Thread: Problems after fitting Brembos - Advice please

Rides

Unhappy Problems after fitting Brembos - Advice please

So I fitted up my R33 Brembos the other day but I still can't get a nice pedal feel. So far I've:

- Fitted brakes
    - Bled system
    - Engaged ABS
    - Removed battery
    - Rebled system twice (once with car running)

For some reason, I'm still not getting a nice pedal feel. I'm getting a slightly soft feel which firms on second pump. I'm confident that we've bled all air from the system. What I am concerned about is on the first pump, I'm getting a slight "sssh" sound coming from near the servo. It sounds like a vac/air leak? Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I doing something wrong?!

Rides
    I've got a similar feel on my brakes, standard m/c (no and) and k sport front with z32/r33 rear. I've bled the brakes numerous Times so would like to see if any answers you get help.
    Last edited by jackm; 16-03-2015 at 12:18.

Rides
    Try to change BMC from r33

Rides
    I haven't compared a 33 caliper to a stock 14 side by side ,but I suspect the 33 has slightly bigger pistons and more fluid capacity
    so a larger BMC from a 33 or z32 300zx would bring the pedal up to the same as the stock brake set up
    z32/300zx Bm57 in 15/16ths bore size or 1" version, the 1 1/16th version may be too large and give a very short on/off grabby pedal
    I ran my 14a some 8 pot Ksports/356mm disc's with stock rear calipers set up on a stock BMC and I had a very long pedal
    but after years of running cars with crap brakes I have an automatic pump the pedal reflex,
    I kind of knew it would be like it,from reading about swapping calipers V's BMC bore sizes etc,
    just I wanted to try out the K sports
    and I can confirm 2nd pedal dap and its like the car is chained to a concrete pole,ridiculous stopping power

Rides
    You are bleeding both bleed nipples on each caliper, yeah. It sounds obvious but it doesn't hurt to check. The brembos have two per caliper compared to 1 per caliper on the s14 and z32.

Rides
    No ideas about the 'shhhh' noise though.

Rides
    R33 GTST BMC is a waste of time because it's a BM44 so flows less fluid than a standard S14 BMC (BM50). It would make your pedal feel worse. A Z32 BMC (BM57) is the optimum, ideally with a Z32 servo to match. I'm not saying that's your issue, but could be a good time to change them for uprated items and might solve your problem if your original BMC or servo are leaking.

Rides
    I'm going to ask the most obvious question......have you got the calipers mounted the correct way up?