Thread: Fusebox relocation

Rides

Fusebox relocation

I'm in the middle of moving my fuse box under the dash on the passengers side of the car in my 14, just got a few bits I'm not sure about.

I had two looms so I've snipped and made the wires longer to run the headlights, side lights, indicators. I'm planning on using the earths in the engine bay ( attached to my head light plugs) will it the be okay to snip the earths off my "interior" loom from the old headlight etc plugs?

What do I actually need to run off the gearbox loom?

Can I snip and get rid of these wires?

Also what does this pipe do?

Thanks for the help!

Rides
    Pretty sure the wires/plug are for the brake reservoir fluid level sensor although the plug doesn't look right if you could get a better picture of the plug I'll be 100% on what it's for. If you chop it you'll have a light come up on the dash and the pipes are for your carbon canister.

Rides
    And for the gearbox loom you've got the speed sensor, reverse light switch & neutral position switch so yer extend all of them. Done mine a while ago and it can be a bit of a pain but definitely worth it in the end, Good luck!

Rides
    Will do mate! Yeah sorry about crappy pictures

Thought they where so I can rip them out finally!

Rides
    I relocated mine a while ago, that plug in the first pic looks like the abs one if I remember correctly (can remove if you don't have it...).

As for that pipe its for the carbon canister (which looks to have been removed already), runs right back to the fuel tank, I've cut mine right back to near the fuel tank (just after the non return valve).

Gearbox loom, I left everything intact, I had to extend one or two of the wires...

Rides
    That makes sense it being to do with the abs it heads that way, I had trimmed it out my old loom but wanted to double check before completely cutting it out

How did you run your gearbox loom davus? Straight down into the tunnel?

Rides
    ah my memory failed me chopped out all my abs years ago now lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by samburgess View Post
    That makes sense it being to do with the abs it heads that way, I had trimmed it out my old loom but wanted to double check before completely cutting it out

How did you run your gearbox loom davus? Straight down into the tunnel?
    The gearbox loom is the only thing now which runs out the big hole in the drivers arch, it then kinda routes to the gearbox as normal if that makes sense.

Going straight through the tunnel is a good shout though, might have to get the drill out at the weekend as it'll mean I can free the arches of wire and tuck the bay some more

Rides
    Yeah that was my thinking mate, just go straight from the fuse box, passenger side of the tunnel and it's there lol, just need to run power to the starter then basically isn't it