Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 Australian GP

Rides

F1 Australian GP

Couple of weeks away I know but getting excited.

NEWS- Alonso to miss first GP after advice from doctors.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Yeah just seen that this morning, should be interesting.

Oh btw F1 Predictor League set up http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...08#post6663108

Rides
    Deffo something more sinister to this Mclaren/Alonso thing than they're letting on. An amateur video of the crash shows Alonso un-responsive after the accident even though it was a relatively low speed impact (95mph) in F1 terms lol..

Rides
    I heard it was 143mph?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Deffo something more sinister to this Mclaren/Alonso thing than they're letting on.
    My guess, is that Ron Dennis is saying "dont drive" ... after all if Button takes the car around the track 7 seconds off the pace and then brakes down, no one will notice .... but If Alonso does that, what shareholders McClaren have will up and walk

the extra week to squeeze the juice out the McClaren Lemon might pay off !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ben8000 View Post
    I heard it was 143mph?
    I thought i read it as 143kmh

Rides
    Apparently the impact (similar to landing on a pillow) caused one of Alonso's eyebrows to be knocked 4mm out of place by his ego being pushed to the front of his noggin.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Where was this crash footage, all the clips I've seen he's just sitting in the car.

I do think there is something more to it though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    Where was this crash footage, all the clips I've seen he's just sitting in the car.

I do think there is something more to it though.
    All i saw was the same vid you probably saw where he looked to be unconscious. For all we know he could have has a kers shock or something stupid like that.

Rides
    Can't wait for the start of the season :-) should be a good one In all honesty Mercedes look to still hold all the chips.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    I thought i read it as 143kmh
    Ah could be. I can't remember.

Rides
    I've seen no such video of the crash so I'd say steer clear of speculation. My guess is that, given all the recent talk of concussion in sport (Rugby in particular) it's just doctors orders to give his head time to straighten out. If he had a smash at Melbourne it wouldn't help his already bruised insides.

Magnussen must be on cloud 9 though.

Rides
    Not a bad substitute given it was Kevin's best drive last year in Australia wasn't it?

Rides
    Just read the Alonso thing on FB. Wtf?? Scared on another bump to his head and 'second impact syndrome' May as well just wrap a big duvet round him. Doesn't make sense, he's a racing driver ffs. Get in the car, race, don't crash. If risk is a problem f1 is kind of the wrong gig

Not impressed, and he had been fairly high in my regard after the news footage of him leaving the hospital and saying thanks to the two fit medical lasses that had been 'caring' for him. The man is a Spanish ménage legend
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    He might want to race but Macca's insurers might have other ideas.

Rides
    Sorry could not disagree more, what is the point in him racing when there is chance that if evolved in a 2nd crash that could be his racing career over. Its not worth the risk at all, not to mention I would presume his own life insurance policy would not cover him if he went against medical advice.
    Last edited by Robbhp; 03-03-2015 at 18:41.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbhp View Post
    Sorry could not disagree more, what is the point in him racing when there is chance that if evolved in a 2nd crash that could be his racing career over. Its not worth the risk at all, not to mention I would presume his own life insurance policy would not cover him if he went against medical advice.
    Erm, but any crash could be career-ending. It's a dangerous sport. You take the risk every time you get in the car, previous incident or not. A fall down some stairs could be career-ending...
    power-crazed Head-Mod

Rides
    Could indeed just be he doesnt want to look a prat coming in last behind Button in a misfiring honda powered slug.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbhp View Post
    Disregarding his own racing career. If he isn't fit to drive with 20 or so other drivers out there. He could be a risk to them

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
    Erm, but any crash could be career-ending. It's a dangerous sport. You take the risk every time you get in the car, previous incident or not. A fall down some stairs could be career-ending...
    This is true but he walked away from this crash with a brain injory (although not major) and once rested and recovered it could happen again and he will hopefully get away with ( this is for all drivers) but if he gets in a similar type of crash in two week time it could cause major damage due to the previous injury. Drivers play the chance of luck, as stated they could die or be seriously injured every time they go out on track , they all know this but that's not the point. He has been told by people far more intelligent than him that he should not race as the risk of having a relatively small accident could have disastrous consequences. Can't see how you can't find this reasonable.
    Last edited by Robbhp; 03-03-2015 at 22:55.