Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rb30 s15

Rides
    It's been awhile since I have been able to update this. I eventually got both sills replaced. Have to say thanks to spice_weazle for the excellent quality replacement sills, it then got all the nasty rust cut out and repaired before it became a bigger problem. Below is the pic taken over the holidays of her just before getting fully rubbed down and a badly needed full respray. Hope to have it back in the next few days and will try get some good pics taken and uploaded then.

Last edited by japgarage; 15-01-2016 at 19:03.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks awesome in that picture mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Man, the sound of that beast on the rr was most cool. Sweet ride dude.

Rides
    Awesome ride you're having! Is it going to have a full re spray in the same color??

Rides
    Car looks great are those RBover fenders, hope to do the same on my 14a this year Rob Keller doing the spraying

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry View Post
    car looks great are those rbover fenders, hope to do the same on my 14a this year rob keller doing the spraying
    stay away from rob keller the butcher!!!!

Rides
    Seen your pics what an A/H of a bloke needs a visit, was light herat'd joke with japgarage.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Seen your pics what an A/H of a bloke needs a visit, was light herat'd joke with japgarage.
    I have seen a few posts about that chap he is an absolute tramp!! I have a guy working on it that comes highly recommended through some very respected names in the drift game.You can't b too careful about who you have work on your car... In the same way guys like "the butcher" need to be careful who they try rip off some people aren't as civil as others!!!

Regarding the arches I know these were custom molded on the car before I bought it but I can't tell you much more than that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift Kef View Post
    Awesome ride you're having! Is it going to have a full re spray in the same color??

Same colour going on it makes the car in my opinion. I had previously considered a matte grey but lost interest in that idea.
    Last edited by japgarage; 18-01-2016 at 17:42.

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing the final result & (finally!!) getting to hear this wee beastie in person at a meet soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the final result & (finally!!) getting to hear this wee beastie in person at a meet soon!
    I'm back in Ireland in March so if there is something worth going to then I'll be there.

Rides
    I had always planned on this colour:

Then Ken got his car painted... so it stayed blue. I think the blue works well

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    I had always planned on this colour:

Then Ken got his car painted... so it stayed blue. I think the blue works well
    Are you regretting selling Ben? That's a nice colour but the blue has really grown on me, it looks awesome...especially on those three days a year when the sun actually shines over here.

Did you ever reinvest in another motor?
    Last edited by japgarage; 23-01-2016 at 15:41.

Rides
    I got some photos today of her with her kit off, I am pretty happy with the job done on replacing the sills including rebuilding the mount for the subframe brace. All fully body Shultzed now which should keep her rust free for awhile. If any on in Ireland is looking for a professional body shop I can highly recommend Mick Welsh at Fine Auto Body Repairs in Castletownroche. He has a lot of pride in his work.

A before and after of the worst of it.

Rides
    Didn't look too bad to begin with (unless I'm missing something??) which is always a good starting point; looks tidy now!

Rides
    Didn't look too bad to begin with (unless I'm missing something??) which is always a good starting point; looks tidy now!
    Ha that was just the first bit I poked
    The sills were completely gone on both sides.

Rides
    I didn't get another toy really, other than wifes MX5 which I keep tinkering with. I have a daily derv now No regrets though, you've clearly got the enthusiasm that car needed to get it where I ran out of skill to get it to - nice job If you can make it, it'd be cool to see it at the Weekender this year, see what it can do on track!

Rides
    I would like to get over to a weekender but with working away again and in the early stages of building a garage and house and new addition to the family my time at home is in high demand. Anyway I couldn't bring it back to the UK and track it with out a bigger turbo setup for some proper boost. The current turbo is only tickling the engine at 0.8Bar and can't keep up after that.

Rides
    What are you running on it at the moment?

Rides
    What are you running on it at the moment?
    It's running an extreme tuners (I would not recommend them) re-engineered Comp CT4 turbo rated at about 500-550hp. It's maxed now with the engine making 540 @ 0.8Bar. It will stay bolted to the engine until it gives up the ghost. As I have other priorities at the moment.

I have looked around and like the Owen Developments ODGT3788HTA it has great response times with 3ltr engines and is rated up to 800bhp. It would set me back a chunk of change to the tune of £2050 + VAT. This will definitely be my reward for getting a house built but by then I may have decided on something else. I'm still toying with the idea of stroking it but might hold of on that until it requires a rebuild.