Thread: Japspeed HMIC

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides

Japspeed HMIC

Has anyone fitted one of the japspeed HMIC kits to an s14 yet?

Can this kit be run if the abs etc is still in the car as from what i've seen the pipework on the hot side goes through where the air con related gubbins is located?

Can you still run a decent battery in the front?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Mate i have bought one, pile of crap i must say. no fitting instructions for brackets, no bolts supplied, brackets that dont give it the correct sit with headlights installed (s14). gave up on it in the end and bought a driftworks one. Also it doesnt mention on the description that the cold side pipework does not have a dump valve take off . They advised me to run pigeon mod to overcome this problem, which wasn't any help at all as id rather not just leave my recirc sitting in the garage. Air con removal required yes, cutting the front end for pipes also needed. Would have been able to use my westco/(mx5) battery with it tho. ABS? its well away from that. I also found that the hot side pipe was touching my maf plug (standard intake piping, apexi filter). and i wouldnt say i was pleased at where the pipe joins the cooler bends either.

Rant over... and questions :P ?

Rides
    Sounds awful!

Rides
    Im selling my Powered by Max HMIC kit very soon dude if you're interested. Its with the S14a cold pipe and T28 hot pipe

Rides
    Imo they are useless ever felt how hot your radiator is? Well due the intercooler sitting very close to it the heat transfers so you won probley be better just to run a pipe straight from the turbo to throttle body at that ppoint

Rides
    You say that, but after being on track my cold side was quite effective. The other thing to consider is the fin density found within Japspeed & eBay cores.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I've still got my air con which I intend to keep, if any of the high mount kits need this removing its a non starter for me

Cheers for the feedback on the japspeed kit btw mate
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue