Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drugalysers come into force

Rides
    Whether they have the right to or not wont stop Constable McShouty from going about his honourable business

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by anton87 View Post
    hold on.... do the police have the right to collect your DNA at the side of the road? because any swap WILL collect DNA
    lol and what do you think happens when you blow into a breatho?

Just ask for the scratch plate back if you have done nothing wrong. i ask for the breatho tube back

Rides
    I saw on the South Yorkshire police that on the first day of this test being live, they arrested 1 person for failing the test on cannabis and it said it was due to go to court.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    lol and what do you think happens when you blow into a breatho?

Just ask for the scratch plate back if you have done nothing wrong. i ask for the breatho tube back
    They give you the tube back as standard, and they dont get your DNA from the bag. Other than that, great post

Maybe its different in STRAYA, but in the UK that the form
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Surely if you've been standing around passively inhaling enough weed to get you over the limit, then you're too mashed to drive anyways?
    Is there such a thing?

In the Dam they test if you can smoke and drive. It makes people drive slower and more cautious.

No danger to the public IMHO

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    They give you the tube back as standard, and they dont get your DNA from the bag. Other than that, great post

Maybe its different in STRAYA, but in the UK that the form
    Your post makes no sence and you appear to have missed the point and yes its differant here

Other than that great post wink wink

Rides
    I dunno you know.

When a copper asks you for a breath sample, can they legally take the pipe away and collect DNA??
    Unless they have a warrant, or have arrested you for a crime I don't think they can.

Similar things have been to court, and the police have been told they're not allowed to keep prints, DNA or anything else about people who have not been convicted of a crime.

So I'm thinking randomly collecting peoples DNA is probably also off the table??

Rides
    I hope your not missing my point?

Im just saying in responce to make sure either way if your concerned in anyway just ask for what ever back. Unless of course it is the norm.

Rides
    Yea, well we get the pipe back from the alcohol breath machine anyway - the police don't actually touch it after you've blown.

but my point is if they take a mouth swap, for the purposes of drug testing I'm not sure if later on, they can then decide to run your spit and get DNA.

I'm not sure if it's actually legal for them to test the sample for other stuff, without a warrant and such.

Rides
    The drug test here is a plastic scrap across the tongue and its either + or - This test takes about three to five minutes. If the test is positive, it must be confirmed by laboratory testing before charges can be laid

Edit ment to say one would hope pc plod would act honorable and not collect DNA Without a bloody good reason or warrant.
    Last edited by auz200sx; 06-03-2015 at 10:44.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    Is there such a thing?

In the Dam they test if you can smoke and drive. It makes people drive slower and more cautious.

No danger to the public IMHO
    lol

it makes you inattentive when pulling out of junctions for starters, changing lanes etc. otherwise i was generally ok when i used to smoke it. never drove off the road or anything. the limits are definitely a concern for people that do but it's not a good thing to do when driving, or intending on driving.

oh shit... ive got old!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by auz200sx View Post
    I hope your not missing my point?
    I hope you're not telling us we are incorrect regarding UK law when you live on the other side of the world.

In a UK breath test, you are given the tube back whether youre over the limit or not. If they take a swab for drug driving they are NOT allowed to use it for DNA purposes, they have to expressly tell you thats what they were doing and get your permission.

If youre involved in the investigation of a crime, they are not allowed to take DNA samples without your consent and if you are not charged with a crime they cannot retain any samples, fingerprints or DNA.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    they are not allowed to take DNA samples without your consent
    Thats officially...

Unofficially... they have people go round your washing lines scraping samples off your underwear (so make sure you wash it properly)

Rides
    if you are not charged with a crime they cannot retain any samples, fingerprints or DNA.
    Unofficially they also do this, and load your mugshot into some mega database they've been running.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Unofficially... they have people go round your washing lines scraping samples off your underwear (so make sure you wash it properly)
    Stop boasting about your new job dude

And while I have no doubt they are "forgetting" to chuck some stuff away, it couldnt be used in court if they arent supposed to have it in the first place

Rides
    No I think they do collect them and keep with them as for them this is a valuable piece of information for future. Same is true for mugshot. My cousin works with a DUI lawyer and told me all this around a year back. Why anyone won’t love to have their database and records updated?

Rides
    Stop boasting about your new job dude
    I do the bar stool sniffing... not the washing line scraping

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by devid85 View Post
    No I think they do collect them and keep with them as for them this is a valuable piece of information for future. Same is true for mugshot. My cousin works with a DUI lawyer and told me all this around a year back. Why anyone won’t love to have their database and records updated?
    Ooo look ! A non-paranoid Californian....

chasing swine across the sky

Just don't do drugs'n'drive, mkay ?

Rides
    Got one of the questions about a friends, sisters, cousins, mates, aunties, dogs, owners son..

If "said" person was to smoke a slug of a J one evening, followed by a few chaser J's.

At say, 8:30am the next morning would "said" person be over of the "enforced" limit?

Really need to know...

Rides
    I hope you're not telling us we are incorrect regarding UK law when you live on the other side of the world. .
    What gave you that impression?

I think you clearly missed my point.

I mearly stated in response to a concern that dna could be collected at the side of the road via a mouth swob that you had every right to ask for that plastic scrappy thing back. Nothing more nothing less.

Hope that clears that up