Thread: Grinding coming from below.....

Rides

Grinding coming from below.....

I need some help guys, I'm running out of ideas and different ways of describe my problem to google. I've got an S14a at stage 1a with a welded diff. My car has been making a loud, deep, grinding noise since last winter. It started suddenly after a drive to work in the snow and I haven't driven it much since. The noise happens when I'm accelerating or decelerating but is completely quiet if i hold it at a steady speed i.e. not changing the load on the drive train. So far I've rulled out (changed) the support bearing and clutch and release (throw out) bearing. I've also changed the diff and gearbox oil to no effect other than making my gear changes super slick now. Any suggestions are welcome as I'd really like to get it fixed and get the car to Gatebil 2015.

Rides
    Exhaust touching somewhere?

Rides
    Check if propeller shaft isn't touching that rear metal part that is bolted between tunnel.

Had the same once on s13, support bearing rubber is eccentric and when it was mounted opposite way, propshaft was touching that metal parts and noise was loud, also i could feel that sitting in car that Prop was knocking