Thread: Does anyone work for any energy company? Care to explain bills...

Rides

Does anyone work for any energy company? Care to explain bills...

Bit random i know, but there is a mix of people on here who may have a clue...

Basically i bought a house last April and have a fixed tariff until September. My bills have jumped up (doubled in the last 2 months) in gas and electricity.

First off the i submit meter readings every month and the calculations they've done still arnt entirely right... Anyway with these last 2 months they have included ESTIMATED readings and ADDED these to the ACTUAL reading. Therefore im paying twice???? How does that work.

Have they cocked up and what can i do about it?

Many thanks

Rides
    Sounds like they have cocked up, give them a ring and they should sort it, British Gas did it with mine as I submitted a reading one day late so they estimated it then used mine too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Who are you with? I was with EDF and they they did similar to me. My monthly direct debit went form £90pm to £145pm (in several increments not just one big jump) over 6 months even though my boiler was knackered for 2 months. They accused me of giving false meter readings even though the meter was checked by them! They effectively accused me of stealing energy from them. I switched to Scottish power and I received a bill from EDF for £450 for the so called energy I had 'stolen' from them. When I refused to pay and said I was going to report them to the energy watch dog suprise suprise I had a letter saying my complaint had been processed(even though I didnt officially make a complaint) and my debt had been cleared! So they where the ones who where doing the stealing.

I now pay £100pm with scottish power and Im always in credit.