Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driftland Open day Sunday15th March

Rides

Driftland Open day Sunday15th March

***This is no longer an SXOC drift day, but a Driftland open day, do not pay money to SXOC***

The 1st ever SXOC @ Driftland day will be held on Sunday the 15th March

Most drifters in Scotland im sure will have visited Driftland already, but just incase the postcode is KY5 9HG
    The bonus of Driftland is its literally 2 mins off the A92 which is a Dual carriageway that comes right off the M90, so almost the entire journey can be done on decent roads.
    For those living in a cave for the past couple of years who only know Crail, then i would explain Driftland as a smaller track than crail definitely, but with a far better surface, which actually stays consistent all the way round.
    The course is tighter too, so your going to have to work harder to keep the momentum up and the car on the track, which means that when you do, its much more rewarding

It means that lazy drifters like me actually have to put in a shift

The format for this day is a minimum of 20 drivers paying £36.50 as a member of SXOC or £46.50 as a non member.
    This pays for 1 driver and 1 other for pit crew etc, these 2 must arrive together for the pit crew to get free entry.

We need this minimum of 20 for the day to go ahead, and at this number, SXOC still makes a loss, but an acceptable one, and we need that 20 in the next two weeks, so we must be at 20 drivers by the 23rd Feb.

This will give us run time of 11am till 3pm.
    If we get to 25 drivers, then the track time will be upped and we will run from 11am to 4:30pm

The day will start open pit, and i plan to keep it that way, the only way that will change through the day is if we notice that the waiting times are getting larger because of people being selfish...... i honestly dont see this as being a problem, but Jeek has warned this has happened in the past.
    I think on the day if its noticed it may just be a case of waving a flag to individuals (not the whole track) to come off, to let others on, but basically im just trying to be as transparent as possible here.
    I want to stay open pit, i plan to stay open pit, but ill not guarantee it because this is the first day we have ran here.

Im hoping for 25 drivers, and will definitely cap it in the unlikely event that we get to 30 drivers.
    SXOC days have always been known for excellent time on track, and i DO NOT want that to change.
    This will be our first day at Driftland, but if all goes to plan ill be looking to arrange another 2-3 days this year, and 3-4 a year in the future.

If we find that in actual fact 25 drivers is too much, then id look to increase the price and reduce the drivers in future days.
    Im well aware that the cost of the venue is only part of the cost to a drifter, and i would rather pay a bit more to make sure i get max track time, however driftland has been running days with over 60 drivers at times, so i would think that with an absolute max of half of that, we should be set for a great day of massive track time and little to no wait time.

Payment window is open to all right away because i want the day to go ahead, and we only have 2 weeks to fill it.

The list below shows who has paid, your name will not appear here until i have confirmed the PayPal payment has arrived.
    If you have paid, but your name does not appear after a few days either post on this thread or pm me.

Drivers
    1. Kev Member Paid
    2. Stevie B non-Member Paid
    3. Fishter1 Member Paid
    4. J13-lek Member Paid
    5. Jaygocool Member Paid
    6. Jonny macMember Paid
    7. Immy Member Paid
    8. Zabbynon-Member Paid
    9. ChinMember Paid
    10.Cheesebert Member Paid
    11. hamiMember Paid
    12. j manMember Paid
    13. Andy s13Member Paid
    14. Gary.Member Paid
    15. WildWestMember Paid

There will be NO PAYING ON THE DAY,
    Turn up on the day and you will be turned away

Membership costs £20, so basic maths tells you if your planning on attending 2 or more of the days we plan to arrange each year, its beneficial and cost effective to be a member, never mind the many other benefits of membership

There will be no list of "I want to go" cos its bollox, the only thing that secures your space is the money in SXOC's PayPal account, details of which are below.

If for whatever reason you have to pull out of this after you have paid, it will be up to you to sell your place, no-one else, SXOC will help where it can, but please remember it is your responsibility.

Helmets are compulsory.
    Roll cages and fire extinguishers are strongly recommended, but not compulsory
    Roll bars are compulsary for Soft tops

DO NOT BRING ALCOHOL OR DRUGS TO THIS DAY, this is a motor sport day, not a piss up, if you or your spectators bring alcohol or drugs to this day, you will be banned from future days. You invite them along, you are responsible for them.

***********PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO PAYING AND AMOUNT**********

Basically the club got its arse kicked by paypal for everything going through from these days as a gift, so we have to pay the fee now

To pay:-
    payment to be made through paypal as usual and as the picture below:-

DO NOT SEND AS A GIFT!

