Thread: insurance prang advice?

Rides

insurance prang advice?

Evening all, not really sure if this is the right section for this but...

Basically someone has reversed into my front bumper at low speed whilst i was at work. They stopped and spoke to my parents where they left their address and details. Couldn't get hold of them so went round to the house.. local to me. Basically got told what happened..she wasnt looking or paying attention im told, low speed 'nudge' whist reversing into my front bumper. No witnesses either.
    They said they were happy to pay for damage up to a certain amount in cash to settle, if its more than they deem acceptable/more than their excess, they will go insurance route. Heres a pic of the damage, bumper seems ok. It was actually not attached to the car as i have the radiator, grille, and intercooler out of the car. Just after any advice sxoc'ers.
    And it was a genuine Navan bumper

Cheers!

Rides
    Looks like it has been repaired and resprayed previously and that's why it has cracked all the paint/primer like that. As long as all the little cracks/crazing in the paint is removed before filler/primer/ paint, it should repair up just fine. I gotta do pretty much the same damage on my Navan bumper as it had been bumped before I got it.

Rides
    Id take the cash payment but please check there is no other damage behind the bumper.

As mike says looks like a easish repair but i think you need to budget 200-250 but I'm not body expert.

Rides
    Bad times.

However I wish mine was only as bad as yours.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Another navan bumper and paint shouldn't cost more than £400 surely. Take the money and get it sorted
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Just get it painted, probably looking at £200-300. Get a quote and take it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.