Thread: Z32 rear brake conversion brake line question

Rides

Z32 rear brake conversion brake line question

Afternoon all, have just got a quick question about the z32 rear brake swap I need to ask. When buying the HEL conversion lines do these replace the rigid brake pipe section on the caliper aswell? Or do they just replace the brake hose section?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Err, what do the ends look like?

One should be a female fitting which connects to the hard line on the car, with a groove in it for the securing clip. The other one determines what the line connects to - The other end on the driftworks lines for example are a male threaded fitting which goes straight into the back of the caliper. I think if it connects to the existing caliper hard line it will be a larger female fitting, but I'm not quite sure. Do you have a link/pics of the hel lines?

Rides
    Depends where you buy them from but yeah they should replace the hard pipes on the back of the calipers. There's a metal block (pressure reducer IIRC) before about 6" of brake pipe. I got my hoses from DB Power and they go straight from original brake pipe on the car into the back of the caliper.

Rides
    Drill out the compression fittings and use the stock lines and banjo bolts, that's what I have done.