Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rb30 s15

Rides
    if i was a guy id need fresh joxx...
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Ha, tickling the engine, and 'only' 540hp - I love it Seems like a good problem to have, 0.8 Bar only and over 500hp - I bet there's plenty of people on here running 2bar and getting less power than that

I look forward to seeing what it'll do with a bigger turbo!

Did you change the engine internals at all, or are you still running the ones in there from when you got it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    Did you change the engine internals at all, or are you still running the ones in there from when you got it?
    I hope there is not a hidden message in that question.......?

The internals are all still as the spec you provided (forged rods, pistons and ACL race bearings) when I bought it with the exception of Tomei cams and adjustable gears.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by japgarage View Post
    It's running an extreme tuners (I would not recommend them) re-engineered Comp CT4 turbo rated at about 500-550hp. It's maxed now with the engine making 540 @ 0.8Bar.
    Sooooooo you have good chassis bracing then??

I have looked around and like the Owen Developments ODGT3788HTA it has great response times with 3ltr engines and is rated up to 800bhp. It would set me back a chunk of change to the tune of £2050 + VAT. This will definitely be my reward for getting a house built but by then I may have decided on something else. I'm still toying with the idea of stroking it but might hold of on that until it requires a rebuild.
    Do you think the chassis will actually be able to handle that level of power & in particular if you decide to chuck it around a track? ...or are you throwing in a full cage + more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Do you think the chassis will actually be able to handle that level of power & in particular if you decide to chuck it around a track? ...or are you throwing in a full cage + more?
    I'm not after unrealistic figures being honest it is very driveable at the 540 and I would like to have it get to 650 and park it there, at the end of the day it needs to remain reliable and driveable otherwise what is the point. I'm on my third turbo with this car and I want something that is not running on its limit all the time plus the option to turn it up is always there. The chassis can take that power just look at James Deanes S14a it's running 750 and taking a harder driving than I could ever give mine. This car isn't really for the track as I have 180 there for that. This is a project car and what I drive every few weeks when I'm home from work. I will definitely be getting a cage done it's a must both to stiffen it all up and for safety. After seeing the job a guy in Wexford has done on my brothers Rx7 I know exactly who will be doing it. If I was to stop tinkering with it I may as well sell it....

Rides
    No hidden meaning - just wondered as you had listed what everything was, it's totally out of my brain now what the spec of the parts I used was - it was quite some time ago now! Keep up the good work, and make sure you make it to the weekender, come over with the Irish contingent and it'll be a good time for sure - they're a great bunch

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchap View Post
    No hidden meaning - just wondered as you had listed what everything was, it's totally out of my brain now what the spec of the parts I used was - it was quite some time ago now! Keep up the good work, and make sure you make it to the weekender, come over with the Irish contingent and it'll be a good time for sure - they're a great bunch
    Dug yourself out that one quick!
    I am joking.

I hadn't payed much attention to this build before, wow at the engine.

Rides
    I'm not after unrealistic figures being honest it is very driveable at the 540 and I would like to have it get to 650 and park it there, at the end of the day it needs to remain reliable and driveable otherwise what is the point. I'm on my third turbo with this car and I want something that is not running on its limit all the time plus the option to turn it up is always there. The chassis can take that power just look at James Deanes S14a it's running 750 and taking a harder driving than I could ever give mine. This car isn't really for the track as I have 180 there for that. This is a project car and what I drive every few weeks when I'm home from work. I will definitely be getting a cage done it's a must both to stiffen it all up and for safety. After seeing the job a guy in Wexford has done on my brothers Rx7 I know exactly who will be doing it. If I was to stop tinkering with it I may as well sell it....
    Yeah I get where you're coming from now. Gotta love projects - fun once the time/money/motivation doesn't dry up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Had the car collected today after paint and reports are good. Hard to tell from the photos but it looks good and has definitely freshened the colour up and taken the dull look off it.

Rides
    Some new bits arrived today.

Nice carbon hydro looking forward to testing this baby out...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Twin core GTR intercooler it's a monster compared to the old one. Some fettling required to fit this I think.
    [IMG][/IMG]