Thread: Ice And Other Drivers

Rides

Ice And Other Drivers

Bad news.

Another dead 200sx s14a.

Was driving to work and had left the B-road for the small almost single track road. (two cars can pass). Got to a corner which has a sheepish upwards hill after it. Came around the corner slowly as if something was coming I could get over onto verge potholes on side of road without destroying the car and saw ford fiesta in middle of road so got over onto verge and then put car into hedge. (Not enough speed to get though so it stopped me). Ford Fiesta than wiped the side of my car out.

The road was covered in sheet ice. As one might expect given the conditions.

Asked if the lass was ok and then helped her out as the door would not open very much.
    r
    I quickly decided we where in a very dangerous place so got her to turn around and followed her back to her house a mile away so were could sort paper work out and it meant the cars were off the road.

Then drove mine to work a few miles away and noticed the suspension was broken as the steering was awful. Bent track-rod.

She has been spot on and informed her insurance it was her fault. So now I am dealing with them.

Even had Good-Year winter tyres on so could deal with Snow.

So now the important question.

Value

Clean 200sx s14a Touring Emerald Green with good condition cream leather.

(Needed wash on outside) but other wise a very tidy rust free car with no mechanical faults / dents / damage etc.

Has Tein super streets/ HKS super silent / Apexi air filter / DS2500 pads with rebuild callipers.

I have a feeling the insurance company are going to offer a pitiful amount of money for it.

20150217_110521 - Copy.jpg
    side.jpg

Sorry everyone for the death of another.

Rides
    Personally id have just got some cash off the women and fixed it

These days it's going to cost 3-4k maybe more for a super clean one.

Rides
    Sorry to read that seems like not much else could be done to avoid it (apart from not going to work)
    Its worth as ghost mentioned about 3>4kish going by the prices on here they are selling for
    if the insurance company will value it the same is something to look into
    Buy it back if its wrote off,as looks like an easy ish fix
    f/bumper,wing,door and rear over's,as its a glancing blow probs only the steering rod is the bent parts underneath?

And they are some seriously massive chickens

Rides
    That's a shame, mate. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to stop someone else making a mistake and taking you and your car with them.

Hopefully, you have some detailed pictures showing the cars condition before the crash.

If not, try to get some good pics now of the underside, under the bonnet and the interior BEFORE its taken away.

If the car was a rust-free low miler, even pics taken now should show that and they should be providing you with the funds to replace the car with an undamaged car in similar condition/mileage.

Also start collecting adverts on here, autotrader, pistonheads etc to demonstrate the going rate for a decent 14a as they have risen in price recently and are likely to keep doing so.

If you've not had it long and you have a receipt from when you bought it, that may also help.

Rides
    Had it quite a long time.

Track rod is bent. As long as chassis rails are straight and the door mount and lock are not damaged then I will rebuild it.

The insurance company will not be taking my property and have already agreed to pay out and allow me to keep the car.

The concern with the door is because it does not shut properly but I am hopeful its a just a damaged door.

So

1. New drivers door.
    2. pair of wings. (Passenger damaged from hedge).
    3. New left indicator.
    4. New right indicator in bumper. The hedge again.
    5. New tyre. Maybe two. Rear will need inspecting.
    6. Maybe new wheel. (I have spares)
    7. Maybe new bumper.

Headlights have some how survived.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I have a door here in emerald green that you can have for postage costs I may have standard orange side repeaters too if they are of any use?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Cheers

Hoping I have a door in a storage shed somewhere.

Found the clear repeater from where I hedged the car.

1. Wait for insurance engineer to tell me the car is worth £500
    2. Strip trim off drivers side to inspect for structural damage.
    3. Wings / wheels /door off and check for chassis rail damage and door hinge mounts.

If no structural damage to shell.

1. Get hammer.
    2. Get bigger hammer.
    3. Hit things.
    4. Replace wings / lights.
    5. Repair bumper.
    6. Replace door.

Will be looking to get wings and side light after deciding if it can be saved.

Rides
    if you need a door i have one in emerald green but im a bit far away

Rides
    I think I have one as the van that killed the last one did the passenger door.

Starting to get ready to fight the insurance company for what a 200 is worth these days.

And they have given me a lovely Toyota Aygo as all the decent cars are out.

Rides
    Got any side on pics and more of the door to wing edge? Also a picture on the bonnet to wing gap on the non swiped side?
    That 1/4 is in a pretty bad way and wouldn't be cheap to get looking right again. A side swipe shouldn't have moved the chassis rails so you should be ok there, hopefully! It looks like the door has been hit on the front edge with some force so you might have a bent A pillar in which case it isn't a simple DIY job to fix.
    Don't start hitting things/cutting things or removing anything apart from the drivers side wing, door and the front bumper. Get a straight door and wing on there and see how bad the gaps are. It will give you a much better idea of what has moved.

Rides
    I know it's a bit cheating but if you can straighten the quarter up by the door you could always stick some over fenders on.

Seen them go for less than 80 quid on the ebay

Rides
    Pretty sure i have some standard 14a bumper sidelight/indicator clusters in the garage, yours for postage if you need them

Rides
    Know it's a lot more work, but how about going down the reshell route? The rear quarter looks like a bit of work and after getting it all straight, etc. it might have been easier just to reshell it - of course cost of doors, etc but just an idea

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    TBF, if its not your fault then they should offer to repair the car, I dont think anyone can claim they are only worth £500 these days either. Im sure the SXOC chairman would be happy to write a ltter stating his opinion on the value if it came to it .....
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Good and bad news.

Her insurance have offered a settlement for sensible money once we loose the salvage charge.

The bad news is the shell is likely bent. I think its pushed the suspension tower over.

20150225_190719_s.jpg
    20150225_190748s.jpg
    20150225_190728s.jpg

It was dark last night but I will try and get some better pictures.