Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bens851's s13

Rides

Bens851's s13

So here we go! My s13 thread!
    Ill start from the start and come up to present I guess!

I bought my s13 in January 2009, pretty much a impulse buy! Always wanted to own a 200 but at 19 I was intending to wait a little longer till I had the money and the experience to have one...
    But... My friend spoted this mint s13 near his house on new years eve 2008, put a note on the car asking if its for sale.. New years day I was going over to take a look at it!
    The guy told me he literally had no plans to buy it but just never drives it any more due to work etc etc...
    So took it for a test drive, when i drove it i floored it in second and changed gear at 5000rpm due to total fear lol
    Got back to his house, in love with the car.... applied for a loan, was accepted and gave him 3k cash for it haha!

So when I got the car it came with....
    Hybrid T25
    Hybrid FMIC
    K&N induction
    Walbro fuel pump
    Stage 2 ecu
    AEZ alloy wheels
    lowered on new shocks
    mongoose exhaust system

Also came with facelift alloys and a few extra spare parts which he threw in, this is how she looked...

ABCD0004.JPG
    ABCD0001.JPG
    ABCD0002.JPG
    ABCD0003.JPG

You can see my beasty micra (too much power)

Bought it and just put it on my drive as a piece of art intending to use it as my daily in roughly a years time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rides
    Ok... so i cant seem to get any more pics uploaded... im thinking the files are too big.... Can anyone enlighten me on the file max file size?

Rides

so after about 2 years.... loads of problems with the turbo/manifold bolts constantly coming loose and also loosing my locking wheel nut down the drain and my rear brakes running down to the metal and covering one of my wheels in rusty metal, I finally got it on the road!

went straight through the mot!! no problems everything was all good!!

purchased a hks mushroom, short shifter and fitted the stupid blitz dump valve cuz I was 20 lol.

refurbushed the rusty wheel

was on the road and used as a daily driver, thought it was time to get rid of that rear spoiler!
    didn't do a bad job of it for one of the first times but didnt fill the holes properly so you could still make out where they were when you look closely

so a year later... no more progress and having moved out with my mrs funds were short and the 200 was SORNed
    the boot still nagging at me and the rear bumper was faded so I thought id give it another bash!!

bumper turned out ok but my mate did the filling on the boot as he said "he was pretty good at it" he's one of these thats like Jay from the Inbetweeners lol so the boot turnes out like the 3 peaks!! lol
    after hours and hours of sanding i got it flat, primed it and then the filler cracked everywhere. so I just left it like that, totally gave up lol.

at the same time I invested in a short runner stainless manifold

the 200 just stayed in the garage till my wifes honda blew up cost us almost 4k for a engine rebuild, and had to run the 200 which passed first time on its mot again! every cloud and all! lol

so after all that bs... the car was SORNed again last April.

Rides
    so.... most recent update!!!

ive come into some money and I have £1500 to spend on the car including getting get roadworthy!
    sooo I thought firstly.... 4 pots!
    managed to get my hands on some locally

purchasing these wheels tomorrow... enkei k95 17" 7j front 8j rears. will be running 225/45 front ans 245/45 rear. planning to get them powder coated in matt black.

planned look

purchased some goodies and got them today!!

removed the rocker covers, cam cover, rear brakes. put them in a pile with the 4 pots to be painted green... thinking focus rs green

cam cover will be black and my mate is making me a spark plug cover.

aswel as this ive purchased all the bits to service her, 2x goodyear eagle f1's for the front and a cusco strut brace (ends painted green also).

ill be looking at getting the windows tinted and a new intercooler pipe kit. also a induction pipe.
    After that ill see how many pennies I have left!!

just a few pics of when I did some work to attempt to align the bumper better (forgot to mention I crashed into a s14 on day 3 of ownership fml) lol

Rides
    Hi Ben and welcome

I am skim reading a bit at this time of night, but couldn't help but notice the leap from Micra to 200SX (loved the fear on the testdrive bit btw ) and am now wondering whether the leap was up, or sideways, or down. Micras tend to have less hassle factor.

and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben851
    forgot to mention I crashed into a s14 on day 3 of ownership
    You must not do that. S14s can crash into S13s. It's a status thing.

Otherwise, it looks like you're having some fun with it

Rides
    to be fair on my part mate it waa totally his fault lol. I was following him coming up to a roundabout, he stopped 10 foot before the line :s I slammed the brakes on in the wet not knowing I had a dodgy abs sensor that always knocked it out and it didnt work so I jusy gracefully slid into him taking out his rear bumper lol
    obviously I hit him... my fault... but not my fault his fault

Rides

that's the damage to mine... its a little more aligned now but ive given up. I need a new bumper and wing to get it perfect. can't source a black one so not going to spend the money on getting them painted I have more important things to do! lol

Rides
    soo collected my new wheels last night. Enkei k95 7j front 8j rear. Test fitting them later so will take more pics!

Rides
    so first test fit!! what do you guys think??
    now they ade fitted im unsure whether to just refurb them the same colour or satin black! opinions please!!
    im thinking i might need a spacer on the front for the 4 pots. rears I think might be ok.

Rides
    looks good mate, liking the wheels to, dont no if black would be a bit much as the cars black just my opinion though

Rides
    yes but stealth is my plan!! lol

painting calipers something likw this colour...

big statement I know but I think it will look mint!!

Rides
    So guys update!
    Progress on my new wheels. My mate has acid dipped them and they have come out beautiful! He said that its unlikely that anyone will be able to polish them up because of the shape. What do you guys think??

Rides
    Paint them black.

Rides
    I was going to but painting them black wont show the detail of them enough so I don't really want to any more! This is way harder than I want it to be! Lol

Rides
    So just a update on the wheels.
    Started to polish them done the first stage of the spokes. About 4 hours in ao far! All are now looking like this. The first picture is just a beforr and after comparison.

The plan is to polish the face and rim and then paint the inside of the rim satin black.

Rides
    The rims look much better.

Rides
    Thanks mate. Got the rim to do still and also the final polish and then resin protector stuff. So they will be gleaming!

Rides
    looks like a nice one you got there man.
    s14 calipers and rebuild kits, i have the same sat here being put off. what a total bastardo of a job lol, enjoy.
    the green bits im not so sure of cos it makes me think of chavvy monster energy stickers haha.

Rides
    Its darker green than that now lol. Plus im painting the front side of the caliper green and the back side black because it will be too much green if i paint the whole thing!!

Rides
    So just an update with some pictures! Decided on the green now....

Also bought some second hand tein coilovers which are also going that colour, they are primed ready for their rub down for paint!

Also decided to take off and polish the inlet manifold, im around 2 hours in so far and at this stage....

just keep taking more and more bits off lol