Thread: FMIC piping

Rides

FMIC piping

So my fmic piping is looking sorry for itself and is still standard piping on the hot side.

I want to upgrade with new ally piping and silicone joiners but i can only find the cheap s**t ones from china on ebay.... i almost risked it but i know its going to be terrible! Does anyine know where i can get fmic piping for a ca. I dont want to break the bank but ive accepted it might so will jusg bite the bullet! Is it cheaper and easier to just buy a new fmic? My hybrid one has nothing wrong with it so just seems a shame.

Rides
    If you just need a straight pipe for the hot pipe, you can get a 300mm chrome table leg from B&Q and gut it. Looks good and costs around £10. You just need to weld a seam round the ends to stop the silicone blowing off.

For the cold pipe, I have one you can have but I don't know if its the right shape.

Post up a pic of what your current set-up looks like.

Rides
    But i just want one that i can bolt straight in without any issues

Rides
    The only kits I know of that fit are the Apex kits that come with the Apex intercooler.

They only do a bumper-mount FMIC for the S13.

So dig deep and invest in a new intercooler and fitting kit from Apex (if they still do them) then set about fitting it.

Sell on your old one to recover some of the money outlay.