200; 17-04-2015 at 07:52.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    guys the booking thread with all details will be up later today and all your questions will be answered.

Rockingham work on an average DB scale so we will have no issues with noise.

Matt_S, you on crack mate, what kinda weekender would it be without a party.

Track Day will be Saturday

Rides
    So I will 100% not need to run a bung Kieran? Can you confirm that?

Rides
    ust had it by email it's 105db static which was more than lass year iirc

Rides
    Heres a thought to those that had/have fears of being over the sound limits on TD's, Don't have stupid loud exhausts? Surely if you are serious enough about doing TD's you would ensure that it will be well under any limit? Noise does not equal power.....

Anyway, I digress. This should be mega. Looking forward to it and well done again Kieran on organising what should be another cracking weekend!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Or those who think they may be over, just pack a bung, its not like they are massive...

Rides
    Flow is arguably the most important aspect of making power - especially for turbo charged engines. Generally speaking, quieter exhausts are more restrictive.

I've done everything I can to quieten down my exhaust within the available space I have in my mid-engined MR2. Sadly I don't have the length of the car to play with when reducing the noise of my exhaust like many of you.

Furthermore my intercooler is boot mounted, just behind the engine, and for that reason my exhaust exits at the side otherwise it would be directly beneath the intercooler - hopefully I don't have to explain why that wouldn't be a good idea.

I'm fine to run a bung but I need a definitive answer on whether I'll need to as my car will need a second map to compensate for the restriction it will add.

I wouldn't say I'm serious about track days but if I'm paying to go on track and Kieran confirms (by proxy of Rockingham) that I will not need a bung and will be allowed on track then I bloody well expect to be allowed on track.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Flow is arguably the most important aspect of making power - especially for turbo charged engines. Generally speaking, quieter exhausts are more restrictive.

I've done everything I can to quieten down my exhaust within the available space I have in my mid-engined MR2. Sadly I don't have the length of the car to play with when reducing the noise of my exhaust like many of you.

Furthermore my intercooler is boot mounted, just behind the engine, and for that reason my exhaust exits at the side otherwise it would be directly beneath the intercooler - hopefully I don't have to explain why that wouldn't be a good idea.

I'm fine to run a bung but I need a definitive answer on whether I'll need to as my car will need a second map to compensate for the restriction it will add.

I wouldn't say I'm serious about track days but if I'm paying to go on track and Kieran confirms (by proxy of Rockingham) that I will not need a bung and will be allowed on track then I bloody well expect to be allowed on track.
    you have rockingham's definitive answer 4 posts below

Rides
    OK, so providing my car is 105db or quieter static I'll have no problems? What does static translate to? Held at half that of your rev limit?

Rides
    Im in.

3 hours away, hopefully have the car on a stage1/2 just for some fun!

May need a bung.. 3' from turbo > backbox. No silencers, no cat..

If my SX isn't ready.. Would anyone object to my S3 Quattro going on track? Would be nice to stretch the dailys legs abit.

Rides
    I have a DB tester that i'll bring with me so anyone can test their cars with and without bungs/extra silencers anyway even if you're curious

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    OK, so providing my car is 105db or quieter static I'll have no problems? What does static translate to? Held at half that of your rev limit?
    Need a confirm from the track or maybe Lee will confirm from his last day at Rocky, but it is usually for a static test (static = Car is at a standstill rather than driveby test) - Tester is 3ft away at a 45 degree angle.

Rides
    Sound test is normally at 45 degree angle of exhaust at 1mtr with revs at 3/4

My car which is quite load passes no problem.

Rides

Just run it the other way and have it exit under the front bumper. Job done...