So its to be sent to events@sxoc.com, under the Purchase tab as a service, and as a Member you will be sending £36.50, and as a Non-member you will be sending £46.50.

Onto the next tab and it will be as below, except the Location and date obviously

So in the subject box "SXOC March Driftland Day, Username (whatever your SXOC Username is)"
    In the message box "SXOC Driftland Day 15th March 2015"

Please try to fill it in right, it makes it much easier to sort payments

I will update this post with those who have paid every few days.
    Tyre changing facilities on site.
    Changes £5 a tyre and £2 disposal
    Tyres £5 each

So if you want two rears bought, swapped and disposed, your looking at £24

Spectators and passengers

Spectator price for non-members = £10
    Spectator price for member = Free

Passenger lap price for non-members = £5
    Passenger price for members = Free

Passengers mst also wear a helmet, so make sure you all bring a skid lid!

Food
    I will not be bringing the bbq up to Driftland, honestly ive been hauling it about for about 7 or 8 years, and for me the novelty has worn off.
    However Jeek does have on site catering that does regular burger van stuff.

I know that members who are used to turning up to SXOC days are used to getting a little food and drink, so if your turning up as an SXOC member then not only do you get free entry, not only do you get free passenger rides, you also get a free lunch.

I need to finalise details with Jeek about this, but it will likely be a case of the rep will hand out either tokens or bands to members which will be handed over to the catering staff on site, this will entitle you to a drink and a bit of grub, so maybe like a poke of chips and a can of irn bru, or a burger and a can of diet coke.

So if your a non-driving Member, you can basically make up your membership fee in one visit to Driftland.
    Cant say much fairer than that.

To qualify for all of these, you MUST produce your CURRENT membership card, both to the gate for the free entry, sign on for free passengers, and to your rep for the free food.

To be able to dive on this day you must bring your driving license

SO get signing up for the day and get joining up to the club

Kev
    Last edited by Kev; 04-03-2015 at 20:44.
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Appreciate the work in making this happen.

"Roll cages and fire extinguishers are strongly recommended, but not compulsory"

Just to make sure, are roll cages/bars compulsory for soft tops?
    Need to bring driving licence?
    The reason I ask is normally it's a yes yes to the above.

Rides
    Good points mate, added in thanks
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Paid, should be a good day

Rides
    Soon as my day off work is confirmed; Il be paid up for a driver... Im a regular at driftland, but want to attend mainly for the banter envolved in SXOC days. If you never made the crail days, dont hesitate to sign up. Always great days to learn, in a friendly enviroment. Nice touch with the free lunch too kev!

Rides
    Cheers Hami

List updated guys
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Awesome, will be paying for my space this friday! looking forward to meet some of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    You sent £36.50 GBP to Nissan 200SX Owners Club

add me to the list please

member paid

Rides
    Take it this is a closed day like the Crail days were, only people booked through us?

Rides
    That's the plan Adrian, but at the moment it's looking mote likely it will be cancelled, only a few days left to pay up, just over a quarter of the required number paid up
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    guess it's just not the time of year....in the better weather!

Rides
    Is there a way we can advertise it to other members? I'm sure a few from the North may be interested

Rides
    Just paid for 2
    Plast it on facebook

Rides
    ill be paying for this to along with lindsay but its not looking like were going to get anywhere near 20 people

Rides
    We have had days at the same time of year for the past 5 years Jordan.
    my gut feeling at this point is there is just no appetite for the sxoc drift days anymore
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Shame after all the work you've put in over the years.

Rides
    Take all the names and book a private day between us all ��

Rides
    Paid!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by j13-lek View Post
    Take all the names and book a private day between us all ��
    I'm in! If we get 8 of us we could do 4 hours of track time during the week for £50 each. Yup it would mean a bit of arranging with time off but I would be sweet. Doubt my body could hold up to 4 hours of awesome fun but I'd give it a bash!

Rides
    Well after the two weeks we are at 10.
    SXOC can't take a £480 loss for a regional event.

I'm gonna give it 1 more week since a lot of people are paid at the end of the month.
    If in that week we get to say 15, then maybe we would say everyone add a £10 to make the day go ahead?
    If we get to 18 then day goes ahead.
    its a big hit for the club still, but at least let's us run an event.

If anyone is against any of these ideas, let me know.

Kev
    CA19.5DET 390BHP