Thread: Pe1420 turbo plus cams?

Rides

Pe1420 turbo plus cams?

Just wondering if anyone has run a similar setup to what I'm planning and what it was like for them?

Currently I've got a pe1420 turbo, tubular manifold, turbo back 3" exhaust, walbro 255 fuel pump, toyosports fmic (600*300*76mm core). I'm looking at injectors and will be getting a nistune map and probably an apexi avcr or some that ebc. I'm considering cams too but not too sure on this as I've not seen any info on how they would work with this turbo! There's lot of info about it being the fastest spooling turbo for an sr20 but I Dont know how it'd hold up power high up in the rev range so I was thinking if they'd be a set of cams that'd help with this? Just looking for general info/advice for this so all input is welcome!

Rides
    Bump!

Rides
    Anyone? Is it really that rare of a turbo then...

Rides

Rides
    This turbo sounds to good to be true if it does what they claim it will be worth the extra money and work over the gtx series.
    When I brought my old greddy kit from the states it did exactly what they said bolted straight on with no problems if you want it, go for it.

Rides
    The turbo has been used by a fair few, and of those few who I've spoken they've had nothing but good reviews. The power really does kick in very low down in the rev range and is a fair bit more powerful than standard. Max power that's been pushed from these I'm unaware of as I'm not too focused on maximum gains but more about driveability! Also as I said, I Dont know how they are higher up the rev range! On driftworks I was told that using cams with a small turbo was backwards in most cases...anyone able to shed knowledge on this?

Rides
    Anymore info to share?

Rides
    i have no personal experience with this turbo. But imo to small turbo to use with any aftermarket cams. Keep it oem.
    Gonna struggle to get to the 350 hp range with this turbo.