Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97

Thread: The Weekender 2015 venue Announcement!!!!!! ( No really the detail is inside)

  1. #41
    Guest Giblets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    in the garage
    Posts
    1,154
    Rides
    0
    Nice one Kieron... Bring it on!

  2. #42
    Member Matt_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Colchester, Essex
    Posts
    3,018
    Rides
    0
    I was going to ask, what's the story with the entertainment? Are we going to be SXOC LIVE STAGE again!?

    And Rockingham are synonymous with noise complaints aren't they? Hence they're only allowed something like 8 'noisy' days a year or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

  3. #43
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    2,251
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Last time I got measured I scored 73dB, so I should help balance out a noisy fecker
    That'd be me then 😆

  4. #44
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Salford, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,688
    Rides
    0
    Might have to buy a bung. :-(

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    leconfield, nr beverley
    Posts
    20,294
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_S View Post
    I was going to ask, what's the story with the entertainment? Are we going to be SXOC LIVE STAGE again!?

    And Rockingham are synonymous with noise complaints aren't they? Hence they're only allowed something like 8 'noisy' days a year or something.
    Even IF its 98db.....that's hardly a quiet day!
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

  6. #46
    Guest BLAKTOOTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Benfleet, Essex
    Posts
    4,702
    Rides
    0
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up guys. I've been to Rockingham twice and never had any issues with noise. Both times I've run without a decat silencer as well so the car's loud. Only track I've ever had noise issues at is Bedford. By christ are they strict.

  7. #47
    Guest Stevecarter200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Colchester, Essex, UK
    Posts
    25,474
    Rides
    0
    Which day is the track time on? And what time/day can we actually get on site?
    Last edited by SteveCarter200; 17-04-2015 at 07:52.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

    Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

  8. #48
    TMNT Kieran_E1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    15,332
    Rides
    0
    guys the booking thread with all details will be up later today and all your questions will be answered.

    Rockingham work on an average DB scale so we will have no issues with noise.

    Matt_S, you on crack mate, what kinda weekender would it be without a party.

    Track Day will be Saturday

  9. #49
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Salford, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,688
    Rides
    0
    So I will 100% not need to run a bung Kieran? Can you confirm that?

  10. #50
    TMNT Kieran_E1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    15,332
    Rides
    0
    ust had it by email it's 105db static which was more than lass year iirc

  11. #51
    Guest _Jamie_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tyndrum - Scotland
    Posts
    4,202
    Rides
    0
    Heres a thought to those that had/have fears of being over the sound limits on TD's, Don't have stupid loud exhausts? Surely if you are serious enough about doing TD's you would ensure that it will be well under any limit? Noise does not equal power.....

    Anyway, I digress. This should be mega. Looking forward to it and well done again Kieran on organising what should be another cracking weekend!

  12. #52
    Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
    Posts
    14,050
    Rides
    0
    Or those who think they may be over, just pack a bung, its not like they are massive...



  13. #53
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Salford, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,688
    Rides
    0
    Flow is arguably the most important aspect of making power - especially for turbo charged engines. Generally speaking, quieter exhausts are more restrictive.

    I've done everything I can to quieten down my exhaust within the available space I have in my mid-engined MR2. Sadly I don't have the length of the car to play with when reducing the noise of my exhaust like many of you.

    Furthermore my intercooler is boot mounted, just behind the engine, and for that reason my exhaust exits at the side otherwise it would be directly beneath the intercooler - hopefully I don't have to explain why that wouldn't be a good idea.

    I'm fine to run a bung but I need a definitive answer on whether I'll need to as my car will need a second map to compensate for the restriction it will add.

    I wouldn't say I'm serious about track days but if I'm paying to go on track and Kieran confirms (by proxy of Rockingham) that I will not need a bung and will be allowed on track then I bloody well expect to be allowed on track.

  14. #54
    TMNT Kieran_E1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    15,332
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Flow is arguably the most important aspect of making power - especially for turbo charged engines. Generally speaking, quieter exhausts are more restrictive.

    I've done everything I can to quieten down my exhaust within the available space I have in my mid-engined MR2. Sadly I don't have the length of the car to play with when reducing the noise of my exhaust like many of you.

    Furthermore my intercooler is boot mounted, just behind the engine, and for that reason my exhaust exits at the side otherwise it would be directly beneath the intercooler - hopefully I don't have to explain why that wouldn't be a good idea.

    I'm fine to run a bung but I need a definitive answer on whether I'll need to as my car will need a second map to compensate for the restriction it will add.

    I wouldn't say I'm serious about track days but if I'm paying to go on track and Kieran confirms (by proxy of Rockingham) that I will not need a bung and will be allowed on track then I bloody well expect to be allowed on track.
    you have rockingham's definitive answer 4 posts below

  15. #55
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Salford, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,688
    Rides
    0
    OK, so providing my car is 105db or quieter static I'll have no problems? What does static translate to? Held at half that of your rev limit?

  16. #56
    Guest Zeldoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Eastbourne - East Sussex
    Posts
    1,696
    Rides
    0
    Im in.

    3 hours away, hopefully have the car on a stage1/2 just for some fun!

    May need a bung.. 3' from turbo > backbox. No silencers, no cat..

    If my SX isn't ready.. Would anyone object to my S3 Quattro going on track? Would be nice to stretch the dailys legs abit.

  17. #57
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    2,251
    Rides
    0
    I have a DB tester that i'll bring with me so anyone can test their cars with and without bungs/extra silencers anyway even if you're curious

  18. #58
    NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Durham Coast
    Posts
    10,086
    Rides
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    OK, so providing my car is 105db or quieter static I'll have no problems? What does static translate to? Held at half that of your rev limit?
    Need a confirm from the track or maybe Lee will confirm from his last day at Rocky, but it is usually for a static test (static = Car is at a standstill rather than driveby test) - Tester is 3ft away at a 45 degree angle.

  19. #59
    Guest testpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    9,090
    Rides
    0
    Sound test is normally at 45 degree angle of exhaust at 1mtr with revs at 3/4

    My car which is quite load passes no problem.

  20. #60
    Trade Rep & Great Guy Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    5,321
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I've done everything I can to quieten down my exhaust within the available space I have in my mid-engined MR2. Sadly I don't have the length of the car to play with when reducing the noise of my exhaust like many of you.

    Furthermore my intercooler is boot mounted, just behind the engine, and for that reason my exhaust exits at the side otherwise it would be directly beneath the intercooler - hopefully I don't have to explain why that wouldn't be a good idea.
    Just run it the other way and have it exit under the front bumper. Job done...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •