Thread: idling problems

Rides

idling problems

Hey guys I'm getting rather peed off with my s14. It's jus had an engine change its had an s15 engine fitted. My problem is it's idles between 1500/2000 rpm an is seriously doing my melon in. The garage that did my engine swap said that they belive it's the idle Control valve so I have another 1 to put on but I'm unsure that will solve the problem :-/. Im bot to confidant in this side of things an was wondering if some1 could help me out or point me in a direction of some1 who can I'm located in the west midlands. I'd rather have some1 more Compitant sort it for me I stead of me making it worse.

Cheers guys

Rides
    I dont no if this will help but you can try cleaning out the AAC valve and the air flow sensor you should then be able to adjust the screw on the AAC valve to reduce the idle

Rides
    Hey pal so so sorry to sound stupid but acrynims ain't my strong point hahaha is the AAC the idle control valve? If so I have removed the control valve and cleaned it out with carb cleaner an left it to drip dry. Could I clean the afm with carb cleaner? Also what's the best way to adjust the screw? I've read I need to unplug the tps and unplug the brown plug on the idle control valve the adjust the screw then shut the car off and an plug em back in?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamth16 View Post
    Hey pal so so sorry to sound stupid but acrynims ain't my strong point hahaha is the AAC the idle control valve? If so I have removed the control valve and cleaned it out with carb cleaner an left it to drip dry. Could I clean the afm with carb cleaner? Also what's the best way to adjust the screw? I've read I need to unplug the tps and unplug the brown plug on the idle control valve the adjust the screw then shut the car off and an plug em back in?
    No worries the AAC valve is the Auxiliary Air Control Valve found on the intake manifold it has a purple and brown conector. Yes you can clean the AFM with carb cleaner but be very very careful they are extreamly delicate one or two squirts is enough. try this first before you mess around with the screw

Rides
    Ok will do ill get that done today. My car is no currently idling jus over 2k I am also gunna check my tps an I know now how to do that. I have a AAC coming today so for a peice of mind an as I have 1 ill throw it on. I was stressing it my be my ecu but my car drives awsome pulls very well no issues. I do get a slight smell of fuel every know and then but I'm guessing that's from my exhaust.

Rides
    Right guys I've checked my tps and I've set it correctly if I have read it right it has to be set between 0.45/0.50 volts and it is I have check the olms over the 1st and 2nd teminals an again from what I have read it needs to be 2 ish at rest between 2/10 depressed and 10 at wide open but my reading are everywhere could some1 confirm it's shagged?

Rides
    have you tried spraying carb cleaner on the outside all over the inlet manifold joints?

Rides
    No I haven't I will give it a go what will I be looking for .

Rides
    The rpm to jump even more. If the intake gaskets are leaking you will have a high idle due to extra air being sucked in, add more fuel (carb cleaner) and it will jump up.

Rides
    Right guys sorted it was my idle control valve I've set my tps an fitted the new valve an there we go idling at 800/850 rpm cheers for the help guys