Thread: Exhaust fitting

Rides

Exhaust fitting

Had an exhaust fitted by a company very well known for their work on s bodies and skylines ect. But I'm a little unsure on how they've connected the elbow to the rest of the exhaust. Its being held on by set screws from what I can see and feel (like a bolt but with no head). Two can be felt either side of the flange and one is sitting flush on the elbow side and petruding through the other if this makes sense. My exhaust rattles to no end so I'm pretty sure its not fitted right and tbh it doesn't seem safe as there's isn't really much to stop it just falling away fr the elbow. I've got pics and a vid if I can get it up

http://youtu.be/7Pd_vbXzLSQ <<
    Last edited by s14kami; 28-02-2015 at 19:03. Reason: Link to vid

Rides
    There should be studs in the elbow and nuts on the side your picture shows so I presume the buts have vibrated off

Rides
    As chap above posted, it looks like two nuts have fallen off,possibly there is only one holding it onto the elbow
    post a picture of the thread of the protruding stud/bolt I can have a guess at the nut size/thread pitch you would need
    most likely its a 10mm diameter stud but could be a 1.25 or 1.5 thread pitch
    the picture is so blurry it looks smooth
    some washers would be a good idea as well

just paused the video and I think the threads are buggered so possibly not a simple fix it may need new studs in the elbow
    ,the exhaust to gearbox bracket is possibly stopping it fall off
    Last edited by ANDY black s13; 01-03-2015 at 00:30.

Rides
    I'm pretty sure there m10x1.5