Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I expect to find a mint condition s15 steering wheel?

Rides

Can I expect to find a mint condition s15 steering wheel?

Mine looks like crap, so I need to replace it. Worth holding out for a mint one to appear somewhere or should I just go looking for a tasteful aftermarket steering wheel?

Also, any ideas on where to look?

Rides
    Try asking DriftBitz, or Driftworks do a nice selection of Nardi s/w.

Rides
    Could buy one new. Not direct from Nissan clearly, but Amayama show them (shipped direct from Japland) for £175 + delivery and taxes. You'll have to email them to confirm availability and final costs first.

Parts Catalogue page for S15
    Amayama page

Rides
    Could you not have it Refurbed so it look the same just as new.

Rides
    Wow Zeppelin, nice! Not that expensive when you consider how much some of the 2nd hand s15 wheels sell for.

Not sure on the refurb, means I have to take it off which is a problem and then I wonder how good a refurb would actually be? Know anywhere worth recommending?

Regarding the aftermarket options, I suppose I'd want something that looks a bit OEM if possible.

Thanks guys.

Rides
    I think looking at the catalogue that might not come with the centre bit, but if that bit of yours is in good nick then you could reuse that. Otherwise there is a part number for it on that same page.

It's a nifty site, there are some bits I wish to order from them assuming they can get them. For instance a 180SX exhaust manifold is £600 over here but they have them advertised at a little over £100. Assuming that is a genuine price and they can get hold of one, it's a bleedin' bargain!
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 26-02-2015 at 14:17.

Rides
    Yeah, I'm super impressed by that little gem. Nice one buddy

Rides
    Get an awesome retrim by Royals??

http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

Rides
    I sold one today for £50 with airbag, and a mate has one I'm sure he will part with for £70 or less.
    Member 504

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I sold one today for £50 with airbag, and a mate has one I'm sure he will part with for £70 or less.
    Yeah? In decent condition? To be honest mate, if only you were a bit quicker sticking your car up for sale and I probably would have had that ah well, I have my own S15 adventure now. If the wheel's in good nick, I'd love to take it off him.

Ben - funny, I was looking at those this morning but saw mixed reviews. I guess it's going without a wheel that is the reason for hesitating on that one. Thanks for the link mate

Rides
    I'm sure you could easily borrow an S14 wheel, I'd lend you mine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibbers View Post
    Yeah? In decent condition? To be honest mate, if only you were a bit quicker sticking your car up for sale and I probably would have had that ah well, I have my own S15 adventure now. If the wheel's in good nick, I'd love to take it off him.

Ben - funny, I was looking at those this morning but saw mixed reviews. I guess it's going without a wheel that is the reason for hesitating on that one. Thanks for the link mate
    I have a spare s15 wheel without the centre section, I replaced it for a mildly better stock one. They are a nice wheel, really are crap for wear and tear though, majority of s15 in car shots I'v seen show wheels that look like they have done a million miles

£30 plus delivery if you want it for a retrim.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Keep an eye on fleaBay, that's where I got mine. Just depends on how quickly you need one. It's been a while, but when I was looking grotty ones seemed to go from peanuts to about £30, good ones for £60->£80 & minters £100 to £150. Some were worried about posting with the airbag, some don't care!

Stuff posted from Japan, etc. rarely came with the bag.

R.

Rides
    I'll quickly see how a quote looks from Royal, and maybe I'll take you up on the £30 wheel immy if you don't mind. Unless Mitch's buddy's wheel is silly bargain minty lusciousness.

I'd forgotten what it was like to be on SXOC.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibbers View Post
    I'll quickly see how a quote looks from Royal, and maybe I'll take you up on the £30 wheel immy if you don't mind. Unless Mitch's buddy's wheel is silly bargain minty lusciousness.

I'd forgotten what it was like to be on SXOC.
    No worries bud, let us know about the Royal quote. If you take take my wheel then I might consider a retrim myself.

Rides
    I had mine refurbed by DesignLS for £150. Re done with Alcantara and red stitching. Ill grab some pictures if you want.

Rides
    Yeah, sounds good although I've impulse purchased a nardi wheel and boss so I think I'm going to fit that, get a refurb, and then decide which I prefer. Would love to see what yours looks like

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Carta View Post
    I had mine refurbed by DesignLS for £150. Re done with Alcantara and red stitching. Ill grab some pictures if you want.
    I'd like to see some picturess please
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Just got a response from Royal with a bunch of pics. £110 for leather, or £130 with alcantara. Looks incredible if it turns up as the demo pics have. Almost certainly doing this now - would deffo like to see what a retrimmed S15 wheel looks like in the car though, get those pics up!

Rides
    Hopefully end up with something like the Mine's one: