Thread: Fitting a steering wheel boss kit help

Rides

Fitting a steering wheel boss kit help

Hi guys just spent the last couple of hours googling how to fit a steering boss kit and I expected quite a few results but can't seem to find much

So if anyone knows of one Id much appreciate it as I've never fitted one before to any car

I know I need a 2.7ohm resistor for the airbag
    Do I need to remove the clock spring
    Does the indicator self cancel get effected or is that further in the column
    How do I connect the horn wires if I need to remove the clock dpring

Oh and last one with the boss kit I received a disk with 2 tabs on it I thing it's supposed to go between the boss and wheel but can't see what it does and it dislodges the horn button

Thanks guys

Rides
    Oh it's an s14a

Rides
    Hello mate.

A good quality boss should do your indicators for you, having said that, my NRG slimline unit doesn't, so it's usually worth asking others what brand they went for...

As for the airbag light, if you're not so hot on your electronics, you can take the clocks out (easy job) remove the rear section, and put some insulation tape over the square bit where the light shines through. It's a little ghetto, but Mr MOT wont mind

Clock spring usually has to go.
    Last edited by ChrisS13; 08-02-2015 at 18:58. Reason: Grammer fail...

Rides
    All sorted now did it yesterday

I drilled three locating holes in the boss to accept the blue self cancel part so that works I made a spring contact using some thick copper cable to touch the boss frame so the horn works fine without cable wrapped round the colmn and that connects to the red wire in the loom and the srs uses the 2 yellow wires on the loom and used a 1/2watt 2.7 ohm resistor so the airbag light functions

You can't cover the lamp now as the mot requires the light to come on then go off

Rides
    That's the horn bit kept it pretty simple

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    You can't cover the lamp now as the mot requires the light to come on then go off
    Only if there is an airbag fitted. So depends on if your car has a passenger airbag fitted or not, as you've just removed the drivers airbag.

Rides
    I am confused as to which wire to use for the horn as the loom seems to have two red wires coming from it ?????