Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who's back in the........house

Rides

Guess who's back in the........house

Morning all,

After missing out on a 200 18 months ago (guy pulled out on the agreed price) I bought an 04 plate 1.8 MX5, had loads of fun with it but I wanna go back to a turbo, I sold my last 200 back in 2005 but I've missed it everyday, when the summer comes and the prices of MX5 go back up I'm gonna sell it and look for a 200 again, problem is I want something low mileage and not a drift car but there are non about

Anyway just wanted to say hi guys and hopefully I'll be back for good soon

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Bloody hell, its been a while ..........

There are still some untouched low milers about but not a lot these days, if youre buying in summer you might want to start looking now
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Cheers mate, I do miss my 200 so much, I was looking at video of it last night from back in the day, I considered some other cars like Impreza's, etc but non of them appeal like the S14, my 6 month probation finishes in work in April so I might get a loan then, only thing holding me back atm is the MX5's don't sell until the weather gets better so I wouldn't get much interest.

I've been looking around for a month or so and few 200's I've seen nation wide on ebay and Auto Trader (only about 15 at a time) are either chav'd up for have about 140k on the clock and realistically I want one with no more than 100k on the clock for about £6k, I'm only going to lower it, exhaust, filter, bov and decat really cos I need it to be reliable as a daily driver.

How many of the old lads are still on here? the likes of Matt J, Cuddy, StuyMac, etc don't seem to be around anymore

Rides
    Erm ....... not many from 2001/2002 left TBH - Ive still got MattJ (and AndyF) on Failbook but Stu and Kuddy are long gone.

For LOLS Ive just done a search and weve still got Nismo Mark, arry, Bren, Kev, sideways14a, Deacon, Johnny, Ken, Steve Carter, *****, Jon, Actual Ben Taylor, Vidal Babboon, Dunc, Ash_T, Scottie, Chris B, Little Dan, P.Nicholas and Clai Cerrig who are active, joined before 05/2003 and have 2K+ posts, not many TBH
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    1 month....
    I feel left out

Welcome back(ish) Paul

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    1 month....
    I feel left out

Welcome back(ish) Paul
    I missed the cut by 10 months

Even when I joined they were talking about the good old days when the club was a right laugh and they had someone decent in charge

...and before you ask, its a 13 and no you can't

Rides
    Just seen GrahamB is selling his black s14a.

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...14a-(USS-DEFI)

That's a lovely car.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 13-02-2015 at 13:28.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Erm ....... not many from 2001/2002 left TBH - Ive still got MattJ (and AndyF) on Failbook but Stu and Kuddy are long gone.

For LOLS Ive just done a search and weve still got Nismo Mark, arry, Bren, Kev, sideways14a, Deacon, Johnny, Ken, Steve Carter, *****, Jon, Actual Ben Taylor, Vidal Babboon, Dunc, Ash_T, Scottie, Chris B, Little Dan, P.Nicholas and Clai Cerrig who are active, joined before 05/2003 and have 2K+ posts, not many TBH
    Who is this Nismo Mark you speak of ???

Welcome back Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    There's an awful lot of shite posted on this board

SXOC Member #62SXOCCar Gone & ZX-12RPS4 - AFKAN
    Pessimists are people without dreams. dhún an doras ar do bhealach amach...Wii - 2031 7909 3288 5367
    Gamers Read This...

Rides
    Old school...

Rides
    At least some of the old guard are still knocking about, I know Stuy wanted to get into Skylines but haven't spoken to him for years.

I've got my mind set on another 200 now, I wanted one when I bought my MX5 but only had £3200 and there weren't any for that price, gonna have to get a loan but it's gotta be done, I only sold my old 200 cos I was getting married (but got divorced, f'in typical) so it wasn't out of choice, the 200 ticks all the boxes really cos I've got a bulldog and need a back seat, it's not bad on fuel, big enough for a trip down to Cornwall, easy to tune, good owners community and not bad on insurance

Graham's looks nice, love the cockpit at night, if I had the money I would have that or the W reg one that's in the sale section but I guess I'll just have keep waiting until my probation at work is over (4 months into my 6 months), I keep torturing myself looking around while I don't have the cash, gotta stop it

Rides
    Hahaha, I knew this would get some of the oldtimers out of the woodwork

Rides
    I might reminisce tonight but looking through all the old Mr Akimoto 'worlds fastest S14' threads
    Last edited by Paul C; 13-02-2015 at 14:07.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Hahaha, I knew this would get some of the oldtimers out of the woodwork
    Less of the old, i did notice you missed me off the list...

I expect we are all looking older, other than Tom, he always looked to baby of the bunch.

I saw a picture of B a few months back, grey hair

Rides
    Welcome back

Rides
    So who's got the best S14 on here these days? always loved Phil Morrison's batmobile S14 back in the day and I think Rich had the fastest S13, I'm guessing a lot of people have S15's now as well seeing as the price of them has dropped, I wouldn't mind one but for some reason the price of Jap import insurance is sky high even though I'm 36 with 10 year no claims and driving since '98 :/

Rides
    Have you looked into importing one? It is a bit of a waiting game but you can get a silvia s14, grade 3.5 maybe even 4 if you are lucky, for around 4k, depending on exchange rates.

Rides
    I'd have to look into it I guess cos of the insurance, I can get full comp on an S14 for £500 which is about £50 more than my MX5, plus I've got more knowledge on the S14 and a lot more parts knocking about, I do love the S15 as well though, a lot to consider I guess.

Rides
    Try Greenlight or Sky on here but bear in mind its gonna cost you north of 8K for any sort of decent 15.

Rich's 13 got broken many years ago and Phil went off to be king of Driftworks.

Most of the old hands that are still around don't have 200s any more and most of the focus is on street modded cars or drift cars rather than big power cars.

Plenty of people running 300+ but mostly on a limited budget.

More S13s around running SRs than CAs too nowadays I reckon.

Haven't seen an S12 in years.

Rides
    Welcome back Paul