Thread: Would you trade?

Rides

Would you trade?

Ok I've asked the question before about the trade a S14 Zenki for a R33 GTST. With most, if not all saying NO!!!

But what about a 1993 MKIV 2jz NA Supra.

Research suggest these are very capable cars in NA and kits available to turbo them them at a reasonable cost should I wish to later.

Whats your thoughts and pointers the engine sounds like its literally bullet prove from every thing I've read, must be somethings that need attention apart from the norm???

Rides
    This has been debated as well before,the engines are good more the TT versions as its a hefty old lump of an engine
    the cars are imo ok no major issues with them mechanically but its a lump of a car like 250kgs heavier than a 14
    the Na is 30/40kg less and they are both thirsty beasts mpg wise very low 20's mpg on both
    over here they are dearer to insure and I think tax as well
    the engines are strong can make about 800 on stock block/crank,gearbox's are strong (even the auto can handle 800+) +diff
    swap the running gear into a 13 or 14 is a common swap, get the Noise and the Sppeeeed in the better handling chassis
    over here the NA's are dirt cheap 2k or less maybe 3k if super clean,and the tt 6 speeds are 9/10k last time I looked
    EDIT: I would possibly trade my 14a for TT 6 speed purely because it would be worth more money
    but its going to be harder to sell the supra,I wouldn't consider an NA as they won't sell fast
    I wouldn't trade to keep the supra it would only be a money value aspect
    as well as I want to sell my 14a (soonish) and have my 13 as daily barely road legal thing
    Last edited by ANDY black s13; 10-02-2015 at 03:18.

Rides
    Alot of people find they swap to the larger cars and are immediately struck with how saggy the handling is.

They either go two ways:

Swap back fairly soon
    Spend an amazing amount of money making the car stupid fast to compensate